I would like to get some input on what I should be buying next for my wardrobe.
Own now: (* = would like to phase out)
- AE Strand Captoe Walnut
- AE Neumok Snuff Suede
- *Random black loafers
- Suits (normally don't wear these jackets but wear the trousers)
- Macy's Alfani black with light pinstripes
- Gray suit from Rick's tailoring
- Light gray, cotton from Express
- * Medium/dark gray, cotton from Express (not as long as I would like)
- Dark blue jeans, Express (not sure on these, they seem to sit weird) - usually on wear these on the weekends
- 1MX Express shirts in (solids): black, bright red, purple, dark green, gray - these are all a bit too tight, and I think they're too dark to wear with anything except casually with jeans
- BB white French cuff
- ModernTailor white French cuff
- Random brand reversible dark brown/black belt
- Guess steel watch
I don't wear a suit jacket or tie often. Partially because I don't think I look better with it (I wouldn't be surprised if I'm convinced otherwise reading here long enough) and partially because I work at an engineering company where I'm already the most dressed up.
Things I'm thinking about getting next:
- small check white/purple dress shirt with a button down collar - I want to have shirts that aren't as super-casual/inappropriate with dress pants as the solid Express shirts I have now. I wanted to get a button down collar because it seems popular here when not wearing a tie.
- a new belt, because I want one that is lighter to go better with my shoes and I would like one of those flat buckles (looks like a rectangle, don't know if it has a name)
- a light blue dress shirt with button down collar
Do others think I'm on the right track with this? Suggestions for something different?