Depends on the pleats and on the polos. I have some with very shallow forward pleats where it makes almost no difference, and they look great with a shorter polo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 1:21 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 984post #14746 of 321845/13/12 at 3:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14747 of 321845/13/12 at 4:08pmHas anyone been able to successfully contact ROTM about their orders? The wait time is beyond frustrating not to mention the lack of communication.. I've sent a few emails enquiries but never get any reply. Don't know if the question fits here but seems like lots of SFers did order stuff from them.post #14748 of 321845/13/12 at 4:14pmpost #14749 of 321845/13/12 at 6:15pmshould i return these suits? is the fit too sloppy?
excuse the sloppiness of the tie and the lack of smoothing out hte jacket--debating whether to return or not, hence why the price tag is still on there. off the rack saks zegna cloth slim fit. are the shoulders too wide? please scrutizine as i know SF will be the most critical of eyes. i know the sleeves need to be shortened.
suit 2 (colors do not appear that much different due to lighting. this is gray, previous is navy).
thanks!post #14750 of 321845/14/12 at 12:34ampost #14751 of 321845/14/12 at 5:06am
I know the standard rule of thumb for what to wear to an interview is a conservative charcoal gray or navy blue suit, but what do you do if the one you have is old and ill fitting (got it when I was younger). I have a better fitting suit that I had tailored to fit me properly but it's in khaki. The position is just a low level management position, nothing fancy. So older ill fitting suit because it's gray, or better fitting suit even if its khaki? Thanks. Just as a side note I don't have the time or the means to purchase a new suit or have the old one tailored.post #14752 of 321845/14/12 at 6:22ampost #14753 of 321845/14/12 at 7:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Smore
I know the standard rule of thumb for what to wear to an interview is a conservative charcoal gray or navy blue suit, but what do you do if the one you have is old and ill fitting (got it when I was younger). I have a better fitting suit that I had tailored to fit me properly but it's in khaki. The position is just a low level management position, nothing fancy. So older ill fitting suit because it's gray, or better fitting suit even if its khaki? Thanks. Just as a side note I don't have the time or the means to purchase a new suit or have the old one tailored.
How poorly fitting is the older suit? Khaki is rather informal, so unless the grey is quite bad looking, you'd probably be better off with it. Doesn't need to be up to SF standards, just "not horrible looking."post #14754 of 321845/14/12 at 10:52ampost #14755 of 321845/14/12 at 10:59amQuote:
The sleeves can be easily altered, and the body can be brought in relatively easily, but it looks like the body of the jacket is also way too long, which can't be altered by a significant amount without throwing off the balance. I would say to just return it.post #14756 of 321845/14/12 at 11:03ampost #14757 of 321845/14/12 at 11:18amQuote:
Agreed.post #14758 of 321845/14/12 at 11:33ampost #14759 of 321845/14/12 at 1:01pmQuote:
It could be tailored but I think in some spots it would be weird after it's done, because it's really big. I think you should return it, why didn't you buy something in your size?post #14760 of 321845/14/12 at 1:24pmQuote:
Did you buy it online? If there's a SS store near you, make sure you check them out.
I went to the Soho store in NYC and tried to get fit for a suit (don't know what size). The shoulders were a tad bit too big but the jacket length was good. I'm 5' 5" so I'm assuming that they handed me a short suit. I wasn't a 38 chest either so it was something less than 38S.
(This post sounds really weirdly worded but the main point is to check out the physical SS store.)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Creases on a doble-breasted suit 10 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 53 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...