You should just email them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 12:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 1:40 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1019post #15271 of 310706/7/12 at 7:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15272 of 310706/7/12 at 8:56ampost #15273 of 310706/7/12 at 9:10amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by cptjeff
Yes, it's a black suit, which means skip the navy. Navy and black don't really play well together.
I would go with charcoal on that one. I wouldn't do black during the day, just too harsh a contrast with the black suit as well. A black knit or grenadine would be great for evening or night though.
Negative, it actually isn't black. In the picture it does look very black but its actually a shade of blue. I've attached a photo compared to grey pants. Must be the lighting.post #15274 of 310706/7/12 at 10:05ampost #15275 of 310706/7/12 at 10:50amQuote:
The best way is just to go to a store and get measured, but based on the CP 41, you are probably around a 8.5-9D.post #15276 of 310706/7/12 at 11:18amQuote:
In that lighting it looks very black.
But navy? Go with navy or charcoal. Textured black would still be great at night.post #15277 of 310706/7/12 at 1:22pmpost #15278 of 310706/7/12 at 6:32pm
Just picked up a pure white shirt from the cleaners. I noticed a tiny horizontal dark line on the front view of the collar (where everyone could see it). It almost looks like a water stain in a certain light. Tried water to get it out, but it is odd- Like it's not a surface stain. Perhaps some kind of dry cleaning damage?
Any suggestions on how to cover it up. I want to wear the shirt tomorrow.
Thanks!post #15279 of 310706/7/12 at 7:48pmQuote:Quote:
and CottonWork perhaps?post #15280 of 310706/7/12 at 9:39pmI had my tailor dart all of my OCBD shirts but he left the back middle pleat (I believe that is the proper term) as is. I want the back middle pleat undone, should that be hard for him? It is really bothering me and it takes about 15 shirts out of my rotation. These are shirts I wear to class, so they are typically untucked; how long should the shirts be?
I am also looking for a trousers to wear in the summer, any recommendations? 300 USD limit.post #15281 of 310706/8/12 at 3:18am
For Father's Day, I've decided to buy my father a pair of MTM driving gloves while in Paris as he's always looked at them, but never pulled the trigger. He drives a few vintage cars, his favorite being his '67 DB6 Volante. I know of a few of the boutiques from scouring the forums here and some friends (Maison Fabre, Helion, Muriel, Lavabre-Cadet, Causse Gantier), but is there any consensus among members here of which is the best (I know that's a horrible word)? Nothing but the best for Pops! :p
Edited by LuckyLucius - 6/8/12 at 7:21ampost #15282 of 310706/8/12 at 5:57amQuote:Originally Posted by LuckyLucius
For Father's Day, I've decided to buy my father a pair of MTM driving gloves while in Paris as he's always looked at them, but never pulled the trigger. He drives a few vintage cars, his favorite being his '67 DB6 Volante. I know of a few of the boutiques from scouring the forums here and some friends (Maison Fabre, Helion, Muriel, Lavabre-Cadet, Causse Gantier), but is there any consensus among members here of which is the best (I know that's a horrible word)? Nothing but the best for Pops!
Good present..post #15283 of 310706/8/12 at 9:34am
Hi all, just found this forum, very cool (though a tad bit overwhelming for now...I'm sure I'll get used to it :) ).
I've been digging around the internet looking for an inexpensive casual sport coat. The one I've found that I like the most is this one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Kroon-Sting-Sport-Chocolate-40-Regular/dp/B006JVY7VM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339171205&sr=8-1
Absolutely love the look, that its casual, and looks to be pretty light weight (looking to wear it pretty similarly to how the model is in the picture). Only problem is I don't have that kind of a budget right now. I snagged a black sport coat at H&M that I enjoy for $79, that I like (sure, H&M isn't the best quality, but like I said I'm looking for something pretty casual, that I can wear just out to a relaxing dinner, nothing fancy at all)...so now I'm looking for a brown one.
For reference: I'm 27 years old, 5'10-5'11, 160lbs, average build. Jacket size seems to be right around a 38R (the H&M I bought a 38R and decided to move up to a 40R as it wasn't much of a jump and I'm working on bulking up just a bit)...though the 40R suit that I received as a gift was HUGE on me...so I'd say 38R.
Any ideas, gurus?
post #15284 of 310706/8/12 at 9:53am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 51 seconds ago
- › Giovanni Gagliano 1935 - 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...