Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:55 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 975post #14611 of 331405/8/12 at 9:36pmpost #14612 of 331405/8/12 at 9:47pmpost #14613 of 331405/8/12 at 9:57pm
While it's true that a button stance that is too low as a product of a suit that is too large just looks bad, the only downside of a low button stance on a well-fitting jacket is that it may bring undue attention to your monumental cajones.post #14614 of 331405/9/12 at 1:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Sui iuris
I'm not sure this is the right thread, I'm sorry if not.
I'm looking for a navy rain coat/car coat, around $100-150 with visible buttons.
Something like this, but cheaper.
Also I wonder where suits for shorter guys can be purchased on the internet? I just recieved a suit from suitsupply which was way too long for me, I'm about 5'5", 165cm. The size was 34 uk 44eu.
You're in London right? In which case seems to me you will be far better off taking an afternoon to visit some bricks and mortar shops and trying on jackets in person. When you have found a brand and size that fits, you can order as many as you want from them online. If all else fails Suit Supply will make you a MTM suit for a pretty reasonable price if you visit one of their shops to get measured up.post #14615 of 331405/9/12 at 1:42amQuote:
Grey vest with black suit sounds horrible to me. Black suits are not held in high esteem in these parts anyway.
Do not match any part of your outfit to that of your date, it is tacky.post #14616 of 331405/9/12 at 6:51ampost #14617 of 331405/9/12 at 9:18ampost #14618 of 331405/9/12 at 11:23amShoot...two different answers from two respected posters. The idea would be to send it to TC; I tried emailing them to ask if they could do it, but I haven't heard back yet. I know that narrowing can be done, but sevenfold seems like it would be a different ballgame.
Thanks to both Sanguis Mortuum and cptjeff. I think the jury is out until I hear back from TC.post #14619 of 331405/9/12 at 11:32ampost #14620 of 331405/9/12 at 12:28pmpost #14621 of 331405/9/12 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by jawboneofa
Shoot...two different answers from two respected posters. The idea would be to send it to TC; I tried emailing them to ask if they could do it, but I haven't heard back yet. I know that narrowing can be done, but sevenfold seems like it would be a different ballgame.
Thanks to both Sanguis Mortuum and cptjeff. I think the jury is out until I hear back from TC.
Pretty much they will open the whole tie, refold (with trimming if necessary), and sew it back. Your end product will be in original fabric but TieCrafters' craftsmanship, which is pretty good.post #14622 of 331405/9/12 at 1:50pmpost #14623 of 331405/9/12 at 2:03pmpost #14624 of 331405/9/12 at 2:55pmpost #14625 of 331405/9/12 at 4:43pm
Hey guys, new here.
I have a few questions, but I'll try to ask them 1 by 1.
I was wondering if I needed to match my belt with my shoes. Not color wise, but brand wise?
I'll be wearing a pair of Ferragamo shoes with their signature silver buckles (not sure how you call them)
and I want to use a Mont Blanc belt.
Does having two different logos look bad?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › TopCoat Porn 11 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 19 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 48 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Mens Cashmere Overcoat - What colour/style for re-lining? 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...