Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:24 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1053
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15782 of 310807/2/12 at 6:07ampost #15783 of 310807/2/12 at 6:24ampost #15784 of 310807/2/12 at 6:51ampost #15785 of 310807/2/12 at 6:59am
I have two Harvie and Hudson dress shirts that I recently noticed were really creased up. I had hand washed both of them and hung them to dry, and I must have not been careful because they each are incredibly creased up with lines. I tried to iron one this morning and had little luck getting it smooth.
Can I fix this issue simply by throwing it in the washing machine and washing them in cold water? I really hope the shirts aren't ruined.post #15786 of 310807/2/12 at 8:49ampost #15787 of 310807/2/12 at 8:50amQuote:Originally Posted by galeron
Colour for an unstructured linen blazer?
This is to be paired with jeans, mostly (indigo blue and black).
I know a navy blue blazer is the classic colour, but it feels like a khaki blazer would be more appropriate in this case?
*** Ideally this should be as versatile as possible, across a full range of colours (not just the jean colours that I currently have)
White is versatile like heck, love my white scpost #15788 of 310807/2/12 at 9:05amMaybe someone knows a little about jewellry.
I've been given one ring and one brooch. Both are stamped as 585 gold. I won't get to visit a jeweller to estimate them in the next few weeks, so I figured maybe someone of you could give a first rough estimate on whether they're likely junk other than the gold value (which I guess ) or not.
Ring, 6.3 grams.
2 more pictures! (Click to show)
Brooch, 7.3 grams
3 more pictures (Click to show)post #15789 of 310807/2/12 at 9:11am
I've lurked here for some time and have learned quite a bit. I'd like to purchase my first good suit and I'm going the ebay/used route as my financial standing does not match my tastes/desires. I missed a really wonderful Armani recently by a few dollars just yesterday so now I'm looking agressively. I've come across the following listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190696415464
While the authenticity is all but certain and the measurements seem perfect, I'm trying to decide if I like the fabric and, furthermore, if this model is excessively outdated. I *think* I like it but something is giving me a bit of pause, but I suspect that might be because I was expecting to find a charcoal or subtle pinstripe suit. Oh esteemed style gurus, what say you?post #15790 of 310807/2/12 at 9:17ampost #15791 of 310807/2/12 at 10:27ampost #15792 of 310807/2/12 at 10:32amQuote:
Depends on your feet and preference and shoe material (type of leather). Those of us with toughened feet due to wearing leather shoes for a good amount of time can be perfectly comfy in an initially snug fitting shoe. Tenderfoots may need to size up as you feet will get larger during the day.post #15793 of 310807/2/12 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by NORE
Depends on your feet and preference and shoe material (type of leather). Those of us with toughened feet due to wearing leather shoes for a good amount of time can be perfectly comfy in an initially snug fitting shoe. Tenderfoots may need to size up as you feet will get larger during the day.
This is so true. I like 'em tight to almost painful when brand new. After a dozen wears or so they become just snug - which how I like them.
But I've been wearing leather shoes my whole life. I grew up in the era when properly fitted leather shoes were considered important to the growth of healthy feet. Don't know if there is any truth to this or not - but my feet are certainly well adapted to leather shoes.
Can't relate to the young men of today who approach a leather soled shoe as if it is some exotic beast from a far away land.post #15794 of 310807/2/12 at 10:50ampost #15795 of 310807/2/12 at 10:53am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 seconds ago
- › What are you reading? 13 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Latest Point and Shoot Cameras 17 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 21 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...