Regarding lapel pins and boutonnières as seen on sportcoats from L.B.M. 1911, Lardini, Isaia and Tombolini. Keep or remove?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 7/2/15 at 4:16am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 7:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 7/4/15 at 8:07am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1055
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15812 of 309567/2/12 at 4:53pmpost #15813 of 309567/2/12 at 7:32pm
I looked in the last 10ish pages before posting and i dont think anyone mentioned seconds.
Aside from that question, can anyone point me to a thread that discusses fabrics? What are the normally suggested fabrics for business casual shirts and slacks?post #15814 of 309567/2/12 at 8:58pmpost #15815 of 309567/2/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
Brooks Brothers Soft Jacket on sale.post #15816 of 309567/2/12 at 11:08pmpost #15817 of 309567/3/12 at 4:32ampost #15818 of 309567/3/12 at 6:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Gosroth
Thanks for the input. My preference is a rather snugg fit, and this case it's essential since the shoes in questions are loafers (still deciding between boxcalf and suede)
In this case however, I did get a white blister on my right heel from walking maybe two dozen steps on the store carpet (left foot was perfectly comfortable, I suspect I have a minor difference in feet size), so maybe I'm overdoing it.
Let me ask this way: if I a shoe is comfortable while standing up and feels tight (not painfull, but still enough to cause a blister initially)), while walking, can I safetly assume it will break in eventually?
What material (suede vs. boxcalf) have a greater chance to break in sucsessfully?
The shoes are breaking your feet in. I know, mind blown.
Also, snug has only 1 g.
Thxpost #15819 of 309567/3/12 at 10:26ampost #15820 of 309567/3/12 at 10:33am
Best answer to this question, you won't regret reading through it.post #15821 of 309567/3/12 at 10:09pmQuote:
not sure between the first 2, but definitely NOT the last 1!post #15822 of 309567/4/12 at 9:35ampost #15823 of 309567/4/12 at 9:41amQuote:
resoling is no rocket science. there were rumours that they change their recraft policy. have a look in the alden thread. people are very helpful there.post #15824 of 309567/4/12 at 10:39amQuote:
Pretty different styles there. Do you want a more traditional or an extremely modern cut? Need to settle on what look you're going for before you start worrying about who to buy from.post #15825 of 309567/4/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
Thanks. It's gonna be a work suit and I work in Wealth Preservation / Retirement... so a bit more Traditional but I don't want it to be huge and boxy. I think the Brooks Brothers REGENT fits more of an athletic build like I have so I hope it's a bit tapered in the pants too. And I think Thick as Thieves might be too extremely modern like you said for me and they are more for a skinnier body type.
That being said I was interested in Thick as Thieves but since I can't see them before hand it feels like too much uncertainty...
Any thoughts on the Navy Regent Saxon or the Navy Regent Solid?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › Compared to my friends, I'm failing in my career. How do I get back... 10 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc 11 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 15 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...