Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 9:53 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1091post #16351 of 331808/1/12 at 3:09pmpost #16352 of 331808/1/12 at 3:23pmQuote:A solid navy suit with a solid navy tie can be a bit more solid navy than is ideal. Just the same, if the shirt has some interest to it, the combination can work. (And even with a plain white shirt, it's far from the worst look out there.)
A solid navy suit with a navy-based patterned tie is seldom a problem.
Bear in mind, "Is it okay?" is a relatively low standard. Many combinations can look okay, while still being somewhat dull or unimaginative. In some situations, "dull" may not be a bad thing, and personally I'd rather err on the dull side, than on the overly extreme side. Still, most of the time, I try to set my sights at least a little higher than merely "okay."
Michaelpost #16353 of 331808/1/12 at 5:14pmpost #16354 of 331808/1/12 at 6:15pmpost #16355 of 331808/1/12 at 6:52pmHow come Yoox never seems to have any men's suits in short sizes? Or am I just searching incorrectly? I've run searches for every iteration of my size (38S) I can think of -- 38S, 38 short, 48S, 48C, etc., but no dice. Is this just a matter of faulty searching, or is Yoox discriminating against handsome little devils like myself by their abject lack of high-quality duds?post #16356 of 331808/1/12 at 6:52pmpost #16357 of 331808/1/12 at 7:02pm
Similarly, it's usually more difficult to find a size 15EEE pair of shoes, than a pair in 10D.post #16358 of 331808/1/12 at 7:38pmpost #16359 of 331808/1/12 at 8:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by jcb9
Interested in a nice leather jacket that is non-biker like. Any comments on the quality of this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280932513767&clk_rvr_id=370665741747&mfe=sidebar#ht_500wt_898?
That style of jacket doesn't work very well with tailored clothing. If you're considering it as a streetwear option, you might consider asking about it in that forum.post #16360 of 331808/1/12 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by bnovcQuote:
How do you determine this based on creasing? Both of the dress shoes I have (AE 9Ds) have a little bit of crease below the laced area.
Creasing in that area is normal and unavoidable. Creasing in the toe box and/or the heel is often an indicator of poor fit. It's often accompanied by some degree of discomfort since ill-fitting shoes are rarely comfortable.post #16361 of 331808/1/12 at 8:16pmpost #16362 of 331808/1/12 at 8:21pm
It all depends on your personality and the occasion:
*Why is there so much hate towards rubber soles? I'm not talking about the chunky ones like on skechers shoes, but ones that have the same slim appearance from the side as leather soles. I ask this because I'm in Ohio and our weather is crappy about 75% of the time.
Vancouver 80% is rain!
There are very stylized leather shoes with their respective “slim sole” like Prada, there are double layer leather soles in shoes like Canali that gives you better value. A leather sole give you support and breathability but it really depend on the quality of the leather. It’s also considered luxurious!
Are there rules for matching socks?
Depending on the occasion, if you want to be conservative match it with your trouser, if you wanna be cool get a funky colorful one but always try to match it with colors that your outfit may have like you tie, pocket square, shirt, etc so the level of coordination and detail is higher!
Break on your trouser?
It really depends on your personality and occasion, the trend is to barely touch your shoe but it has to be an aggressively narrow leg and well coordinated with a respective shoe otherwise it does not look appropriate.
Harry Rosenpost #16363 of 331808/1/12 at 8:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by cptjeff
I'll second this. I've never seen an untucked long sleeve shirt that looked good, they all look like you're trying to hide a paunch or just resented the fact that your mother made you tuck your shirt in. Casually or not. If you insist, shortening is certainly possible, and you'll look less stupid.
The only time untucked shirts look good is when they're short sleeved sport shirts, flat hemmed or short, and being worn with shorts or swim trunks. Preferably at the pool or beach.
And before you call me an out of touch old man or something, I'm in my mid 20's.
oops! I will disagree a bit here. I sometimes wear shorts, chinos or jeans with the shirt untucked. I think that, if the shirt has short tails (i.e.falling just a couple of inches below the waist), then it was meant to be worn either way.
and before I get marked as a sloppy young man, I'm in my mid 40s :D (sloppy old man maybe?)post #16364 of 331808/2/12 at 6:06ampost #16365 of 331808/2/12 at 6:08am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 19 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 28 seconds ago
- › Epaulet x Schott Navy Melton Wool Peacoat 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › GANT RUGGER CHINOS US 32/34 2 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway