or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 923

post #13831 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post

People here don't wear wide leg jeans. Popular straight leg selvedge jeans include APC New Standard and Levi's Vintage Clothing 1947 501

I wear Lee Regulars, which have had the same cut for decades. Straight leg is about as classic as you can get.
post #13832 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post


Sorry to hear about your mom.
I've seen the brand before in some places but don't have any real info on them.
Thank you, she was a great old broad!
 
 
 


 

post #13833 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1492 View Post

please help me find low rise wide leg jeans that are nice. i dont want the stupid fad jeans that are all tight and shit. I want some jeans that look good on me regardless of what some milan asshole says. Help me please. google and this forum's search function are not helping. 


By 'wide leg' do you just mean not super skinny, or do you mean wider than average? And how low do you mean when you say 'low-rise'? I can't help but picture 'low rise wide leg' as looking ridiculous, unless you just mean an average (not skinny) leg and a average (or slightly lower) rise.
post #13834 of 33185

Light shoes, dark pants, and a dark belt? Light belt with dark pants is more contrast than I prefer. Maybe too much time in athletic shoes has warped my sensibilities.

post #13835 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post


People here don't wear wide leg jeans. Popular straight leg selvedge jeans include APC New Standard and Levi's Vintage Clothing 1947 501


Looks like that's just before it all went wrong:

 

"The 1955 501 jeans have a quintessential 1950's shape, with more 'anti-fit' in the seat area and a slightly fuller cut around the leg, they have a boxier silhouette."

 

An idea doesn't have to be good to catch on.

post #13836 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post


By 'wide leg' do you just mean not super skinny, or do you mean wider than average? And how low do you mean when you say 'low-rise'? I can't help but picture 'low rise wide leg' as looking ridiculous, unless you just mean an average (not skinny) leg and a average (or slightly lower) rise.


well i have 22.5" thighs and my logic is that if i dont feel comfortable in a pair of jeans i wont look good. i dont want my jeans tight on my thighs at all and i need enough extra room in that area to be able to use my pockets comfortably. furthermore looser jeans are said to accentuate muscular forms better than tighter jeans because tight jeans on muscular people make them look bulky. The reason(i am probably wrong) for me wanting low rise is because every pair of jeans that i have ever had has sat really low on my waist(around my hips) and i think it might look better if i dont have a crotch that is sitting a full foot too low haha

post #13837 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post


People here don't wear wide leg jeans. Popular straight leg selvedge jeans include APC New Standard and Levi's Vintage Clothing 1947 501


straight leg could be fine but i guess i would prefer a small tapering off from the thigh to the leg opening. loose jeans may not be in style but i swear that some people look better in them...at least i think so. 

 

according to an article on ebay about buying jeans and another article on AskMen 

Athletic and muscular types look best in jeans with a wider leg since looser cuts show off the shape of a toned body. Jeans cut too close to the body are not as good a choice for muscular shapes as they can make muscles appear overly bulky. Wider-leg jeans, however, will subtly show off all your hard-earned gym work. Additionally, to show off your butt or give it a more round shape, choose back pockets that are smaller and further apart. 

"

post #13838 of 33185
FYI, HTTP 404 Error trying to load website http://www.sizeseeker.com/sizeseeker.
post #13839 of 33185
469

Yes or No for $150 out of pocket, lol bought the Amazon GC at 30% off from that one guy last week. I just feel unsettled about myhabit. it's like gilt or rue lala or something
post #13840 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIZESEEKER View Post

Hi, I'm a student founding a startup called SIZESEEKER. We've engineered software that calculates your body measurements using a photo - if you're interested, please help us by joining our beta testing program, at www.sizeseeker.com



Make a program that will give you appropriate "cuts" of clothing based upon measurements and I will join your fan club haha. Most people walk around in ill fitting/unflattering clothing and never know it...the brand and style mean nothing if the cut/size isnt right for you. 

post #13841 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post

Do chelsea boots crease a lot? I'm going to buy one from Carmina soon and they look great in the pictures but I'm wondering how it'll look after being worn for a while. The nice thing about captoe oxfords is that the toe cap never creases and I'm hoping Chelsea boots will be the same.

bump
post #13842 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIZESEEKER View Post

Hi, I'm a student founding a startup called SIZESEEKER. We've engineered software that calculates your body measurements using a photo - if you're interested, please help us by joining our beta testing program, at www.sizeseeker.com



i sent a pic in me wearing underarmor compression gear flexing in the mirror haha... i also know my measurements so i will be able to let you know if your program works... i am gonna guess that your program has no way of finding thigh size in shorts though...seems impossible

post #13843 of 33185

Thanks!!! We ran the photo - how did we compare to your actual measurements? And you're correct, thigh circumference isn't part of our algorithm yet.

 

Best,

 

Ian

post #13844 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIZESEEKER View Post

Thanks!!! We ran the photo - how did we compare to your actual measurements? And you're correct, thigh circumference isn't part of our algorithm yet.

 

Best,

 

Ian



very close to the measurements i got...everything except arm length which I measured from the middle of my neck down to my wrist...looks like you program started around the shoulder somewhere. very impressed..your sitting on a marketing goldmine. Imagine walking into a store...and having your photo discretely taken and then being shown sales and other items that would be a perfect fit for your body type...very nice! you could sell this to companies to help them market more effectively i am sure once you get it perfected. 

post #13845 of 33185

 

 

Are there any circumstances in which one should wash dress shirts, pants, chinos, or sweaters in a machine with warm wash setting. I ask because I have some BB all cotton dress shirts which say wash in warm water. Normally, I disregard such 'labels' and wash in cold water.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)