I've heard both 'rules'. I have no idea whether either is correct.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:25 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 907post #13591 of 331253/18/12 at 12:10pmpost #13592 of 331253/18/12 at 12:53pmpost #13593 of 331253/18/12 at 1:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by TuckerSon
Which colors for pants are safe to wear for short guys besides dark (blue or black) colored pants.
Short guys are often recommanded to wear dark (blue or black) colored jeans/pants. I currently have a wardrobe consisting out of these items but I'm wondering which colors are also safe to wear since it gets a bit boring?
I think you can wear the same color pants as the non-vertically challenged without fear. Black and navy aren't very versatile. Wear did you hear about these "safety" concerns?post #13594 of 331253/18/12 at 1:12pmQuote:Quote:
I am certainly not an authority, but visually, the "buttoned" look makes more sense to me.post #13595 of 331253/18/12 at 2:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by CDHagg
I have an artistic question, and I'd love some input:
I have commissioned a bespoke black suit - 2 button, single-breasted, flat-front, slim but not skinny. I'm a part-time musician, and I'll use this suit for my gigs and maybe also for parties/going to the opera/etc.
It isn't a tuxedo, and I don't want to pretend it's a tuxedo, so I'm thinking I should inject a little flair into the suit. I've considered putting contrasting stitching on the cuff buttons, or contrasting thread underneath the double-vents. Thoughts? I don't want to be too ostentatious; I just want to add a little sprezz to maximize the bespoke benefits and to show that I'm not pretending it's a tux.
Any opinions/suggestions about this would be much appreciated.
Maybe some mother of pearl buttons? Makes it very different from a tuxedo. And keep it 2 button as that steers well clear of tux territory.post #13596 of 331253/18/12 at 3:58pmI have an event coming up and was wondering if anyone could advice me on how I should tie a knit tie
i.e. this: http://www.thetiebar.com/tie-bar-product.asp?pn=22529&orderPageReturn=%2FcategoryPages%2FAll_Ties.asp&pg=1&categoryIds=31,62,70&optionValueIds=
knit tie vs traditional woven...100% silk so it is rather cumbersome the last time I tried and turned out awful
Would just like to keep it simple, will be worn with a spread collar
edit: found this through some searchesQuote:The four in hand is the only correct knot for knit ties, according to Michael Drake, Alan Flusser and a variety of other sources.post #13597 of 331253/18/12 at 4:22pmpost #13598 of 331253/18/12 at 4:25pmpost #13599 of 331253/18/12 at 5:01pmpost #13600 of 331253/18/12 at 5:28pmQuote:
There is front rise and back rise. Also, a google search will find conflicting instructions on how to measure. One says measure to the top of the waistband while the other says to measure to the bottom.post #13601 of 331253/18/12 at 6:19pmpost #13602 of 331253/18/12 at 6:28pmI want to upgrade my black suit to a proper tux for black tie parties, but can't justify the expense of a bespoke one at this time so was thinking to get a mtm one from TaT, any other suggestions in the sub 1k range? I prefer a shawl db but understand that isnt going to happen at this price point, so I will just go with a classic sb shawl.post #13603 of 331253/18/12 at 6:55pmpost #13604 of 331253/18/12 at 9:17pmpost #13605 of 331253/18/12 at 9:25pmhi all
would like to do a quick legit check on kellerwhale .
am about to purchase this filson off him . so some replies would be greatly appreciated.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 30 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Batch - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot ORDER NOW 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...