Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:25 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 12:28 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1120
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16787 of 310788/15/12 at 8:33am^they are rayban, shouldn't be hard to find which
Buying a new suit soon, want the lapel on the thinner side. Will a 3.25" tie be too big?
I'm thinking it may be. One of the suits I'm looking at, jcrew ludlow http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/suiting/allludlowsuits/PRDOVR~41794/41794.jsp
even in the pictures that tie looks a bit big, and it seems to be on the slimmer sidepost #16788 of 310788/15/12 at 9:02ampost #16789 of 310788/15/12 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Depends how much spare fabric is there. The fact that there are cuffs means there's more fabric than if there wasn't, providing that you don't mind losing the cuffs, although as much as 3" might not be possible even then, that's quite a lot. I wouldn't count on there being enough to let them out that much unless the seller specifically confirms that there is.
Seller told me there is .5" - 1" of spare in addition to the cuff. I'm thinking about letting the cuff out and trying a fake/french cuff. From what I've read, there isn't a noticable difference as long as it is done correctly.
Unfortunatley cuffs are a must because they are pleated pants.post #16790 of 310788/15/12 at 11:36ampost #16791 of 310788/15/12 at 1:23pmpost #16792 of 310788/15/12 at 1:27pmpost #16793 of 310788/15/12 at 1:36pmpost #16794 of 310788/15/12 at 2:53pmpost #16795 of 310788/15/12 at 2:53pmpost #16796 of 310788/15/12 at 3:01pmpost #16797 of 310788/15/12 at 6:33pmThoughts on an Italian style suit, made of navy shark skin wool super 150s, peak lapel with a ticket pocket.
Not sure if all these features go together, I love the peak lapel but not sure if a ticket pocket would look off or not. I'm looking for a versatile suit with this effort, since I have the choice to omit or add details as it will be MTM. Any thoughts appreciated.post #16798 of 310788/15/12 at 8:18pm
I want good quality (AE level) shoe but with a "sleek/modern" look. I checked out McAllisters but I didn't like them even though the 5 last is one of the sleeker AE last. For example I like the 348 last from Crockett and Jones. Especially their Hallam. I have only seen pictures of the 348 last online though so I don't know what it actually looks like. I liked pics of the McAllisters but they look much chunkier IRL.
So what are some suggestions within a $300 budget?post #16799 of 310788/15/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › SAINT LAURENT overdyed t-shirt 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...