I ask because my mother has a few hermes scarves that I like the design of and wouldn't mind using, she has a couple doubles that Im sure she would let me keep but im not sure if it would look weird.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 2:41 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1036post #15526 of 331976/23/12 at 2:02pmpost #15527 of 331976/23/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
design wise it would not be a problem (unless we are talking uber feminine colors/designs). Your issue might be size, you can have someone like Kent Wang make you pocket squares out of it. You would probably get 4 or more squares or so out of a scarf an you can sell the 3 for a tidy profit.post #15528 of 331976/23/12 at 2:48pmpost #15529 of 331976/23/12 at 2:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by frankie lee
Is this a good deal? Nice jacket? Should I buy?
good deal? Yes. Nice jacket? (for my tastes) No. Should you buy? you decide. Its not dated and for $189 it is hard to complain about it.post #15530 of 331976/23/12 at 3:50pmpost #15531 of 331976/23/12 at 3:59pmpost #15532 of 331976/23/12 at 4:06pmQuote:
navy suit/white shirt/black tie is a classic combo. you can do the same with a grey suit. you can change the shirt to blue etc etc. I am assuming you don't mean a black stain tie.Quote:Originally Posted by jslade
What's a decent lint roller that you guys use (preferably one that can be purchased off of Amazon)? I don't need a fancy one -- just one that will get the job done. Will this Scotch one work?
I've actually never used a lint roller before. It won't ruin a wool suit, right?
not being snarky, but if you have a suit that needs a lint roller, the lint roller is not the issue.post #15533 of 331976/23/12 at 4:09pmI'm actually wearing two Brooks Brothers suits in the Fitzgerald cut. They're certainly not the nicest suits, but I think they're passable for a college student. They're not Men's Warehouse suits or anything, if that's what you're wondering.
The reason why I'm looking for one is because I tried to wipe some dirt off my suit pants with this microfiber cloth, and it ended up leaving a bunch of fibers clinging to my suit. I thought lint rollers were pretty common to use, but I guess not. Maybe I'll just pick them off by hand.post #15534 of 331976/23/12 at 4:46pm
I just started working out of college and I'm trying to build a business casual wardrobe without paying too much. I've bought some Charles Tyrwhitt shirts and think they look and fit nice. Now, I want to start upgrading my pants and shoes. Any suggestions keeping in my mind my budget is limited?post #15535 of 331976/23/12 at 5:05pmQuote:
I mean a silk tie like this (Googled it and it wants me to look for satin, typo?)
Think I'll save it for less fortunate occaisons.post #15536 of 331976/23/12 at 6:23pmLooking for a casual pair of drivers...which of these two should I get?
http://www.bonobos.com/vico-driver-tanpost #15537 of 331976/23/12 at 7:16pmpost #15538 of 331976/23/12 at 8:13pmQuote:
looks like a silk twill, I'd wear it in the outfits I mentioned without any issues. Black ties don't get enough love.Quote:Originally Posted by ShaOwned
Looking for a casual pair of drivers...which of these two should I get?
I like neither but would go with the bonobos/sebago if I had to.Quote:Originally Posted by kemra
Wanting to cop these:
THey're $200 bucks at nordstrom are they worth it?
And if I wear 12E would these fit with 13D?
Yes, the player is one of AE's nicest shoes, if not the nicest and $200 is a good price. Size wise, the rule is if you drop a width, go up half a size so these might be a bit too long for you.post #15539 of 331976/23/12 at 8:19pmQuote:It's Mens Wearhouse, not "Warehouse", there's nothing wrong with a lint roller, they're great for small fibers and dog hair, but you may want to check out a clothes brush as well.Originally Posted by jslade
I'm actually wearing two Brooks Brothers suits in the Fitzgerald cut. They're certainly not the nicest suits, but I think they're passable for a college student. They're not Men's Warehouse suits or anything, if that's what you're wondering.
The reason why I'm looking for one is because I tried to wipe some dirt off my suit pants with this microfiber cloth, and it ended up leaving a bunch of fibers clinging to my suit. I thought lint rollers were pretty common to use, but I guess not. Maybe I'll just pick them off by hand.post #15540 of 331976/23/12 at 10:04pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 38 seconds ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 2 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 6 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford Leather Racer Jacket Sz 40R 15 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway