You should just email them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1019post #15271 of 317326/7/12 at 7:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15272 of 317326/7/12 at 8:56ampost #15273 of 317326/7/12 at 9:10amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by cptjeff
Yes, it's a black suit, which means skip the navy. Navy and black don't really play well together.
I would go with charcoal on that one. I wouldn't do black during the day, just too harsh a contrast with the black suit as well. A black knit or grenadine would be great for evening or night though.
Negative, it actually isn't black. In the picture it does look very black but its actually a shade of blue. I've attached a photo compared to grey pants. Must be the lighting.post #15274 of 317326/7/12 at 10:05ampost #15275 of 317326/7/12 at 10:50amQuote:
The best way is just to go to a store and get measured, but based on the CP 41, you are probably around a 8.5-9D.post #15276 of 317326/7/12 at 11:18amQuote:
In that lighting it looks very black.
But navy? Go with navy or charcoal. Textured black would still be great at night.post #15277 of 317326/7/12 at 1:22pmpost #15278 of 317326/7/12 at 6:32pm
Just picked up a pure white shirt from the cleaners. I noticed a tiny horizontal dark line on the front view of the collar (where everyone could see it). It almost looks like a water stain in a certain light. Tried water to get it out, but it is odd- Like it's not a surface stain. Perhaps some kind of dry cleaning damage?
Any suggestions on how to cover it up. I want to wear the shirt tomorrow.
Thanks!post #15279 of 317326/7/12 at 7:48pmQuote:Quote:
and CottonWork perhaps?post #15280 of 317326/7/12 at 9:39pmI had my tailor dart all of my OCBD shirts but he left the back middle pleat (I believe that is the proper term) as is. I want the back middle pleat undone, should that be hard for him? It is really bothering me and it takes about 15 shirts out of my rotation. These are shirts I wear to class, so they are typically untucked; how long should the shirts be?
I am also looking for a trousers to wear in the summer, any recommendations? 300 USD limit.post #15281 of 317326/8/12 at 3:18am
For Father's Day, I've decided to buy my father a pair of MTM driving gloves while in Paris as he's always looked at them, but never pulled the trigger. He drives a few vintage cars, his favorite being his '67 DB6 Volante. I know of a few of the boutiques from scouring the forums here and some friends (Maison Fabre, Helion, Muriel, Lavabre-Cadet, Causse Gantier), but is there any consensus among members here of which is the best (I know that's a horrible word)? Nothing but the best for Pops! :p
Edited by LuckyLucius - 6/8/12 at 7:21ampost #15282 of 317326/8/12 at 5:57amQuote:Originally Posted by LuckyLucius
For Father's Day, I've decided to buy my father a pair of MTM driving gloves while in Paris as he's always looked at them, but never pulled the trigger. He drives a few vintage cars, his favorite being his '67 DB6 Volante. I know of a few of the boutiques from scouring the forums here and some friends (Maison Fabre, Helion, Muriel, Lavabre-Cadet, Causse Gantier), but is there any consensus among members here of which is the best (I know that's a horrible word)? Nothing but the best for Pops!
Good present..post #15283 of 317326/8/12 at 9:34am
Hi all, just found this forum, very cool (though a tad bit overwhelming for now...I'm sure I'll get used to it :) ).
I've been digging around the internet looking for an inexpensive casual sport coat. The one I've found that I like the most is this one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Kroon-Sting-Sport-Chocolate-40-Regular/dp/B006JVY7VM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339171205&sr=8-1
Absolutely love the look, that its casual, and looks to be pretty light weight (looking to wear it pretty similarly to how the model is in the picture). Only problem is I don't have that kind of a budget right now. I snagged a black sport coat at H&M that I enjoy for $79, that I like (sure, H&M isn't the best quality, but like I said I'm looking for something pretty casual, that I can wear just out to a relaxing dinner, nothing fancy at all)...so now I'm looking for a brown one.
For reference: I'm 27 years old, 5'10-5'11, 160lbs, average build. Jacket size seems to be right around a 38R (the H&M I bought a 38R and decided to move up to a 40R as it wasn't much of a jump and I'm working on bulking up just a bit)...though the 40R suit that I received as a gift was HUGE on me...so I'd say 38R.
Any ideas, gurus?
post #15284 of 317326/8/12 at 9:53am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Australian Members 1 second ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 19 minutes ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 29 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories