Yeah I was thinking likewise, but then I'd have 2 pair of brown shoes and no other color. Isn't that somewhat of a waste? I really like brown shoes but does it fit to many outfits?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1003
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15032 of 321835/24/12 at 1:15pmpost #15033 of 321835/24/12 at 1:18pmpost #15034 of 321835/24/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
If you are dressing casually I see no reason to wear black shoes. Especially loafers.post #15035 of 321835/24/12 at 1:22pm
Spot on. My budget is far away from the loafer up there (checked the price up). My budget would range up to 90 euros max, but I'd love to find a cheap nice pair since I'm 18 and studying, no income really.Quote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
If you are dressing casually I see no reason to wear black shoes. Especially loafers.
Okey, so no loafers, why? And why not black? Seen some people pull it off nicely, but when I think about it maybe they might have not dressed casually.
Sorry for the questions but I'm relatively new to this fashion thing.post #15036 of 321835/24/12 at 1:23pmpost #15037 of 321835/24/12 at 1:24pm
Check out what a tailor would take for "shortening" the shoulder-width by like an inch or so, and If you think it's worth it then take this one.
Not much else I think needs to be altered
EDIT: but I agree with what someone else said, that the shoulders on both jackets look a bit oddpost #15038 of 321835/24/12 at 1:32pmpost #15039 of 321835/24/12 at 1:33pmpost #15040 of 321835/24/12 at 1:35pmQuote:
Black is fine for dress shoes. Loafers are casual shoes. So a black loafer would have an identity crisis.post #15041 of 321835/24/12 at 1:41pmQuote:
Okey, yeah I've seen alot of brown shoes. Personally I really like the colour, and it seems to blend in to many situations. Cheers!Quote:
Okey, thanks :) Although I don't see alot of difference between the driving loafer and the shoe im wearing currently, except it has shoelaces.Quote:
Aha, I gotcha :)post #15042 of 321835/24/12 at 1:46pmpost #15043 of 321835/24/12 at 1:48pmpost #15044 of 321835/24/12 at 1:49pmQuote:
For something like that you might want to ask in the streetwear and denim forum. It might be slightly out of range for here in terms of price and style.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 4 minutes ago
- › Ordering custom Vibergs 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 18 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 22 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 25 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Chelsea boots 11.5 H BNIB black calf perfect 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...