Dark brown punch captoe. What is your budget?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 5:44 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1002post #15016 of 331975/24/12 at 10:50ampost #15017 of 331975/24/12 at 10:53ampost #15018 of 331975/24/12 at 10:54ampost #15019 of 331975/24/12 at 10:58ampost #15020 of 331975/24/12 at 11:01amQuote:
I'd probably go with the Strand in Dark Brown, to stick with the previous recommendations. While a wingtip boot is certainly a nice shoe, it won't really serve as an "anchor" in your shoe wardrobe.post #15021 of 331975/24/12 at 11:01amQuote:
They are going to stand out much more. I am not sure what you are dressing for though. I hope that you have other shoes in rotation. You really shouldn't be looking to wear literally one pair of shoes every day. It is horrible for shoes.post #15022 of 331975/24/12 at 11:04ampost #15023 of 331975/24/12 at 11:18amQuote:I'm a noob here at SF but not completely numb.My father taught me about how to care for shoes/clothing etc and I've always done pretty well style-wise just not to the exacting standards I've seen since joing this august company.I've got cordovan loafers and wingtips, and some black Cole-Haan semi-square toed shoes that I hardly wear now that I've seen the vitriol poured upon them here and some Justin Roper and Lucchese cowboy boots, both black.I like the Strand and the 5th ave, will probably go with the 5th ave as its more conservative.Thank you both!!post #15024 of 331975/24/12 at 11:27ampost #15025 of 331975/24/12 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Layered PlayerI'm a noob here at SF but not completely numb.My father taught me about how to care for shoes/clothing etc and I've always done pretty well style-wise just not to the exacting standards I've seen since joing this august company.I've got cordovan loafers and wingtips, and some black Cole-Haan semi-square toed shoes that I hardly wear now that I've seen the vitriol poured upon them here and some Justin Roper and Lucchese cowboy boots, both black.I like the Strand and the 5th ave, will probably go with the 5th ave as its more conservative.Thank you both!!
Definitely the 5th Ave. to add to the current collection. you seem to have the casual end covered for now.post #15026 of 331975/24/12 at 11:44amQuote:
I've also found a man here in Portland who does Coppley MTM so that's my next big purchase.
I'll be sure to post fit pics so I get what's coming to me!post #15027 of 331975/24/12 at 12:17pmpost #15028 of 331975/24/12 at 12:50pm
I'd lean towards the 38. The shoulders on the 40 are quite large.
However, I simply don't like the look of the shoulders on this coat. The seam is at an odd location, and that throws everything off. It may be helpful to have you actually tuck the shirt in - with the untucked shirt it looks like the buttoning point is a bit high. Tucking in the shirt can give a better reference point (actually seeing where your trousers sit) and people would have an easier time critiquing certain aspects of the fit.post #15029 of 331975/24/12 at 1:04pm
Hey guys, got a question for ya.
Summer's coming up, and I need a new pair of shoes that pretty much goes to match into alot of outfits.
I'll mostly be wearing chinos shorts with a shirt, or a t-shirt/polo. Might even use jeans but not as much.
Currently I have a pair of these http://img.tradera.com/images/041/142193041_1.jpg sorta, and would like to have something more summery/cooly.
All help appreciatedpost #15030 of 331975/24/12 at 1:07pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › Sonrisa stockists? 34 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...