Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 5/23/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 5/23/15 at 7:25am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1041post #15601 of 307206/26/12 at 9:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15602 of 307206/26/12 at 11:07ampost #15603 of 307206/26/12 at 11:08ampost #15604 of 307206/26/12 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Tyler2106
I'm looking for an all leather burgundy wingtip oxford lace up shoes. I have a pair of Florsheim that I find comfortable and I'd like to stay in the $180-275 range. Where should I look for a shoe like that? I want something with more design and not a plain shoes. Thanks
Find used or seconds of AE, or Alden.post #15605 of 307206/26/12 at 11:14ampost #15606 of 307206/26/12 at 11:14ampost #15607 of 307206/26/12 at 11:15ampost #15608 of 307206/26/12 at 11:30am
Thanks guys! When I have time I will hit up the classified for a nice used pair.
Any suggestions of a plain navy blue suit in the $300-400 range? I want a lighter blue and not dark. I found a Ralph Lauren suit for $350. RL any good?post #15609 of 307206/26/12 at 11:32amQuote:
For $300-$400 you can't be too picky. Just make sure it fits well.post #15610 of 307206/26/12 at 11:37am
I have always had sensitive eyes, but recently they have become so sensitive that around snow, sand, water etc. I get a slight headache. Despite my sensitive eyes, I have NEVER owned a pair of sunglasses, apart from a pair of novelty sunglasses from when I was like 5 years old. I tried determining my face/head shape, but couldn't figure it out from the measurements that I got.
So here is my face shot.
I was thinking that a pair of Aviator style sunglasses might suit me. Thin frames, not shiny - probably a tortoise colour would go with my hair/skin - not sure. If I'm wrong, don't be afraid to tell me.
I like these http://www.victoryoc.com/frame_pages/Plaza1835_Gld.aspx no idea where to buy them from (I'm in eastern europe). Not sure about what looks to be the green tint.
Also, how to determine if the frames are too big/small for my face or don't sit right or whatever. And lastly, what do I choose the lens color by (other than its optical properties).
(I also started a thread on this when I should have just posted here, sry.)post #15611 of 307206/26/12 at 11:40amQuote:
To expand on what pB stated that's the average price I paid for all of my Polo Ralph Lauren suits brand new which retail for $1,600-$4,000. So yes, if it's made in Italy, that's quite a good deal.
I got them both here and via eBay.post #15612 of 307206/26/12 at 12:09pmpost #15613 of 307206/26/12 at 12:46pmThank you for your quick response. I already own several pairs of allen edmonds shoes in more conservative colors As well as black leather oxfords From johnston and murphy. So I believe I have the staples down I was just looking for something a little different to spice up my daily wearers. I appreciate the input and will keep that in mind.post #15614 of 307206/26/12 at 1:22pmWhat color shoes do people have for universal use? I have one nice black pair and a more casual black shoe. I work 5 days a week and am needing more nice shoes. Is burgundy the next best color or is another black fine?
I have black, grey and blue pin stripe suits and am getting a blue suit soon. I want the pair to match those before I get into earth tones.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan