For something like that you might want to ask in the streetwear and denim forum. It might be slightly out of range for here in terms of price and style.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 4:16 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 3:22 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1004post #15046 of 309515/24/12 at 1:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15047 of 309515/24/12 at 1:52pmpost #15048 of 309515/24/12 at 2:00pmpost #15049 of 309515/24/12 at 2:06pmpost #15050 of 309515/24/12 at 3:22pm
I've been looking at shirt brands such as Isaia, Borelli, and Thomas Pink. While Pink does offer a slim option, I fear that might still be a bit big and will undoubtedly require alterations. Would I be better off going MTM on the shirts or does the quality of said brands far exceed that of MTM? Thank you.post #15051 of 309515/24/12 at 3:27pm
From the pictures it looks like the fit is not that great. The waist needs suppression and the shoulders are large. Also the sleeve length is too long. Given all that it needs to fit properly, I would not keep it. Plus, that style is more for a shirt IMO and very hard to pull off on a blazer.post #15052 of 309515/24/12 at 3:42pmpost #15053 of 309515/24/12 at 4:51pmpost #15054 of 309515/24/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
My answer depends on how long before you are eligible for parole and whether you need that oversized jacket to smuggle contraband into your prison.post #15055 of 309515/24/12 at 5:44pmpost #15056 of 309515/24/12 at 5:48pmpost #15057 of 309515/24/12 at 5:59pmQuote:
I keep seeing Allen Edmonds Players' shoe in walnut at Nordstrom Rack for $199. You can probably find some on EBay as well from others who recently picked them up at a hefty discount.post #15058 of 309515/24/12 at 6:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by FondDeJante
I'm undecided about this stripe blazer... can I make it work, or should I return it and get something easier to wear? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks pretty bad. It's a tough pattern to use in the first place, but the pockets are the killers for me. Weird/bad pattern matching, flapped pockets (even the chest)...the whole thing looks like an epilepsy hazard.post #15059 of 309515/24/12 at 7:32pmpost #15060 of 309515/24/12 at 8:04pmI purchased a raincoat (single breasted, no belted trench coat?) that unfortunately is a bit too large for me (my old size, but I've been working out and dieting and it's too big and only going to get bigger on me).
Is it possible to have a tailor slim sleeves and take in the waist/back to have this thing fit me more like a loose fitting classic raincoat and less like a poncho?
I'm not all too familiar with alterations to ready-to-wear clothing.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › New and unworn - Alden for Brooks Cordovan LHS - Any size! 10 minutes ago
- › Cable and Co brown suede loafers with bit, made in Italy, 9D 12 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Clarks Wallabees US 8 14 minutes ago
- › Bar III dark blue slim fit wool suit. 38R/29W. jacket is NWT, pants... 15 minutes ago
- › Florsheim Imperial shell longwings | 9.5 D 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...