or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1036

post #15526 of 33197
Have any of you used your wives scarfs as pocket squares?

I ask because my mother has a few hermes scarves that I like the design of and wouldn't mind using, she has a couple doubles that Im sure she would let me keep but im not sure if it would look weird.
post #15527 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

Have any of you used your wives scarfs as pocket squares?
I ask because my mother has a few hermes scarves that I like the design of and wouldn't mind using, she has a couple doubles that Im sure she would let me keep but im not sure if it would look weird.

design wise it would not be a problem (unless we are talking uber feminine colors/designs). Your issue might be size, you can have someone like Kent Wang make you pocket squares out of it. You would probably get 4 or more squares or so out of a scarf an you can sell the 3 for a tidy profit.
post #15528 of 33197
Is this a good deal? Nice jacket? Should I buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120867998015
post #15529 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie lee View Post

Is this a good deal? Nice jacket? Should I buy?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120867998015

good deal? Yes. Nice jacket? (for my tastes) No. Should you buy? you decide. Its not dated and for $189 it is hard to complain about it.
post #15530 of 33197
Frankie Lee - Yes, I like that. If it were in my size, country and price range (bearing in mind I spent most of the last two weeks wages last night) I would buy it.

What can I wear a black tie to/with other than with a black suit at a funeral?
post #15531 of 33197
Hey guys,

What's a decent lint roller that you guys use (preferably one that can be purchased off of Amazon)? I don't need a fancy one -- just one that will get the job done. Will this Scotch one work?

I've actually never used a lint roller before. It won't ruin a wool suit, right? smile.gif
post #15532 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey Appleby View Post

Frankie Lee - Yes, I like that. If it were in my size, country and price range (bearing in mind I spent most of the last two weeks wages last night) I would buy it.
What can I wear a black tie to/with other than with a black suit at a funeral?

navy suit/white shirt/black tie is a classic combo. you can do the same with a grey suit. you can change the shirt to blue etc etc. I am assuming you don't mean a black stain tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post

Hey guys,
What's a decent lint roller that you guys use (preferably one that can be purchased off of Amazon)? I don't need a fancy one -- just one that will get the job done. Will this Scotch one work?
I've actually never used a lint roller before. It won't ruin a wool suit, right? smile.gif

not being snarky, but if you have a suit that needs a lint roller, the lint roller is not the issue.
post #15533 of 33197
I'm actually wearing two Brooks Brothers suits in the Fitzgerald cut. They're certainly not the nicest suits, but I think they're passable for a college student. They're not Men's Warehouse suits or anything, if that's what you're wondering. smile.gif

The reason why I'm looking for one is because I tried to wipe some dirt off my suit pants with this microfiber cloth, and it ended up leaving a bunch of fibers clinging to my suit. I thought lint rollers were pretty common to use, but I guess not. Maybe I'll just pick them off by hand.
post #15534 of 33197

I just started working out of college and I'm trying to build a business casual wardrobe without paying too much.  I've bought some Charles Tyrwhitt shirts and think they look and fit nice.  Now, I want to start upgrading my pants and shoes.  Any suggestions keeping in my mind my budget is limited?  

post #15535 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

navy suit/white shirt/black tie is a classic combo. you can do the same with a grey suit. you can change the shirt to blue etc etc. I am assuming you don't mean a black stain tie.

I mean a silk tie like this (Googled it and it wants me to look for satin, typo?)
193

Think I'll save it for less fortunate occaisons.
post #15536 of 33197
post #15537 of 33197

Wanting to cop these:

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF9722_1_40000000001_-1

 

THey're $200 bucks at nordstrom are they worth it?

 

And if I wear 12E would these fit with 13D?

post #15538 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey Appleby View Post

I mean a silk tie like this (Googled it and it wants me to look for satin, typo?)
193
Think I'll save it for less fortunate occaisons.


looks like a silk twill, I'd wear it in the outfits I mentioned without any issues. Black ties don't get enough love.


I like neither but would go with the bonobos/sebago if I had to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemra View Post

Wanting to cop these:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF9722_1_40000000001_-1

THey're $200 bucks at nordstrom are they worth it?

And if I wear 12E would these fit with 13D?

Yes, the player is one of AE's nicest shoes, if not the nicest and $200 is a good price. Size wise, the rule is if you drop a width, go up half a size so these might be a bit too long for you.
post #15539 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post

I'm actually wearing two Brooks Brothers suits in the Fitzgerald cut. They're certainly not the nicest suits, but I think they're passable for a college student. They're not Men's Warehouse suits or anything, if that's what you're wondering. smile.gif
The reason why I'm looking for one is because I tried to wipe some dirt off my suit pants with this microfiber cloth, and it ended up leaving a bunch of fibers clinging to my suit. I thought lint rollers were pretty common to use, but I guess not. Maybe I'll just pick them off by hand.
It's Mens Wearhouse, not "Warehouse", there's nothing wrong with a lint roller, they're great for small fibers and dog hair, but you may want to check out a clothes brush as well.
post #15540 of 33197
Looking for suggestions for white spread collar "beater" dress shirts... something you'd wear if there's a good chance you're going to spill, snag, rip, etc. and don't want to cry if you have to throw the shirt in the trash.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)