or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1098

post #16456 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post


Looks like a nice last and good dark suede colour - can't really go wrong.

+1

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Was thinking the same. Would be nice with a pair of khaki pants in beige or something, right?

jeans too!

post #16457 of 33197

thinking of buying these boots they are 210$ 

worth it? look nice on picture

 

http://i49.tinypic.com/mm372t.jpg

post #16458 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupendous View Post

HAHA!  Steve, I just realised,these shoes are on YOUR post!  shog%5B1%5D.gif

I appreciate the exposure. If you are referring to the Algonquins, I think those are C&J.
post #16459 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalala1 View Post

thinking of buying these boots they are 210$ 
worth it? look nice on picture

http://i49.tinypic.com/mm372t.jpg

Only if you're into the gangster look. Otherwise, a definite No.
post #16460 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post


Only if you're into the gangster look. Otherwise, a definite No.

nah im looking for something that is loose at the top 

similar to 700

=/

post #16461 of 33197

Hey Everyone,

First post here. :)

I'm looking for a 3 button cardigan like in this combo here. Any ideas/suggestions. Am I even using the correct terminology? 

700

post #16462 of 33197
^I think that's probably a vest, and looks like a unique piece from the designer. Certainly not a generic type of garment I've seen before. The one on top would be an irish fisherman's sweater in cardigan form.

Do you know where the picture came from?
post #16463 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

I appreciate the exposure. If you are referring to the Algonquins, I think those are C&J.

Good pair of shoes.
post #16464 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

^I think that's probably a vest, and looks like a unique piece from the designer. Certainly not a generic type of garment I've seen before. The one on top would be an irish fisherman's sweater in cardigan form.
Do you know where the picture came from?


Thanks for the reply, that's a shame. 

It's in my lookbook folder. I'm pretty sure it originated from The Satorialist, though I can't find it now. 

 

Edit: Found it:
http://www.thesartorialist.com/men/on-the-street-layered-knits-florence/


Edited by Gravy - 8/4/12 at 12:06pm
post #16465 of 33197

Well I'm about to pull the trigger on some MTM shirts from modertailor.com. I have a shirt that fits me very well that can be used for the measurements. It seems that there is a gerneral consesus that measurung a well fitting shirt gives better results than body measurments. However, I did have a tailor take my measurements just in case. That being said, which option should I go with, shirt measurements or body?

post #16466 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrensonMan View Post

Well I'm about to pull the trigger on some MTM shirts from modertailor.com. I have a shirt that fits me very well that can be used for the measurements. It seems that there is a gerneral consesus that measurung a well fitting shirt gives better results than body measurments. However, I did have a tailor take my measurements just in case. That being said, which option should I go with, shirt measurements or body?

Shirt and tweak it to your preference.
post #16467 of 33197

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yika View Post


Shirt and tweak it to your preference.

Cool. Thanks Yika.

post #16468 of 33197
I recently picked up a pair of light colored Olebar Brown setters. Of course, I'm a complete idiot and stained them the first time I wore them. Does anyone have any tips for removing grease stains from nylon/polyamide?
post #16469 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321 View Post


There are many from which to choose, with the "best" being dependent on the situation, neck/face size, collar type, tie material, tie length, tie width, torso length, and various other factors.
The most common knot (probably by far) is the four-in-hand; I venture to suggest that it's the only tie knot most men even know.
I often tie a half-Windsor knot, which is a little larger than the four-in-hand, but not so large as the full Windsor, and it yields a symmetrical, triangular knot shape which I generally find rather pleasing.
You can easily research various tie knots online, and even find youtube videos on how to tie most of them.

Michael

Take this with a grain of salt on account of my lack of experience, but I find the half windsor to be most versatile. Size wise, and also because of its symmetry. How wide the opening of the collar on your shirt and tie material seem to be the biggest deciding factors on knot selection.

 

I meant to respond to the original post... so new.

post #16470 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy View Post


Thanks for the reply, that's a shame. 


It's in my lookbook folder. I'm pretty sure it originated from The Satorialist, though I can't find it now. 

Edit: Found it:
http://www.thesartorialist.com/men/on-the-street-layered-knits-florence/

Hmm, looking at that in a larger size I'm not even convinced it's a knit. In fact, I'm pretty convinced it isn't- it looks like tweed to me. Vest, or maybe even an unstructured jacket, but wearing the sweater over it wouldn't seem to make much sense. More plausible than wearing two rough knits layered, anyway. Ever try to put a sweater on over a corduroy shirt? It would be impossible to actually put the second sweater on. Hard, but possible with a tweed jacket, though it wouldn't make much sense to me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)