Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:20 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1041post #15601 of 332986/26/12 at 11:08ampost #15602 of 332986/26/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Tyler2106
I'm looking for an all leather burgundy wingtip oxford lace up shoes. I have a pair of Florsheim that I find comfortable and I'd like to stay in the $180-275 range. Where should I look for a shoe like that? I want something with more design and not a plain shoes. Thanks
Find used or seconds of AE, or Alden.post #15603 of 332986/26/12 at 11:14ampost #15604 of 332986/26/12 at 11:14ampost #15605 of 332986/26/12 at 11:15ampost #15606 of 332986/26/12 at 11:30am
Thanks guys! When I have time I will hit up the classified for a nice used pair.
Any suggestions of a plain navy blue suit in the $300-400 range? I want a lighter blue and not dark. I found a Ralph Lauren suit for $350. RL any good?post #15607 of 332986/26/12 at 11:32amQuote:
For $300-$400 you can't be too picky. Just make sure it fits well.post #15608 of 332986/26/12 at 11:37am
I have always had sensitive eyes, but recently they have become so sensitive that around snow, sand, water etc. I get a slight headache. Despite my sensitive eyes, I have NEVER owned a pair of sunglasses, apart from a pair of novelty sunglasses from when I was like 5 years old. I tried determining my face/head shape, but couldn't figure it out from the measurements that I got.
So here is my face shot.
I was thinking that a pair of Aviator style sunglasses might suit me. Thin frames, not shiny - probably a tortoise colour would go with my hair/skin - not sure. If I'm wrong, don't be afraid to tell me.
I like these http://www.victoryoc.com/frame_pages/Plaza1835_Gld.aspx no idea where to buy them from (I'm in eastern europe). Not sure about what looks to be the green tint.
Also, how to determine if the frames are too big/small for my face or don't sit right or whatever. And lastly, what do I choose the lens color by (other than its optical properties).
(I also started a thread on this when I should have just posted here, sry.)post #15609 of 332986/26/12 at 11:40amQuote:
To expand on what pB stated that's the average price I paid for all of my Polo Ralph Lauren suits brand new which retail for $1,600-$4,000. So yes, if it's made in Italy, that's quite a good deal.
I got them both here and via eBay.post #15610 of 332986/26/12 at 12:09pmpost #15611 of 332986/26/12 at 12:46pmThank you for your quick response. I already own several pairs of allen edmonds shoes in more conservative colors As well as black leather oxfords From johnston and murphy. So I believe I have the staples down I was just looking for something a little different to spice up my daily wearers. I appreciate the input and will keep that in mind.post #15612 of 332986/26/12 at 1:22pmWhat color shoes do people have for universal use? I have one nice black pair and a more casual black shoe. I work 5 days a week and am needing more nice shoes. Is burgundy the next best color or is another black fine?
I have black, grey and blue pin stripe suits and am getting a blue suit soon. I want the pair to match those before I get into earth tones.post #15613 of 332986/26/12 at 1:28pmpost #15614 of 332986/26/12 at 1:36pmpost #15615 of 332986/26/12 at 1:46pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 25 seconds ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Barre & Brunel Footwear - Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 7 minutes ago
- › Canali Leather jacket silky soft calf 48 EU 38 US 13 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 20 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 25 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...