It is so casual and cheap that the people that post over there could give you better advice.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1004post #15046 of 321905/24/12 at 2:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15047 of 321905/24/12 at 2:06pmpost #15048 of 321905/24/12 at 3:22pm
I've been looking at shirt brands such as Isaia, Borelli, and Thomas Pink. While Pink does offer a slim option, I fear that might still be a bit big and will undoubtedly require alterations. Would I be better off going MTM on the shirts or does the quality of said brands far exceed that of MTM? Thank you.post #15049 of 321905/24/12 at 3:27pm
From the pictures it looks like the fit is not that great. The waist needs suppression and the shoulders are large. Also the sleeve length is too long. Given all that it needs to fit properly, I would not keep it. Plus, that style is more for a shirt IMO and very hard to pull off on a blazer.post #15050 of 321905/24/12 at 3:42pmpost #15051 of 321905/24/12 at 4:51pmpost #15052 of 321905/24/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
My answer depends on how long before you are eligible for parole and whether you need that oversized jacket to smuggle contraband into your prison.post #15053 of 321905/24/12 at 5:44pmpost #15054 of 321905/24/12 at 5:48pmpost #15055 of 321905/24/12 at 5:59pmQuote:
I keep seeing Allen Edmonds Players' shoe in walnut at Nordstrom Rack for $199. You can probably find some on EBay as well from others who recently picked them up at a hefty discount.post #15056 of 321905/24/12 at 6:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by FondDeJante
I'm undecided about this stripe blazer... can I make it work, or should I return it and get something easier to wear? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks pretty bad. It's a tough pattern to use in the first place, but the pockets are the killers for me. Weird/bad pattern matching, flapped pockets (even the chest)...the whole thing looks like an epilepsy hazard.post #15057 of 321905/24/12 at 7:32pmpost #15058 of 321905/24/12 at 8:04pmI purchased a raincoat (single breasted, no belted trench coat?) that unfortunately is a bit too large for me (my old size, but I've been working out and dieting and it's too big and only going to get bigger on me).
Is it possible to have a tailor slim sleeves and take in the waist/back to have this thing fit me more like a loose fitting classic raincoat and less like a poncho?
I'm not all too familiar with alterations to ready-to-wear clothing.post #15059 of 321905/24/12 at 10:45pmQuote:
Good call, Gibonius. I missed the wonky pockets in the general misfitting and other associated tragedies of this jacket.
OP, do not go there.post #15060 of 321905/25/12 at 1:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by GrensonMan
I've been looking at shirt brands such as Isaia, Borelli, and Thomas Pink. While Pink does offer a slim option, I fear that might still be a bit big and will undoubtedly require alterations. Would I be better off going MTM on the shirts or does the quality of said brands far exceed that of MTM? Thank you.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › APC New Standard size 30 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › BNWT Story et Fall Grey Suede Side Zips, 43 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?