(Brooks Brothers Irish linen shirts are really nice. At least mine are, though a little mysterious at times. One's stiff and unyielding, the other's soft and eminently foldable. Same cleaners.)
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 969
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14522 of 321905/5/12 at 3:11pm
Looking for some help with shoe selection for my wedding in July in Punta Cana, i have a natural linen suit with white linen shirt.. From pictures i have seen of other weddings i am debating not wearing a tie nor tucking in my shirt and going for a more casual look.
However i am stumped with my shoe selection, i have gone out looking at boat shoes, drivers and moccasins. While i have seen some really nice moccasins they are either to close to the colour of the suit or blueish grey. any help on selection would really be great!!post #14523 of 321905/5/12 at 5:05pmpost #14524 of 321905/5/12 at 7:28pmpost #14525 of 321905/5/12 at 8:39pmpost #14526 of 321905/5/12 at 9:00pmpost #14527 of 321905/5/12 at 9:15pm
well as much as I hate to admit it as well, you may be right. have to see in person and get on sale because I'm pretty sure most of his shit is made overseas and hopefully not China ($95 for MK is silly). the best part of that link however is that guy's description of Michael Korspost #14528 of 321905/5/12 at 11:58pm
This suit looks great for an interview. I wouldnt worry about the color being too light. In fact, correct me if my eyesight is blurred, but it does seem like more of a charcoal grey. In any event, a grey suit is always a sure bet for an interview, as is a black. Personally, I prefer to go with greys. A blue shirt with a grey suit and a yellow tie always looks very smart for an interview, and if you want to really make a statement, wear a red tie - but again, that is more of a power statement. Hope this helps.post #14529 of 321905/6/12 at 12:25ampost #14530 of 321905/6/12 at 8:34ampost #14531 of 321905/6/12 at 2:37pmpost #14532 of 321905/6/12 at 3:10pm
hey, im new round here and just looking for a quick answer. sorry in advance if this is the wrong section for this post or whatever :)
normally dress quite street/chavy, and wanting to get more into fashion and smarter. want some smart shoes and smarter jeans without brands plastered all over them. dont really want vans and chinos as everyone is wearing those atm <_<
so just wondering if these jeans and shoes go together? Thanks :)post #14533 of 321905/6/12 at 3:47pmQuote:
I would return the belt to the seller for misrepresenting it. I don't think it matches the shoes.post #14534 of 321905/6/12 at 3:49pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Official Sales Alert thread 24 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 45 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 56 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Honey Conditioner evoluton of how it changes Horween... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?