Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 1:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1120
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16787 of 307168/15/12 at 8:33am^they are rayban, shouldn't be hard to find which
Buying a new suit soon, want the lapel on the thinner side. Will a 3.25" tie be too big?
I'm thinking it may be. One of the suits I'm looking at, jcrew ludlow http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/suiting/allludlowsuits/PRDOVR~41794/41794.jsp
even in the pictures that tie looks a bit big, and it seems to be on the slimmer sidepost #16788 of 307168/15/12 at 9:02ampost #16789 of 307168/15/12 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Depends how much spare fabric is there. The fact that there are cuffs means there's more fabric than if there wasn't, providing that you don't mind losing the cuffs, although as much as 3" might not be possible even then, that's quite a lot. I wouldn't count on there being enough to let them out that much unless the seller specifically confirms that there is.
Seller told me there is .5" - 1" of spare in addition to the cuff. I'm thinking about letting the cuff out and trying a fake/french cuff. From what I've read, there isn't a noticable difference as long as it is done correctly.
Unfortunatley cuffs are a must because they are pleated pants.post #16790 of 307168/15/12 at 11:36ampost #16791 of 307168/15/12 at 1:23pmpost #16792 of 307168/15/12 at 1:27pmpost #16793 of 307168/15/12 at 1:36pmpost #16794 of 307168/15/12 at 2:53pmpost #16795 of 307168/15/12 at 2:53pmpost #16796 of 307168/15/12 at 3:01pmpost #16797 of 307168/15/12 at 6:33pmThoughts on an Italian style suit, made of navy shark skin wool super 150s, peak lapel with a ticket pocket.
Not sure if all these features go together, I love the peak lapel but not sure if a ticket pocket would look off or not. I'm looking for a versatile suit with this effort, since I have the choice to omit or add details as it will be MTM. Any thoughts appreciated.post #16798 of 307168/15/12 at 8:18pm
I want good quality (AE level) shoe but with a "sleek/modern" look. I checked out McAllisters but I didn't like them even though the 5 last is one of the sleeker AE last. For example I like the 348 last from Crockett and Jones. Especially their Hallam. I have only seen pictures of the 348 last online though so I don't know what it actually looks like. I liked pics of the McAllisters but they look much chunkier IRL.
So what are some suggestions within a $300 budget?post #16799 of 307168/15/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 8 seconds ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 1 minute ago
- › Gyakusou Leaf XL jacket [shipped anywhere] 4 minutes ago
- › NEW - Custom Alden Shell Boots - 10 / 10 E (Wide) - Grant Last -... 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - 24 May 2015 10 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan