Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 11:29 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 908post #13606 of 331523/19/12 at 12:48ampost #13607 of 331523/19/12 at 6:34ampost #13608 of 331523/19/12 at 6:45amQuote:Originally Posted by jian
would like to do a quick legit check on kellerwhale .
am about to purchase this filson off him . so some replies would be greatly appreciated.
What I usually do is look at their Trader Feedback, post count and join date. Chance are the person's been around for over a year, has sold a few items and has a few posts to his name, I feel comfortable.
Edit: Also if you feel uncomfortable, in the Paypal transaction pay the extra 4% as insurance. If you send as a purchase and pay the 4%, you have buyer protection. If you send as gift you don't.Quote:
I don't know where you can get a "deep crew neck" tshirt from sorry; I don't even recall seeing any before. I'm curious as to why you hate v-necks so much, I personally find them to be pretty awesome to wear as an undershirt.post #13609 of 331523/19/12 at 7:17ampost #13610 of 331523/19/12 at 7:37ampost #13611 of 331523/19/12 at 7:58amQuote:
Whats wrong with a genuine Barracuta? Either the classic G9, or if you can find one, a G4.
And, yes, I think you can pull it off.post #13612 of 331523/19/12 at 8:52ampost #13613 of 331523/19/12 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
I have an event coming up and was wondering if anyone could advice me on how I should tie a knit tie
i.e. this: http://www.thetiebar.com/tie-bar-product.asp?pn=22529&orderPageReturn=%2FcategoryPages%2FAll_Ties.asp&pg=1&categoryIds=31,62,70&optionValueIds=
knit tie vs traditional woven...100% silk so it is rather cumbersome the last time I tried and turned out awful
Would just like to keep it simple, will be worn with a spread collar
edit: found this through some searchesQuote:The four in hand is the only correct knot for knit ties, according to Michael Drake, Alan Flusser and a variety of other sources.
Don't know if you read the MC WAYWT thread, but every time I have seen a knit tie worn by a respected member (although I don't see it often), the knot has always looked to be a 4IH.
Quote:Originally Posted by Slickman
I want to upgrade my black suit to a proper tux for black tie parties, but can't justify the expense of a bespoke one at this time so was thinking to get a mtm one from TaT, any other suggestions in the sub 1k range? I prefer a shawl db but understand that isnt going to happen at this price point, so I will just go with a classic sb shawl.
If you search long enough on the internet (Mr. Porter, Yoox, Bluefly, Gilt, Park&Bond, SF B&S, etc.), you're sure to find something under 1K that fits. This is how I buy most of my suits. It takes time and perseverance and sometimes multiple returns, but if you have the time it can pay off.
The only deep crew necks that I've ever seen have been high-end designer items. It's kind of a weird cut of t-shirt, so I don't know if you'll be able to find anything at Macys/Target prices.
post #13614 of 331523/19/12 at 11:56amQuote:Quote:
I feel like V-necks have a certain vibe I don't want to give off about myself. I guess in certain areas I like to be very traditional. This SNL skit kind of reenforced the feelings I had about it:
Also, here is a pic of the section on undergarments from the book "Gentlemen" in case anyone is curious.post #13615 of 331523/19/12 at 12:57pmMastai Ferretti: yay or nay?
I almost bought a tattersall off B&S but the sleeves on a 15.5 measured out at 26.5" -- too long for me, and I wear a 15 or 15.5 x 34 in Brooks Brothers slim fit.(sleeves are about 25.5" from shoulder seam to end of cuff.)
But I really liked the shirt and seems like it would be a nice alternative in perhaps more of a European style. However, I haven't seen any feedback on the brand. So...any good? And do they size by sleeve or just neck?
Thanks for any help.
Peterpost #13616 of 331523/19/12 at 2:19pmpost #13617 of 331523/19/12 at 7:37pmQuote:
assuming you want it as an under-layer that will not show around the neck ya? I have many cheap t-shirts like this... bought them all in Asia... Taiwan and Hong Kong specifically. Internet search in that direction and you should find something.post #13618 of 331523/19/12 at 8:36pmpost #13619 of 331523/19/12 at 11:05pm
Hello, I'm new here as you can see, and have a few questions:I ordered some working pants that fit my waist and legs (a tight fit, how I like it), but the inseam is an inch or two too short. More importantly, the crotch area is too tight *lengthwise* and doesn't fit my tadger.So what I would like to know is:If I buy the same pants but with a longer inseam, will the length of the crotch area on those pants be extended (even just a little)?And for future reference, does the waist size affect that length?Thanks for your time, whoever answers.If I'm being too formal, posting the wrong place, or doing something wrong or that you don't like, please let me know. Thanks again.post #13620 of 331523/20/12 at 12:44amQuote:Originally Posted by tmckendry
I was thinking about starting a thread for this, but I'll try posting it here to get some ideas;
23, male, 6"1' 185,
Middle of body is in poor shape. Small gut and love handles.
Professional poker player.
Poor fashion sense (by average standards, terrible by forum standards)
Current "style" is non existent. Wear mostly low quality t shirts and shorts. flipflops to bars.
I live in the philippines/macau currently.
I am going to Shanghai for 1 week in March-- I can buy clothes here.
I am going to the USA in March. I will be doing a road trip in a MV across the USA selling and promoting my business that sells electronic cigarettes. (Note; I will be driving a used mini-van.)
I will be selling mostly door-to-door, in malls/public locations, and inside a casino.
I am single and busy. I enjoy getting girls, without much time or effort. (All you need in Asia is white skin. USA needs at least respectable fashion sense)
I need to give off a profession appearance
I would like to spend less than $400
Questions to Styleforum;
What shoes should I get?
How many dress shirts should I buy? What garment/style?
What types of pants should I get?
What type of belt?
Colors? Patterns? Stripes?
Any tips on keeping my wardrobe in good shape while it is traveling cross-country in a Minivan?
While you answer questions, please assume I have no fashion sense and am basically retarded when it comes to dressing myself.
Update: I just finished my shopping spree in China. I got what my friend and I believe are medium quality fabrics and tailoring from the Fabric market in Shanghai. I am a cheap ass and bargained extremely hard. Played stalls off each other and low-balled/walked away if I didn't think I was getting a great deal. Took a couple hours of shopping and negotiating. It was worth it, I have a strong sense of accomplishment now.
Leather shoes (good brand name in China): $60
2 tailored dress pants, fairly thin (95% wool): $41.60
5 tailored dress shirts (no fancy designs or pockets): $83.20
1 tailored full suit: $107.20
1 leather bag(poor quality): $23 (starting price was $69.. lol)
1 double sided leather belt: $20
1 custom-tailored jeans: $24
Total cost came in at $359 + 1 day of researching/shopping/negotiating.
I'll need to purchase some black socks, underwear, and a couple ties. I should come in right at my $400 budget. <3 China
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › Manhattan Sales Alert!! 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › TUXEDO MEGATHREAD NEW Ralph Lauren Black Label Peak Lapel Tuxedo... 4 minutes ago
- › DOES ANYONE RECOGNIT THESE SUNGLASSES (BRAND & MODEL) ? 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Filson Short Cruiser (Size: Medium, Color: Tan) 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...