Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 10:12 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 4:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 12:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:54 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 904post #13546 of 309613/14/12 at 1:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13547 of 309613/14/12 at 3:05pmpost #13548 of 309613/14/12 at 4:10pmpost #13549 of 309613/14/12 at 6:01pmpost #13550 of 309613/14/12 at 6:33pmpost #13551 of 309613/14/12 at 6:44pmpost #13552 of 309613/14/12 at 6:52pmpost #13553 of 309613/15/12 at 5:47amLooking for an SF-approved tailor either in Utah or Nevada (roughly between SLC and Las Vegas). I've been having jackets nipped and tucked by fly-by-night "tailors" who proceed to butcher the lining while leaving me with a (still) poor fitting garment. As I read more on the subject through the stickies (thankyouSF) I realize there's far more to it than just opening the back seam and pulling in fabric. Any recommendations?post #13554 of 309613/15/12 at 9:18ampost #13555 of 309613/15/12 at 9:26amQuote:
You can pick up the C&J Cavendish from Shipton & Heneage for ~$350.post #13556 of 309613/15/12 at 11:43amQuote:
I have never seen such a treatment of a camp moc design. It just looks strange- to me, they're boat shoe equivalents. The first is the strangest, the second two at least use leathers a little more suited to the design, but the last and structure still wierds me out.
This is what a camp moc is supposed to look like:
That aside, buy 'em if you like them. But the europeans keep (IMO) butchering classic american shoe designs. The english did it to penny loafers, which I have seen before, and now the Italians are doing it to the camp moc. A similar version of the bean boot must be in the works...post #13557 of 309613/15/12 at 11:45ampost #13558 of 309613/15/12 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Trapp
Hey all - I'm looking to make an investment in a versatile wool coat / jacket that will look good, keep me warm, and serve me well for several years. Something clean and classic would be nice. I'm more interested in value than concerned about actual cost (willing to lay down some dime for the right coat).
I'm looking for something that meets the following criteria:
-For casual city wear. Will only be worn with denim, usually with quality brown leather boots.
-Not a peacoat: I already have 2 nice old kersey wool peacoats
-Gray or navy
-around 31-34" inches long or so (about the length of a size 40 Barbour Beaufort, or a bit longer, if that helps) that covers the rear but stops well short of the knees.
-don't want a cropped coat with a waistband
-don't want a long coat or top coat (too dressy, annoying to sit and drive in, generally not as utilitarian as I'm looking for with this jacket)
-preferably with vents
-will consider lined or unlined. My priority is to find a quality wool shell and the right cut
-by 'quality wool' I don't mean cashmere or anything with a fancy finish--i loved the tight-knit kersey wool of old peacoats
-I'm 5'9" and 185 lbs and wear a size 40 suit (but will never wear this jacket with a suit)
Years ago as an undergrad, I wore and loved the J. Crew University Jacket because it was warm, easy to wear, had generous pockets, and looked somewhat respectable. I'm essentially looking for an "adult" version of that coat, if such a thing exists. Better quality, better construction, but equally versatile and utilitarian.
Any suggestions or ideas where to start?
Filson?post #13559 of 309613/15/12 at 12:58pm
Hi everyone. I found my way to this forum after an internet search for affordable quality dress shoes. Armed with information from SF, I bought a pair of AE Park Avenues. While this satisfies my need for black dress shoes, I still need some brown shoes. I may end up getting another pair from AE to fill the formal brown shoe void, but I came across these shoes from Profession Bottier and at their current price ($110 incl. shipping) appear to be a good deal for casual brown shoes? Although I don't completely believe in the "retail yoox price," a large European online shoe store (spartoo.eu) seems to corroborate their retail value. I did an internet search and the few thoughts on the internet seem 50/50 on the brand/quality (incl. a french clothing forum - thank you Google translate).
I know it's just a picture, but any thoughts on the brand Profession Bottier? overall quality? type of leather and construction? would you buy it?
I would appreciate thoughts and advice!post #13560 of 309613/15/12 at 8:24pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 25 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 26 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 29 seconds ago
- › Video Games 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Magnanni Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suit brands for short/thin guy? 4 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...