Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 3:11 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:00 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/26/15 at 5:35pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:34 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1120
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16787 of 303558/15/12 at 8:33am^they are rayban, shouldn't be hard to find which
Buying a new suit soon, want the lapel on the thinner side. Will a 3.25" tie be too big?
I'm thinking it may be. One of the suits I'm looking at, jcrew ludlow http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/suiting/allludlowsuits/PRDOVR~41794/41794.jsp
even in the pictures that tie looks a bit big, and it seems to be on the slimmer sidepost #16788 of 303558/15/12 at 9:02ampost #16789 of 303558/15/12 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Depends how much spare fabric is there. The fact that there are cuffs means there's more fabric than if there wasn't, providing that you don't mind losing the cuffs, although as much as 3" might not be possible even then, that's quite a lot. I wouldn't count on there being enough to let them out that much unless the seller specifically confirms that there is.
Seller told me there is .5" - 1" of spare in addition to the cuff. I'm thinking about letting the cuff out and trying a fake/french cuff. From what I've read, there isn't a noticable difference as long as it is done correctly.
Unfortunatley cuffs are a must because they are pleated pants.post #16790 of 303558/15/12 at 11:36ampost #16791 of 303558/15/12 at 1:23pmpost #16792 of 303558/15/12 at 1:27pmpost #16793 of 303558/15/12 at 1:36pmpost #16794 of 303558/15/12 at 2:53pmpost #16795 of 303558/15/12 at 2:53pmpost #16796 of 303558/15/12 at 3:01pmpost #16797 of 303558/15/12 at 6:33pmThoughts on an Italian style suit, made of navy shark skin wool super 150s, peak lapel with a ticket pocket.
Not sure if all these features go together, I love the peak lapel but not sure if a ticket pocket would look off or not. I'm looking for a versatile suit with this effort, since I have the choice to omit or add details as it will be MTM. Any thoughts appreciated.post #16798 of 303558/15/12 at 8:18pm
I want good quality (AE level) shoe but with a "sleek/modern" look. I checked out McAllisters but I didn't like them even though the 5 last is one of the sleeker AE last. For example I like the 348 last from Crockett and Jones. Especially their Hallam. I have only seen pictures of the 348 last online though so I don't know what it actually looks like. I liked pics of the McAllisters but they look much chunkier IRL.
So what are some suggestions within a $300 budget?post #16799 of 303558/15/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Reigning Champ Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 3 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › anyone dealing with hair loss/thinning/balding? 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...