Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 7:17 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1119
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16772 of 321728/14/12 at 6:39pmpost #16773 of 321728/14/12 at 6:39pmQuote:
Open them up yourself, it takes about ten seconds. Just snip the white threads and it should come right open. Really foolproof if you have a seam ripper, have to be just a bit careful if you use scissors.post #16774 of 321728/14/12 at 6:51pmQuote:
If you button the top button, does the button stance seem normal/natural to you, the way it would as if you were wearing a regular 2-button suit? If so, you might be able to get it pressed such that the lapel rolls a little higher, allowing you to button it. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.post #16775 of 321728/14/12 at 7:01pm
Good evening StyleForum,
This is my first post here having signed up a few minutes ago after being a long time browser who has some pressing issues with regards to a new fashion venture.
First of all I'm 5'11, I have quite long legs in relation to a shortish torso with a very front heavy chest.
I'm looking to find a casual style that suits me on a day to day basis without looking over the top.
The colors that suit me are Navy's, Grey's, Dark Reds and Creams.
Ideally I like how Chino's feel but I've never had confidence or found the right shoes to wear without being too formal.
With regards to shirts they don't really suit me with my short torso whilst I prefer sweatshirts, jumpers or polo-necks.
I'm looking for an old fashioned classic style without looking to out of date or too flash.
Hectorpost #16776 of 321728/14/12 at 7:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
If you button the top button, does the button stance seem normal/natural to you, the way it would as if you were wearing a regular 2-button suit? If so, you might be able to get it pressed such that the lapel rolls a little higher, allowing you to button it. Other than that, I don't know what to tell youThe top button stance is OK, but the lapels are all sorts of messed up. I may try re-presssing the lapels so that the end a little higher. I will bring to a tailor and have him look at it.post #16777 of 321728/14/12 at 9:28pm
Hey guys, thinking about grabbing this jacket for use in a relatively casual setting. No work, just going out occasionally, whatever. Modern/sleek, or old man? I'm in my late 20's. Also, recommendations on things to wear it with? I was thinking maybe a lighter button down shirt (maybe pastels or something?), but I don't have anything even close to this right now, so kinda new territory for me.
Thanks all!post #16778 of 321728/14/12 at 10:41pmpost #16779 of 321728/15/12 at 3:10amQuote:
Depends how much spare fabric is there. The fact that there are cuffs means there's more fabric than if there wasn't, providing that you don't mind losing the cuffs, although as much as 3" might not be possible even then, that's quite a lot. I wouldn't count on there being enough to let them out that much unless the seller specifically confirms that there is.post #16780 of 321728/15/12 at 3:12amQuote:
They can straighten out what's there, and you only need a fraction of an inch to make a new hem. But it depends on what's going on with that 1.5 inches. You should ask the seller for pictures inside and out, and try to guess how much allowance you've got to work with.
I don't think you're going to magick 3 inches back out of the pants, unfortunately.
I had the same issue with a suit I bought on the 'bay a year or so ago. The price was too good to pass up, though, so I just wear the suit with high-top wingtip brogues. Wouldn't work if I had to wear suits to work, but fine for a saturday afternoon.post #16781 of 321728/15/12 at 3:52ampost #16782 of 321728/15/12 at 6:13amQuote:
Those are basting threads and come out very easily with a seam ripper. Whether you remove them is up to you.
Edited by KObalto - 8/15/12 at 11:35ampost #16783 of 321728/15/12 at 6:14ampost #16784 of 321728/15/12 at 6:48ampost #16785 of 321728/15/12 at 8:33am^they are rayban, shouldn't be hard to find which
Buying a new suit soon, want the lapel on the thinner side. Will a 3.25" tie be too big?
I'm thinking it may be. One of the suits I'm looking at, jcrew ludlow http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/suiting/allludlowsuits/PRDOVR~41794/41794.jsp
even in the pictures that tie looks a bit big, and it seems to be on the slimmer side
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 9 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 38 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Is there a standard "size" for darts? 6 minutes ago
- › How is the fit of this glasses? 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 12 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 13 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 14 minutes ago
- › Canali, Brioni, Corneliani, Loro Piana, Zegna, ect 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...