Hey PB, I was wearing brown shoes in your city today. How do you feel about that? The next post of this nature will be a just-above-the-knee overcoat
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 3:01 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1119
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16772 of 296808/14/12 at 3:33pmpost #16773 of 296808/14/12 at 3:53pmpost #16774 of 296808/14/12 at 5:27pm
Going to a funeral tomorrow, so I pulled out the black suit I haven't worn in a long time, purchased long before trolling SF.
The buttons on this are weird. It seems like a "2 roll 1" if there was such a thing.
I can't button the top because it lays wrong. Buttoning the bottom only seems blasphemous. Do I just leave it open or switch to dark gray instead?
What do I do with this suit (try to be nice)? Also please excuse iPhone photos.post #16775 of 296808/14/12 at 5:50pmpost #16776 of 296808/14/12 at 6:04pmpost #16777 of 296808/14/12 at 6:39pmpost #16778 of 296808/14/12 at 6:39pmQuote:
Open them up yourself, it takes about ten seconds. Just snip the white threads and it should come right open. Really foolproof if you have a seam ripper, have to be just a bit careful if you use scissors.post #16779 of 296808/14/12 at 6:51pmQuote:
If you button the top button, does the button stance seem normal/natural to you, the way it would as if you were wearing a regular 2-button suit? If so, you might be able to get it pressed such that the lapel rolls a little higher, allowing you to button it. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.post #16780 of 296808/14/12 at 7:01pm
Good evening StyleForum,
This is my first post here having signed up a few minutes ago after being a long time browser who has some pressing issues with regards to a new fashion venture.
First of all I'm 5'11, I have quite long legs in relation to a shortish torso with a very front heavy chest.
I'm looking to find a casual style that suits me on a day to day basis without looking over the top.
The colors that suit me are Navy's, Grey's, Dark Reds and Creams.
Ideally I like how Chino's feel but I've never had confidence or found the right shoes to wear without being too formal.
With regards to shirts they don't really suit me with my short torso whilst I prefer sweatshirts, jumpers or polo-necks.
I'm looking for an old fashioned classic style without looking to out of date or too flash.
Hectorpost #16781 of 296808/14/12 at 7:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
If you button the top button, does the button stance seem normal/natural to you, the way it would as if you were wearing a regular 2-button suit? If so, you might be able to get it pressed such that the lapel rolls a little higher, allowing you to button it. Other than that, I don't know what to tell youThe top button stance is OK, but the lapels are all sorts of messed up. I may try re-presssing the lapels so that the end a little higher. I will bring to a tailor and have him look at it.post #16782 of 296808/14/12 at 9:28pm
Hey guys, thinking about grabbing this jacket for use in a relatively casual setting. No work, just going out occasionally, whatever. Modern/sleek, or old man? I'm in my late 20's. Also, recommendations on things to wear it with? I was thinking maybe a lighter button down shirt (maybe pastels or something?), but I don't have anything even close to this right now, so kinda new territory for me.
Thanks all!post #16783 of 296808/14/12 at 10:41pmpost #16784 of 296808/15/12 at 3:10amQuote:
Depends how much spare fabric is there. The fact that there are cuffs means there's more fabric than if there wasn't, providing that you don't mind losing the cuffs, although as much as 3" might not be possible even then, that's quite a lot. I wouldn't count on there being enough to let them out that much unless the seller specifically confirms that there is.post #16785 of 296808/15/12 at 3:12amQuote:
They can straighten out what's there, and you only need a fraction of an inch to make a new hem. But it depends on what's going on with that 1.5 inches. You should ask the seller for pictures inside and out, and try to guess how much allowance you've got to work with.
I don't think you're going to magick 3 inches back out of the pants, unfortunately.
I had the same issue with a suit I bought on the 'bay a year or so ago. The price was too good to pass up, though, so I just wear the suit with high-top wingtip brogues. Wouldn't work if I had to wear suits to work, but fine for a saturday afternoon.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Tie brands we may not have heard of (but are worth knowing) 7 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 56 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays