Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 12:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 4:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:36 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1125post #16861 of 305528/19/12 at 9:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16862 of 305528/19/12 at 10:34amQuote:Originally Posted by adamt
Keep forgetting to ask questions in this thread, will remember now:
a few questions please:
1) are they suitable for a 27 year old man?
2) On what occasions are they most suitable / practical?
I would want to wear them for casual day time and evening casual wear, going to the pub, restaurant, shops, cinema, out with friends - are they suitable?
3) What bottoms and footwear and colours are best suited with these casual shirts?
4) Can these shirts shown above be worn all year round, or are they only suitable in the summer?
- im in the UK by the way
Shirts are fine if you're chopping wood. Drinking with the other lumberjacks down at the legion. Better for winter . Likely too hot for summer.
Fine at the drive in. Even better if a Monty Python movie is on.post #16863 of 305528/19/12 at 10:53ampost #16864 of 305528/19/12 at 12:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Koaxke
I found two that I believe that I like. Would either of these be more suitable towards wearing on the weekend with some denim? I'm assuming the wingtips are more informal and better suited for wearing out on the town, but I just wanted to double check.
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/5038.php (in brown)
I've found Loakes to be hit or miss. I'd go for C&J or AS.post #16865 of 305528/19/12 at 12:16pmpost #16866 of 305528/19/12 at 12:26pmpost #16867 of 305528/19/12 at 12:30pm
I recently bought these raf simons sneakers off ssense
I normally wear a size 10.5 US and I got them in a size 44 (they were the last ones left). Do you guys think these will fit me ok?post #16868 of 305528/19/12 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by JackHunter
I just got a pair of C&J westbournes. They seem to fit well, but unlike my Allen Edmonds they've been tearing up my heels. It seems like this is just because they're new and still a bit stiff, but is there anything I should do to mitigate the blistering while I break them in?
Here's the stylish step taken by one SF member: http://lacasuarina.tumblr.com/image/29123894407. Now good luck findng something so stylish.post #16869 of 305528/19/12 at 1:11pm
Those are all from the 1880 range which are their top line, and in my experience, very good quality for that price range. Once you get into their other lower ranges, you may well be taking more of a chance.post #16870 of 305528/19/12 at 1:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by MadRopes
I recently bought these raf simons sneakers off ssense
I normally wear a size 10.5 US and I got them in a size 44 (they were the last ones left). Do you guys think these will fit me ok?
anyone help me with this?post #16871 of 305528/19/12 at 1:54pmpost #16872 of 305528/19/12 at 3:06pmpost #16873 of 305528/19/12 at 4:16pmpost #16874 of 305528/19/12 at 4:26pmpost #16875 of 305528/19/12 at 4:29pm
This is a weird question, pardon my ignorance. I just had my first bespoke suit made and I choose a different option other than belt loops for my trousers. I cannot for the life of me remember the name.
My question is what are alternatives for belt loops. I know tabs, but that wasn't the name. Anyone else know any other kinds? It's really bugging me and my tailor isn't open until Tuesday.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Hermes white dress shirt 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 3 minutes ago
- › LL Bean vintage pants 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Tetbury, UK7. Brand new 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...