You should just email them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 3:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:47 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1019post #15271 of 307366/7/12 at 7:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15272 of 307366/7/12 at 8:56ampost #15273 of 307366/7/12 at 9:10amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by cptjeff
Yes, it's a black suit, which means skip the navy. Navy and black don't really play well together.
I would go with charcoal on that one. I wouldn't do black during the day, just too harsh a contrast with the black suit as well. A black knit or grenadine would be great for evening or night though.
Negative, it actually isn't black. In the picture it does look very black but its actually a shade of blue. I've attached a photo compared to grey pants. Must be the lighting.post #15274 of 307366/7/12 at 10:05ampost #15275 of 307366/7/12 at 10:50amQuote:
The best way is just to go to a store and get measured, but based on the CP 41, you are probably around a 8.5-9D.post #15276 of 307366/7/12 at 11:18amQuote:
In that lighting it looks very black.
But navy? Go with navy or charcoal. Textured black would still be great at night.post #15277 of 307366/7/12 at 1:22pmpost #15278 of 307366/7/12 at 6:32pm
Just picked up a pure white shirt from the cleaners. I noticed a tiny horizontal dark line on the front view of the collar (where everyone could see it). It almost looks like a water stain in a certain light. Tried water to get it out, but it is odd- Like it's not a surface stain. Perhaps some kind of dry cleaning damage?
Any suggestions on how to cover it up. I want to wear the shirt tomorrow.
Thanks!post #15279 of 307366/7/12 at 7:48pmQuote:Quote:
and CottonWork perhaps?post #15280 of 307366/7/12 at 9:39pmI had my tailor dart all of my OCBD shirts but he left the back middle pleat (I believe that is the proper term) as is. I want the back middle pleat undone, should that be hard for him? It is really bothering me and it takes about 15 shirts out of my rotation. These are shirts I wear to class, so they are typically untucked; how long should the shirts be?
I am also looking for a trousers to wear in the summer, any recommendations? 300 USD limit.post #15281 of 307366/8/12 at 3:18am
For Father's Day, I've decided to buy my father a pair of MTM driving gloves while in Paris as he's always looked at them, but never pulled the trigger. He drives a few vintage cars, his favorite being his '67 DB6 Volante. I know of a few of the boutiques from scouring the forums here and some friends (Maison Fabre, Helion, Muriel, Lavabre-Cadet, Causse Gantier), but is there any consensus among members here of which is the best (I know that's a horrible word)? Nothing but the best for Pops! :p
Edited by LuckyLucius - 6/8/12 at 7:21ampost #15282 of 307366/8/12 at 5:57amQuote:Originally Posted by LuckyLucius
For Father's Day, I've decided to buy my father a pair of MTM driving gloves while in Paris as he's always looked at them, but never pulled the trigger. He drives a few vintage cars, his favorite being his '67 DB6 Volante. I know of a few of the boutiques from scouring the forums here and some friends (Maison Fabre, Helion, Muriel, Lavabre-Cadet, Causse Gantier), but is there any consensus among members here of which is the best (I know that's a horrible word)? Nothing but the best for Pops!
Good present..post #15283 of 307366/8/12 at 9:34am
Hi all, just found this forum, very cool (though a tad bit overwhelming for now...I'm sure I'll get used to it :) ).
I've been digging around the internet looking for an inexpensive casual sport coat. The one I've found that I like the most is this one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Kroon-Sting-Sport-Chocolate-40-Regular/dp/B006JVY7VM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339171205&sr=8-1
Absolutely love the look, that its casual, and looks to be pretty light weight (looking to wear it pretty similarly to how the model is in the picture). Only problem is I don't have that kind of a budget right now. I snagged a black sport coat at H&M that I enjoy for $79, that I like (sure, H&M isn't the best quality, but like I said I'm looking for something pretty casual, that I can wear just out to a relaxing dinner, nothing fancy at all)...so now I'm looking for a brown one.
For reference: I'm 27 years old, 5'10-5'11, 160lbs, average build. Jacket size seems to be right around a 38R (the H&M I bought a 38R and decided to move up to a 40R as it wasn't much of a jump and I'm working on bulking up just a bit)...though the 40R suit that I received as a gift was HUGE on me...so I'd say 38R.
Any ideas, gurus?
post #15284 of 307366/8/12 at 9:53am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply fits great, reason to go full canvas? 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 11 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Men rings - How to choose? What do you wear? 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan