Regarding lapel pins and boutonnières as seen on sportcoats from L.B.M. 1911, Lardini, Isaia and Tombolini. Keep or remove?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 8:44 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1055
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15812 of 313827/2/12 at 4:53pmpost #15813 of 313827/2/12 at 7:32pm
I looked in the last 10ish pages before posting and i dont think anyone mentioned seconds.
Aside from that question, can anyone point me to a thread that discusses fabrics? What are the normally suggested fabrics for business casual shirts and slacks?post #15814 of 313827/2/12 at 8:58pmpost #15815 of 313827/2/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
Brooks Brothers Soft Jacket on sale.post #15816 of 313827/2/12 at 11:08pmpost #15817 of 313827/3/12 at 4:32ampost #15818 of 313827/3/12 at 6:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Gosroth
Thanks for the input. My preference is a rather snugg fit, and this case it's essential since the shoes in questions are loafers (still deciding between boxcalf and suede)
In this case however, I did get a white blister on my right heel from walking maybe two dozen steps on the store carpet (left foot was perfectly comfortable, I suspect I have a minor difference in feet size), so maybe I'm overdoing it.
Let me ask this way: if I a shoe is comfortable while standing up and feels tight (not painfull, but still enough to cause a blister initially)), while walking, can I safetly assume it will break in eventually?
What material (suede vs. boxcalf) have a greater chance to break in sucsessfully?
The shoes are breaking your feet in. I know, mind blown.
Also, snug has only 1 g.
Thxpost #15819 of 313827/3/12 at 10:26ampost #15820 of 313827/3/12 at 10:33am
Best answer to this question, you won't regret reading through it.post #15821 of 313827/3/12 at 10:09pmQuote:
not sure between the first 2, but definitely NOT the last 1!post #15822 of 313827/4/12 at 9:35ampost #15823 of 313827/4/12 at 9:41amQuote:
resoling is no rocket science. there were rumours that they change their recraft policy. have a look in the alden thread. people are very helpful there.post #15824 of 313827/4/12 at 10:39amQuote:
Pretty different styles there. Do you want a more traditional or an extremely modern cut? Need to settle on what look you're going for before you start worrying about who to buy from.post #15825 of 313827/4/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
Thanks. It's gonna be a work suit and I work in Wealth Preservation / Retirement... so a bit more Traditional but I don't want it to be huge and boxy. I think the Brooks Brothers REGENT fits more of an athletic build like I have so I hope it's a bit tapered in the pants too. And I think Thick as Thieves might be too extremely modern like you said for me and they are more for a skinnier body type.
That being said I was interested in Thick as Thieves but since I can't see them before hand it feels like too much uncertainty...
Any thoughts on the Navy Regent Saxon or the Navy Regent Solid?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Studio D'Artisan SD-101 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...