gonna throuw out a comment instead of a question...finally got a pair of jeans to fit me right. had my grandmaw tailor them for me haha. gotta love grandmaw's
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 2/11/16 at 5:25pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 925
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13862 of 322014/1/12 at 3:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
That's probably too casual for a navy suit, regardless of the event. Large, colorful pattern and a button-down collar.
Something like this would be a bit better.
i really like plaid sports jackets...but the colors have to be right. i am not a fan of yellow on clothing haha...and not a fan of red and blue together either...unless its blue jeans and a red shirt.post #13863 of 322014/1/12 at 5:24pmpost #13864 of 322014/1/12 at 5:24pmpost #13865 of 322014/1/12 at 7:10pmpost #13866 of 322014/1/12 at 7:16pmpost #13867 of 322014/1/12 at 7:42pmpost #13868 of 322014/1/12 at 7:48pmQuote:
A competent tailor can do the alterationpost #13869 of 322014/1/12 at 8:12pm
Michaelpost #13870 of 322014/1/12 at 8:22pmpost #13871 of 322014/1/12 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by xMaximex
Those boots have already been featured on put this on and talked about on the forum. See : http://putthison.com/post/10797368619/folks-are-always-asking-me-about-more-affordable
During 40% off sales (which seems to get rarer nowadays), it might be worth it. Otherwise, as a low-budget shopper, I would be looking at eBay or B&S for a better item at a similar price point.
Thanks. Are chelsea boots considered acceptable to wear with a suit? Since it seems to suit my low-budget situation, I'm thinking that they could make for decent minimalist boots to wear with dress and casual clothes.post #13872 of 322014/1/12 at 10:46pmpost #13873 of 322014/2/12 at 3:24amShirt collar question: I usually wear BB button downs with sport coats with "traditional" lapels - not too wide, not too narrow. In other words, something that anyone can pull off...
As an experiment to see if I like a narrower look, I bought a J.Crew Ludlow jacket with narrow lapels, (2.5 inches) and a narrow tie, but of course my BB button down collars are too large (they look a little like mushrooms around my neck...). What is the best collar to wear with narrow lapels? spread? forward point? button-down, but with a lower collar?
I'm fine with BB shirting, but is there a particular brand of shirts (around $100 or under) that work particularly well with narrower lapels?
I think I like the narrower look but don't want to spend a fortune finding out.
Thanks!post #13874 of 322014/2/12 at 4:14amQuote:
hmm... If it's just shortening it by 0.5 or 0.75 inches, is this the case? I've had another jacket (but with fake sewn buttonholes, instead of functioning) where the tailor made a similar size adjustment -- but he shortened it from the end of the sleeve. In that case, the end result was the buttons are just a little closer to the end of the sleeve, but it looks totally fine.
Just wasn't sure if it'd be the same tailoring operation in this case (working buttonholes)...post #13875 of 322014/2/12 at 4:49am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 14 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Shoes to wear with leatherjackets 7 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?