or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1057

post #15841 of 31221
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanmjj View Post

does anyone have a recommendation for a belt that matches the walnut cliftons? can't find anything quite orangey enough.
Allen Edmonds do their belts in the same colours as their shoes, including walnut. Though as mentioned above they don't need to match exactly so any mid-brown or orangey-brown belt will probably do.
post #15842 of 31221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariooo View Post


that's less than I pay, so I'd say yeah

Thanks. Is your name Mario? Mine is too haha

post #15843 of 31221
Does this shirt look like a twill or an oxford to you? I ordered a twill on Moderntailor, but it looks like an oxford to me:

469

469
post #15844 of 31221
Oxford cloth is a basket weave.

Notice the diagonal line (wale) in the fabric, most visible in the edge of the cuff. That is a characteristic of twill, not of oxford cloth.
post #15845 of 31221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Oxford cloth is a basket weave.
Notice the diagonal line (wale) in the fabric, most visible in the edge of the cuff. That is a characteristic of twill, not of oxford cloth.

Alright, thanks. I see it in the cuffs now. I just couldn't really see it in the body.
post #15846 of 31221
What type of tie construction is this? Made of one piece of silk with no lining or tipping - just like a traditional seven fold - but without the requisite number of folds. An unlined 3 fold? I'm just stumped because I've never seen this...

263
263
post #15847 of 31221
Quote:
Originally Posted by amadar View Post

What type of tie construction is this? Made of one piece of silk with no lining or tipping - just like a traditional seven fold - but without the requisite number of folds. An unlined 3 fold? I'm just stumped because I've never seen this...
263
263

Yes, it is an unlined 3 fold.
post #15848 of 31221

My eBay package went "out for delivery" at 9 am yesterday. It's being shipped with USPS and the mail already came sans package. Should I be worried?

post #15849 of 31221
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheloniusDrunk View Post

My eBay package went "out for delivery" at 9 am yesterday. It's being shipped with USPS and the mail already came sans package. Should I be worried?

Is it priority mail? Priority is usually done by a different mail carrier than your normal mail delivery. Also, was their signature confirmation? they may have it at your local PO. I would call them
post #15850 of 31221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post


Is it priority mail? Priority is usually done by a different mail carrier than your normal mail delivery. Also, was their signature confirmation? they may have it at your local PO. I would call them

 

I believe it is. So that's a different route than my normal mail courier?

post #15851 of 31221

I would like to know what do you guys think about wool and cashmere blend? Is it suitable for warm country? I've read some forums and some gentlement said it doesn't hold the crease well in the trouser. Any advice? thanks.

post #15852 of 31221
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheloniusDrunk View Post

I believe it is. So that's a different route than my normal mail courier?

It depends where you are. Often times priority or express mail gets delivered by someone else. I recently had one of the office employees run a priority package over - I only live about 15 blocks from the post office.

Also, unless they overnighted it or you live very close to the seller, it may take longer than two days. Priority is typically guaranteed in three.
post #15853 of 31221

I really want this jacket,

but I have no idea where it's from

175851560420380831_rt4eyu1b_f.jpg

anyone got any ideas?

whenever i look for red plaid i get incredibly loud tartans etc.

finding the fabric alone would be enough, I could get it tailored

post #15854 of 31221
Is there a brand for dress shoes called "Gravitti"?

I saw it at a high-end store in my town, and wanted to do some more research on it online, but got nothing. I believe I am misspelling it.
post #15855 of 31221
Gravati
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)