Shopthefinest.com has some good deals on shirts.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:07 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 6/3/15 at 4:58am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:34 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1002post #15016 of 309355/24/12 at 9:49am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15017 of 309355/24/12 at 10:49ampost #15018 of 309355/24/12 at 10:50ampost #15019 of 309355/24/12 at 10:53ampost #15020 of 309355/24/12 at 10:54ampost #15021 of 309355/24/12 at 10:58ampost #15022 of 309355/24/12 at 11:01amQuote:
I'd probably go with the Strand in Dark Brown, to stick with the previous recommendations. While a wingtip boot is certainly a nice shoe, it won't really serve as an "anchor" in your shoe wardrobe.post #15023 of 309355/24/12 at 11:01amQuote:
They are going to stand out much more. I am not sure what you are dressing for though. I hope that you have other shoes in rotation. You really shouldn't be looking to wear literally one pair of shoes every day. It is horrible for shoes.post #15024 of 309355/24/12 at 11:04ampost #15025 of 309355/24/12 at 11:18amQuote:I'm a noob here at SF but not completely numb.My father taught me about how to care for shoes/clothing etc and I've always done pretty well style-wise just not to the exacting standards I've seen since joing this august company.I've got cordovan loafers and wingtips, and some black Cole-Haan semi-square toed shoes that I hardly wear now that I've seen the vitriol poured upon them here and some Justin Roper and Lucchese cowboy boots, both black.I like the Strand and the 5th ave, will probably go with the 5th ave as its more conservative.Thank you both!!post #15026 of 309355/24/12 at 11:27ampost #15027 of 309355/24/12 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Layered PlayerI'm a noob here at SF but not completely numb.My father taught me about how to care for shoes/clothing etc and I've always done pretty well style-wise just not to the exacting standards I've seen since joing this august company.I've got cordovan loafers and wingtips, and some black Cole-Haan semi-square toed shoes that I hardly wear now that I've seen the vitriol poured upon them here and some Justin Roper and Lucchese cowboy boots, both black.I like the Strand and the 5th ave, will probably go with the 5th ave as its more conservative.Thank you both!!
Definitely the 5th Ave. to add to the current collection. you seem to have the casual end covered for now.post #15028 of 309355/24/12 at 11:44amQuote:
I've also found a man here in Portland who does Coppley MTM so that's my next big purchase.
I'll be sure to post fit pics so I get what's coming to me!post #15029 of 309355/24/12 at 12:17pmpost #15030 of 309355/24/12 at 12:50pm
I'd lean towards the 38. The shoulders on the 40 are quite large.
However, I simply don't like the look of the shoulders on this coat. The seam is at an odd location, and that throws everything off. It may be helpful to have you actually tuck the shirt in - with the untucked shirt it looks like the buttoning point is a bit high. Tucking in the shirt can give a better reference point (actually seeing where your trousers sit) and people would have an easier time critiquing certain aspects of the fit.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts 1 minute ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Leffot Tankers shell #8 (size 8.5D, Barrie last) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › didn't hear just outside if you wing 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...