Shopthefinest.com has some good deals on shirts.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:12 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 10:40 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:24 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1002post #15016 of 303625/24/12 at 9:49am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15017 of 303625/24/12 at 10:49ampost #15018 of 303625/24/12 at 10:50ampost #15019 of 303625/24/12 at 10:53ampost #15020 of 303625/24/12 at 10:54ampost #15021 of 303625/24/12 at 10:58ampost #15022 of 303625/24/12 at 11:01amQuote:
I'd probably go with the Strand in Dark Brown, to stick with the previous recommendations. While a wingtip boot is certainly a nice shoe, it won't really serve as an "anchor" in your shoe wardrobe.post #15023 of 303625/24/12 at 11:01amQuote:
They are going to stand out much more. I am not sure what you are dressing for though. I hope that you have other shoes in rotation. You really shouldn't be looking to wear literally one pair of shoes every day. It is horrible for shoes.post #15024 of 303625/24/12 at 11:04ampost #15025 of 303625/24/12 at 11:18amQuote:I'm a noob here at SF but not completely numb.My father taught me about how to care for shoes/clothing etc and I've always done pretty well style-wise just not to the exacting standards I've seen since joing this august company.I've got cordovan loafers and wingtips, and some black Cole-Haan semi-square toed shoes that I hardly wear now that I've seen the vitriol poured upon them here and some Justin Roper and Lucchese cowboy boots, both black.I like the Strand and the 5th ave, will probably go with the 5th ave as its more conservative.Thank you both!!post #15026 of 303625/24/12 at 11:27ampost #15027 of 303625/24/12 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Layered PlayerI'm a noob here at SF but not completely numb.My father taught me about how to care for shoes/clothing etc and I've always done pretty well style-wise just not to the exacting standards I've seen since joing this august company.I've got cordovan loafers and wingtips, and some black Cole-Haan semi-square toed shoes that I hardly wear now that I've seen the vitriol poured upon them here and some Justin Roper and Lucchese cowboy boots, both black.I like the Strand and the 5th ave, will probably go with the 5th ave as its more conservative.Thank you both!!
Definitely the 5th Ave. to add to the current collection. you seem to have the casual end covered for now.post #15028 of 303625/24/12 at 11:44amQuote:
I've also found a man here in Portland who does Coppley MTM so that's my next big purchase.
I'll be sure to post fit pics so I get what's coming to me!post #15029 of 303625/24/12 at 12:17pmpost #15030 of 303625/24/12 at 12:50pm
I'd lean towards the 38. The shoulders on the 40 are quite large.
However, I simply don't like the look of the shoulders on this coat. The seam is at an odd location, and that throws everything off. It may be helpful to have you actually tuck the shirt in - with the untucked shirt it looks like the buttoning point is a bit high. Tucking in the shirt can give a better reference point (actually seeing where your trousers sit) and people would have an easier time critiquing certain aspects of the fit.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Law school and the legal sphere (in North America) 1 minute ago
- › Baldwin Reed Denim Size 32 2 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory RK 32 x 32 2 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers Natural Vibram Sole Cap Toe Trench Boot Size 11 2 minutes ago
- › Best Potato Chips 4 minutes ago
- › I want a summer suit...(J.Crew vs. SuitSupply) 4 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › Do you know, Trapper Joes ? 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...