or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 899

post #13471 of 33197

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=17269488&mcat=148208&cid=288160&search_params=s+5-p+7-c+288160-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

 

Engraving options are on the right.

post #13472 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards11 View Post

467
where to get custom initial cufflinks like this? thanks

You can buy blank links and any jeweler or arts/crafts store will be able to engrave it.
post #13473 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

cleaning up in the basement I found an Austin Reed suit that must be 30 years old and fits so suspiciously well it almost looks like I had it tailored. 

Austin reed any good? I kind of like it...

Wait... it fits, you like it, and you already own it. And you need the Internet's opinion before wearing it?
post #13474 of 33197

needs SOME work. Wondering whether its worth it as I already have another glen plaid suit... I really don't feel I can justify owning two nearly indistinguishable suits, and I'm trying to figure out which to axe.

post #13475 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

needs SOME work. Wondering whether its worth it as I already have another glen plaid suit... I really don't feel I can justify owning two nearly indistinguishable suits, and I'm trying to figure out which to axe.

Be like me when I was in college. I had an entire closet full of black suits.
post #13476 of 33197

pB, I can't wear black. I look enough like a gay vampire cop in my "normal" clothes. I'm too pale, too skinny, and too stuck up to wear a black suit without looking like an anorectic Secret Service agent.

post #13477 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

pB, I can't wear black. I look enough like a gay vampire cop in my "normal" clothes. I'm too pale, too skinny, and too stuck up to wear a black suit without looking like an anorectic Secret Service agent.

I never would recommend anybody wear black. I knew nothing then. I am just saying, that my wardrobe had slightly less variability than my current. laugh.gif
post #13478 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


I never would recommend anybody wear black. I knew nothing then. I am just saying, that my wardrobe had slightly less variability than my current. laugh.gif


OOH meant to tell you. I bought a tie. Its actually nice. You'd wear it, if it wasn't brown.

post #13479 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post



OOH meant to tell you. I bought a tie. Its actually nice. You'd wear it, if it wasn't brown.

plain.gif I'm not amused, funny guy!
post #13480 of 33197

Daniel Cremieux or however the f you spell his last name. Grenadine. Chocoalte brown. I thought you only wore city colors?

post #13481 of 33197

also

 

shirt too loud?

Just going to work @ the machine shop. Shirt may be on the chopping block

forge casual 004.jpg

post #13482 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

I'm looking to buy a pair of quality balmoral/oxford shoes in a dark blue calf. Does anyone know of any RTW options out there? I haven't seen much, and lack the patience for MTO.


I think Prada has some from a couple season back.  They may have been suede, though - not completely sure.
 

 

post #13483 of 33197


I'd love to be able to wear this Alexander McQueen tie in the office, but can't think of a shirt to wear it with that wont leave me (a redhead) completely washed out looking.

 

There's no way of getting away with this at work, is there?

 

(apologies for the double post from a page ago, my posts weren't showing up yesterday)

 

500

post #13484 of 33197
What is the standard cost of adding working button holes to a blazer that currently has unfinished sleeves? It's black fleece and when I stopped by the local BB store (after calling twice to confirm cost would be $10-$16 according to two different SAs) the in house tailor said $96 and it would take at least three weeks. BF in San Francisco said $75 but it's done by Franz so I would just take it to him directly. Is this in line? I thought it would be a little less?
post #13485 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

What is the standard cost of adding working button holes to a blazer that currently has unfinished sleeves? It's black fleece and when I stopped by the local BB store (after calling twice to confirm cost would be $10-$16 according to two different SAs) the in house tailor said $96 and it would take at least three weeks. BF in San Francisco said $75 but it's done by Franz so I would just take it to him directly. Is this in line? I thought it would be a little less?




I've paid anywhere from $80 - $110 for handmade button holes.....cheaper for machine made holes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)