Dark brown punch captoe. What is your budget?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 2/11/16 at 5:25pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1002post #15016 of 322035/24/12 at 10:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15017 of 322035/24/12 at 10:53ampost #15018 of 322035/24/12 at 10:54ampost #15019 of 322035/24/12 at 10:58ampost #15020 of 322035/24/12 at 11:01amQuote:
I'd probably go with the Strand in Dark Brown, to stick with the previous recommendations. While a wingtip boot is certainly a nice shoe, it won't really serve as an "anchor" in your shoe wardrobe.post #15021 of 322035/24/12 at 11:01amQuote:
They are going to stand out much more. I am not sure what you are dressing for though. I hope that you have other shoes in rotation. You really shouldn't be looking to wear literally one pair of shoes every day. It is horrible for shoes.post #15022 of 322035/24/12 at 11:04ampost #15023 of 322035/24/12 at 11:18amQuote:I'm a noob here at SF but not completely numb.My father taught me about how to care for shoes/clothing etc and I've always done pretty well style-wise just not to the exacting standards I've seen since joing this august company.I've got cordovan loafers and wingtips, and some black Cole-Haan semi-square toed shoes that I hardly wear now that I've seen the vitriol poured upon them here and some Justin Roper and Lucchese cowboy boots, both black.I like the Strand and the 5th ave, will probably go with the 5th ave as its more conservative.Thank you both!!post #15024 of 322035/24/12 at 11:27ampost #15025 of 322035/24/12 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Layered PlayerI'm a noob here at SF but not completely numb.My father taught me about how to care for shoes/clothing etc and I've always done pretty well style-wise just not to the exacting standards I've seen since joing this august company.I've got cordovan loafers and wingtips, and some black Cole-Haan semi-square toed shoes that I hardly wear now that I've seen the vitriol poured upon them here and some Justin Roper and Lucchese cowboy boots, both black.I like the Strand and the 5th ave, will probably go with the 5th ave as its more conservative.Thank you both!!
Definitely the 5th Ave. to add to the current collection. you seem to have the casual end covered for now.post #15026 of 322035/24/12 at 11:44amQuote:
I've also found a man here in Portland who does Coppley MTM so that's my next big purchase.
I'll be sure to post fit pics so I get what's coming to me!post #15027 of 322035/24/12 at 12:17pmpost #15028 of 322035/24/12 at 12:50pm
I'd lean towards the 38. The shoulders on the 40 are quite large.
However, I simply don't like the look of the shoulders on this coat. The seam is at an odd location, and that throws everything off. It may be helpful to have you actually tuck the shirt in - with the untucked shirt it looks like the buttoning point is a bit high. Tucking in the shirt can give a better reference point (actually seeing where your trousers sit) and people would have an easier time critiquing certain aspects of the fit.post #15029 of 322035/24/12 at 1:04pm
Hey guys, got a question for ya.
Summer's coming up, and I need a new pair of shoes that pretty much goes to match into alot of outfits.
I'll mostly be wearing chinos shorts with a shirt, or a t-shirt/polo. Might even use jeans but not as much.
Currently I have a pair of these http://img.tradera.com/images/041/142193041_1.jpg sorta, and would like to have something more summery/cooly.
All help appreciated
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 53 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Iron Heart Garrison Belt (IHB-02/Brown) (large/size 36) 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?