Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 6:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/29/15 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:40 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Yesterday
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1053
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15782 of 303697/2/12 at 6:07ampost #15783 of 303697/2/12 at 6:24ampost #15784 of 303697/2/12 at 6:51ampost #15785 of 303697/2/12 at 6:59am
I have two Harvie and Hudson dress shirts that I recently noticed were really creased up. I had hand washed both of them and hung them to dry, and I must have not been careful because they each are incredibly creased up with lines. I tried to iron one this morning and had little luck getting it smooth.
Can I fix this issue simply by throwing it in the washing machine and washing them in cold water? I really hope the shirts aren't ruined.post #15786 of 303697/2/12 at 8:49ampost #15787 of 303697/2/12 at 8:50amQuote:Originally Posted by galeron
Colour for an unstructured linen blazer?
This is to be paired with jeans, mostly (indigo blue and black).
I know a navy blue blazer is the classic colour, but it feels like a khaki blazer would be more appropriate in this case?
*** Ideally this should be as versatile as possible, across a full range of colours (not just the jean colours that I currently have)
White is versatile like heck, love my white scpost #15788 of 303697/2/12 at 9:05amMaybe someone knows a little about jewellry.
I've been given one ring and one brooch. Both are stamped as 585 gold. I won't get to visit a jeweller to estimate them in the next few weeks, so I figured maybe someone of you could give a first rough estimate on whether they're likely junk other than the gold value (which I guess ) or not.
Ring, 6.3 grams.
2 more pictures! (Click to show)
Brooch, 7.3 grams
3 more pictures (Click to show)post #15789 of 303697/2/12 at 9:11am
I've lurked here for some time and have learned quite a bit. I'd like to purchase my first good suit and I'm going the ebay/used route as my financial standing does not match my tastes/desires. I missed a really wonderful Armani recently by a few dollars just yesterday so now I'm looking agressively. I've come across the following listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190696415464
While the authenticity is all but certain and the measurements seem perfect, I'm trying to decide if I like the fabric and, furthermore, if this model is excessively outdated. I *think* I like it but something is giving me a bit of pause, but I suspect that might be because I was expecting to find a charcoal or subtle pinstripe suit. Oh esteemed style gurus, what say you?post #15790 of 303697/2/12 at 9:17ampost #15791 of 303697/2/12 at 10:27ampost #15792 of 303697/2/12 at 10:32amQuote:
Depends on your feet and preference and shoe material (type of leather). Those of us with toughened feet due to wearing leather shoes for a good amount of time can be perfectly comfy in an initially snug fitting shoe. Tenderfoots may need to size up as you feet will get larger during the day.post #15793 of 303697/2/12 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by NORE
Depends on your feet and preference and shoe material (type of leather). Those of us with toughened feet due to wearing leather shoes for a good amount of time can be perfectly comfy in an initially snug fitting shoe. Tenderfoots may need to size up as you feet will get larger during the day.
This is so true. I like 'em tight to almost painful when brand new. After a dozen wears or so they become just snug - which how I like them.
But I've been wearing leather shoes my whole life. I grew up in the era when properly fitted leather shoes were considered important to the growth of healthy feet. Don't know if there is any truth to this or not - but my feet are certainly well adapted to leather shoes.
Can't relate to the young men of today who approach a leather soled shoe as if it is some exotic beast from a far away land.post #15794 of 303697/2/12 at 10:50ampost #15795 of 303697/2/12 at 10:53am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 12 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 42 seconds ago
- › Shirt Button Stance 42 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 53 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › FS: VINTAGE SHELL CORDOVAN FLORSHEIM ROYAL IMPERIAL 8.5 D 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...