For something like that you might want to ask in the streetwear and denim forum. It might be slightly out of range for here in terms of price and style.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:21 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 9:31 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:35 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1004post #15046 of 303575/24/12 at 1:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15047 of 303575/24/12 at 1:52pmpost #15048 of 303575/24/12 at 2:00pmpost #15049 of 303575/24/12 at 2:06pmpost #15050 of 303575/24/12 at 3:22pm
I've been looking at shirt brands such as Isaia, Borelli, and Thomas Pink. While Pink does offer a slim option, I fear that might still be a bit big and will undoubtedly require alterations. Would I be better off going MTM on the shirts or does the quality of said brands far exceed that of MTM? Thank you.post #15051 of 303575/24/12 at 3:27pm
From the pictures it looks like the fit is not that great. The waist needs suppression and the shoulders are large. Also the sleeve length is too long. Given all that it needs to fit properly, I would not keep it. Plus, that style is more for a shirt IMO and very hard to pull off on a blazer.post #15052 of 303575/24/12 at 3:42pmpost #15053 of 303575/24/12 at 4:51pmpost #15054 of 303575/24/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
My answer depends on how long before you are eligible for parole and whether you need that oversized jacket to smuggle contraband into your prison.post #15055 of 303575/24/12 at 5:44pmpost #15056 of 303575/24/12 at 5:48pmpost #15057 of 303575/24/12 at 5:59pmQuote:
I keep seeing Allen Edmonds Players' shoe in walnut at Nordstrom Rack for $199. You can probably find some on EBay as well from others who recently picked them up at a hefty discount.post #15058 of 303575/24/12 at 6:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by FondDeJante
I'm undecided about this stripe blazer... can I make it work, or should I return it and get something easier to wear? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks pretty bad. It's a tough pattern to use in the first place, but the pockets are the killers for me. Weird/bad pattern matching, flapped pockets (even the chest)...the whole thing looks like an epilepsy hazard.post #15059 of 303575/24/12 at 7:32pmpost #15060 of 303575/24/12 at 8:04pmI purchased a raincoat (single breasted, no belted trench coat?) that unfortunately is a bit too large for me (my old size, but I've been working out and dieting and it's too big and only going to get bigger on me).
Is it possible to have a tailor slim sleeves and take in the waist/back to have this thing fit me more like a loose fitting classic raincoat and less like a poncho?
I'm not all too familiar with alterations to ready-to-wear clothing.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Suit Alerations 9 minutes ago
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers CHALLENGE Thread 13/Mar/15 - 30/Mar/15 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 12 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 13 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...