Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 10:40 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:34 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1062
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15917 of 303697/10/12 at 5:52amQuote:Any thoughts...
I've tried on alot of suits the past few weeks and even had one Made to Measure.
From Brooks Brothers, Armani, Joseph Abboud, Z Zegna, Boss Black... And I even bought a Made to Measure Thick as Thieves suit which came out incredibly wrong beyond repair and unwearable but they were nice enough to REFUND my money. The owner took my measurements in person so it was their fought. I was extremely disappointed because I was so looking forward to this suit, but at the very least I want to GIVE Thick as Thieves PROPS for refunding me. THANK YOU!!!
That being said... I know everyone here for the most part does NOT like Boss suits... but the Suit that so far fits me best is the Boss Black Jam Sharp.
And at this point I want to buy it (it will be on sale for about $500) but everyone keeps saying don't buy Boss. Any thoughts?
Also there Boss Black has a similar cut suit called the Hour / Sharp (Dark Grey) that is normally $1,000 on sale for $660.
And I like the Hour / Jam even more then the Boss NAVY since I'm looking for Dark Grey / Charcoal.
So does anyone have a good Boss story that could re-assure me to buy it or should I just run away from Boss?
What I'm thinking is BOSS makes really good fitting suits and good style... but perhaps the quality is NOT good and doesn't last?
Is that why so many do NOT like BOSS?
@Stone34 my 2c is if you like the fit and don't mind the price then go for it. I think most of the hate/dislike for Boss on SF is actually the apparent lack of value for money. Most people will steer you towards other brands that can be had for the same or less and give a 'better' made suit (Polo Ralph Lauren springs to mind). Personally, I own 4 boss suits and 2 sportcoats, am wearing a blue pinstripe Selection label one today, and have only good things to say about them. Maybe when funds allow I'll jump into a 'higher' bracket and search for a similar cut but for now they're perfect for my 4 days a week in a suit and tie. Bear in mind, I have taken the somewhat cheaper approach and only one of them was purchased near full price at a B&M - the others were either new or gently used off of eBay and the B&S here - which you may want to look at if time isn't a big factor.
Hope that helps and good luck with the hunt.post #15918 of 303697/10/12 at 6:36ampost #15919 of 303697/10/12 at 6:41am
Thanks, much appreciated guys, especially since its my first post on sf. Will use insoles/see my cobbler as a short term solution, hopefully I can find a long term solution that does not spoil the shoe - will post back here then!
If there is anyone who has similar experience please PM me or respond to this post.Quote:Originally Posted by SlimJohny
I am not sure if it is possible to shrink the shoes without risking doing a permament damage. You are right that the shoes could expand ever further if you would put the insoles/heel grips in the shoes, but I did put the insoles in, worn the shoes every day for about a month and did not notice any expansion.
I would reccomend you going to some shoemaker in your area and asked him, if it is possible to make the shoes smaller - I think that the construction of the suede loafers is not complicated and it would be possible to re-cut the shoes, but that is just my guess and it will be best just to ask a skilled shoemaker. If this does not work, try the insoles (which should not expand your shoe) and as a last option try the heel grips.
Hope it helps and good luck!post #15920 of 303697/10/12 at 1:27pmpost #15921 of 303697/10/12 at 1:34pmpost #15922 of 303697/10/12 at 2:08pmpost #15923 of 303697/10/12 at 2:23pmpost #15924 of 303697/10/12 at 2:26pmpost #15925 of 303697/10/12 at 3:35pmpost #15926 of 303697/10/12 at 4:52pmpost #15927 of 303697/10/12 at 5:17pmQuote:
I would call it personal preference. The only time I pull a button down from wardrobe is a OCBD worn casually. If opting for a dress shirt, the collar absolutely cannot be a floppy vaginapost #15928 of 303697/10/12 at 5:23pmQuote:
Sorry, I just can't get on board with these if they were giving them away...they look like a pair of shoes that a costume store would give you when you rent a gangster outfit. I'm just a guy on the internet though, so go for them if you like them, just don't be blinded by the discount!post #15929 of 303697/10/12 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by HansderHund
Sorry, I just can't get on board with these if they were giving them away...they look like a pair of shoes that a costume store would give you when you rent a gangster outfit. I'm just a guy on the internet though, so go for them if you like them, just don't be blinded by the discount!
Yes - this.
If you would not pay full price for it, getting on sale isn't likely to result in more wears or greater enjoyment.post #15930 of 303697/10/12 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by IsteRed
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
details on your watch strap (and watch)?
I don't like them, too much going on IMO.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran... 13 seconds ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 3 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran... 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 15 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 15 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran... 16 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...