gonna throuw out a comment instead of a question...finally got a pair of jeans to fit me right. had my grandmaw tailor them for me haha. gotta love grandmaw's
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 3:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 925post #13862 of 334484/1/12 at 3:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
That's probably too casual for a navy suit, regardless of the event. Large, colorful pattern and a button-down collar.
Something like this would be a bit better.
i really like plaid sports jackets...but the colors have to be right. i am not a fan of yellow on clothing haha...and not a fan of red and blue together either...unless its blue jeans and a red shirt.post #13863 of 334484/1/12 at 5:24pmpost #13864 of 334484/1/12 at 5:24pmpost #13865 of 334484/1/12 at 7:10pmpost #13866 of 334484/1/12 at 7:16pmpost #13867 of 334484/1/12 at 7:42pmpost #13868 of 334484/1/12 at 7:48pmQuote:
A competent tailor can do the alterationpost #13869 of 334484/1/12 at 8:12pm
Michaelpost #13870 of 334484/1/12 at 8:22pmpost #13871 of 334484/1/12 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by xMaximex
Those boots have already been featured on put this on and talked about on the forum. See : http://putthison.com/post/10797368619/folks-are-always-asking-me-about-more-affordable
During 40% off sales (which seems to get rarer nowadays), it might be worth it. Otherwise, as a low-budget shopper, I would be looking at eBay or B&S for a better item at a similar price point.
Thanks. Are chelsea boots considered acceptable to wear with a suit? Since it seems to suit my low-budget situation, I'm thinking that they could make for decent minimalist boots to wear with dress and casual clothes.post #13872 of 334484/1/12 at 10:46pmpost #13873 of 334484/2/12 at 3:24amShirt collar question: I usually wear BB button downs with sport coats with "traditional" lapels - not too wide, not too narrow. In other words, something that anyone can pull off...
As an experiment to see if I like a narrower look, I bought a J.Crew Ludlow jacket with narrow lapels, (2.5 inches) and a narrow tie, but of course my BB button down collars are too large (they look a little like mushrooms around my neck...). What is the best collar to wear with narrow lapels? spread? forward point? button-down, but with a lower collar?
I'm fine with BB shirting, but is there a particular brand of shirts (around $100 or under) that work particularly well with narrower lapels?
I think I like the narrower look but don't want to spend a fortune finding out.
Thanks!post #13874 of 334484/2/12 at 4:14amQuote:
hmm... If it's just shortening it by 0.5 or 0.75 inches, is this the case? I've had another jacket (but with fake sewn buttonholes, instead of functioning) where the tailor made a similar size adjustment -- but he shortened it from the end of the sleeve. In that case, the end result was the buttons are just a little closer to the end of the sleeve, but it looks totally fine.
Just wasn't sure if it'd be the same tailoring operation in this case (working buttonholes)...post #13875 of 334484/2/12 at 4:49am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 11 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 14 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 24 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 26 minutes ago
- › ATTN ADMINS / MODS -- FORUM FEATURE NOT WORKING 39 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...