You should just email them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 8:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1019post #15271 of 301706/7/12 at 7:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15272 of 301706/7/12 at 8:56ampost #15273 of 301706/7/12 at 9:10amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by cptjeff
Yes, it's a black suit, which means skip the navy. Navy and black don't really play well together.
I would go with charcoal on that one. I wouldn't do black during the day, just too harsh a contrast with the black suit as well. A black knit or grenadine would be great for evening or night though.
Negative, it actually isn't black. In the picture it does look very black but its actually a shade of blue. I've attached a photo compared to grey pants. Must be the lighting.post #15274 of 301706/7/12 at 10:05ampost #15275 of 301706/7/12 at 10:50amQuote:
The best way is just to go to a store and get measured, but based on the CP 41, you are probably around a 8.5-9D.post #15276 of 301706/7/12 at 11:18amQuote:
In that lighting it looks very black.
But navy? Go with navy or charcoal. Textured black would still be great at night.post #15277 of 301706/7/12 at 1:22pmpost #15278 of 301706/7/12 at 6:32pm
Just picked up a pure white shirt from the cleaners. I noticed a tiny horizontal dark line on the front view of the collar (where everyone could see it). It almost looks like a water stain in a certain light. Tried water to get it out, but it is odd- Like it's not a surface stain. Perhaps some kind of dry cleaning damage?
Any suggestions on how to cover it up. I want to wear the shirt tomorrow.
Thanks!post #15279 of 301706/7/12 at 7:48pmQuote:Quote:
and CottonWork perhaps?post #15280 of 301706/7/12 at 9:39pmI had my tailor dart all of my OCBD shirts but he left the back middle pleat (I believe that is the proper term) as is. I want the back middle pleat undone, should that be hard for him? It is really bothering me and it takes about 15 shirts out of my rotation. These are shirts I wear to class, so they are typically untucked; how long should the shirts be?
I am also looking for a trousers to wear in the summer, any recommendations? 300 USD limit.post #15281 of 301706/8/12 at 3:18am
For Father's Day, I've decided to buy my father a pair of MTM driving gloves while in Paris as he's always looked at them, but never pulled the trigger. He drives a few vintage cars, his favorite being his '67 DB6 Volante. I know of a few of the boutiques from scouring the forums here and some friends (Maison Fabre, Helion, Muriel, Lavabre-Cadet, Causse Gantier), but is there any consensus among members here of which is the best (I know that's a horrible word)? Nothing but the best for Pops! :p
Edited by LuckyLucius - 6/8/12 at 7:21ampost #15282 of 301706/8/12 at 5:57amQuote:Originally Posted by LuckyLucius
For Father's Day, I've decided to buy my father a pair of MTM driving gloves while in Paris as he's always looked at them, but never pulled the trigger. He drives a few vintage cars, his favorite being his '67 DB6 Volante. I know of a few of the boutiques from scouring the forums here and some friends (Maison Fabre, Helion, Muriel, Lavabre-Cadet, Causse Gantier), but is there any consensus among members here of which is the best (I know that's a horrible word)? Nothing but the best for Pops!
Good present..post #15283 of 301706/8/12 at 9:34am
Hi all, just found this forum, very cool (though a tad bit overwhelming for now...I'm sure I'll get used to it :) ).
I've been digging around the internet looking for an inexpensive casual sport coat. The one I've found that I like the most is this one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Kroon-Sting-Sport-Chocolate-40-Regular/dp/B006JVY7VM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339171205&sr=8-1
Absolutely love the look, that its casual, and looks to be pretty light weight (looking to wear it pretty similarly to how the model is in the picture). Only problem is I don't have that kind of a budget right now. I snagged a black sport coat at H&M that I enjoy for $79, that I like (sure, H&M isn't the best quality, but like I said I'm looking for something pretty casual, that I can wear just out to a relaxing dinner, nothing fancy at all)...so now I'm looking for a brown one.
For reference: I'm 27 years old, 5'10-5'11, 160lbs, average build. Jacket size seems to be right around a 38R (the H&M I bought a 38R and decided to move up to a 40R as it wasn't much of a jump and I'm working on bulking up just a bit)...though the 40R suit that I received as a gift was HUGE on me...so I'd say 38R.
Any ideas, gurus?
post #15284 of 301706/8/12 at 9:53am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 16 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 43 seconds ago
- › FS: Alden x Leffot #8 Shell Cordovan LWB with Antique Edge, Size 8D 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Wool trouser without front crease? 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...