Have your tailor remove the belt loops. Belts with suits are a serious no-no, stemming from the fact that if you couldn't afford to have your clothes tailor made for you, you had to wear a belt with them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1079post #16171 of 321927/24/12 at 6:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16172 of 321927/24/12 at 6:58ampost #16173 of 321927/24/12 at 7:13ampost #16174 of 321927/24/12 at 9:23ampost #16175 of 321927/24/12 at 9:28ampost #16176 of 321927/24/12 at 9:32ampost #16177 of 321927/24/12 at 9:34ampost #16178 of 321927/24/12 at 9:43ampost #16179 of 321927/24/12 at 10:16amQuote:
I think I'm fine with that stigma, if that is all it is.Quote:
Agreed.post #16180 of 321927/24/12 at 11:20ampost #16181 of 321927/24/12 at 11:23amQuote:
Not necessarily a hard fast rule, though suits generally look better without belts. The formality and clean lines of a suit are broken up by a belt and therefore bring the overall look down in many peoples' opinions. I tend to agree, however I have seen belts (particularly very slim belts in some sort of exotic skin) go fine with suits.
All and all I prefer braces over belts. The do a better job of keeping your pants up than a belt and at the same time do not disturb the harmony of a look.post #16182 of 321927/24/12 at 11:27am
Searching for a pair of red/burgundi tassels, and came across these sale. Is this a corrected-grain (high shine/plastic covered) material that will age badly or is it just the photo?
More pics on Bexleys website:post #16183 of 321927/24/12 at 11:34ampost #16184 of 321927/24/12 at 4:10pm
Yeah what's with this MC vs. SW&D debate? When I first joined I thought the MC casual thread was about biker casual clothes or something (MC=motorcycle club), then I figured out there were two different sub-forums and apparently there is some kind of rivalry between them. Um, why? First off, why even have two separate forums? It's all just clothes. I mean I like to mix and match more casual/street wear and more formal stuff-- for example, once rocked a dark gray silk/wool Perry Ellis pinstripe suit with a white french cuff dress shirt, silver tie, a black Kangol, and my suit trousers tucked into combat boots-- if I were to discuss that kinda "mixed" look, which sub-forum would that belong in? It all seems like an unnecessarily confusing (and seemingly antagonistic) dichotomy to me.post #16185 of 321927/24/12 at 4:17pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 16 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 16 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?