Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 11:25 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 894post #13396 of 296883/6/12 at 8:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13397 of 296883/6/12 at 9:23pmQuote:
What I've seen sellers do is put a notification up on the main auction page at the top of the description; 'We'll be out of the shop from x to y, so be patient'.post #13398 of 296883/6/12 at 10:04pmpost #13399 of 296883/6/12 at 11:41pmpost #13400 of 296883/7/12 at 3:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Liam O
Quickpick for tomorrow morning, I'd be happier with a better OCBD in a very light blue, but that's not happening and I have to meet with a supplier right after class and I'd prefer to look something vaguely resembling sharp.
Options are organized as such in spoiler
These are pretty close to true to color. Just checking the combinations of fabrics, colors and patterns, no need for a fit critique.
Do tell me if I need to axe the square. I'm very bad at squares.
If you hate them all no need to respond.
Thanks to anyone who can advise.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
All combinations, with the heavy textured jacket, paisley tie, and colorful ps is too much. Too many things competing for attention here. A plain tie and ps would look better I think.post #13401 of 296883/7/12 at 2:39pmpost #13402 of 296883/7/12 at 2:58pmpost #13403 of 296883/7/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
Shortening is possible, but is not a simple or cheap alteration.post #13404 of 296883/7/12 at 3:36pmQuote:
you cant move the pockets. shortening may bring the bottom up too close to the pockets.
measure your other suits pockets distance from the bottom.
measure on the distance on the suit in question. if shortening 1and 1/2 niches will only
bring the pocket 1/2 inch off your other suits pockets spacing then its ok.post #13405 of 296883/7/12 at 5:35pmpost #13406 of 296883/7/12 at 6:24pmpost #13407 of 296883/7/12 at 6:32pmpost #13408 of 296883/7/12 at 6:42pmpost #13409 of 296883/7/12 at 6:59pmpost #13410 of 296883/8/12 at 5:28am
Two quick questions:
- I submitted a post yesterday asking for opinions for a color palette to match a coat. The post included a couple small photos. As of this morning it has not appeared in the Men's Clothing sub forum. Is there a restriction on new user posts? Or did I post the question in the wrong sub forum?
- I understand what "drop" refers to in the context of a complete suit. What is it supposed to mean in the context of individually sold coats/blazers? I have a couple coats that display drop values on their tags. I'm wondering if they were previously part of a suit.
Thanks in advance
[Edited] Spoke too soon. It looks like my post has finally appeared. So the first question is no more.
Edited by criticalthinker - 3/8/12 at 11:54am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1555 Active Users (362 Members and 1193 Guests)
- › This Fan-Made Promo for Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz 27 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 43 seconds ago
- › @@@@Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz UFC 183 ... 1 minute ago
- › Watch UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz - LIVE Live 1 minute ago
- › UFC 183 Silva vs. Diaz Live stream ppv 2 minutes ago
- › TV=====UFC 183 Silva vs Diaz Live on PPV Fight 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › HDQ!~!Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz Live Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › ##@@@@@UFC 183 : Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz Live 3 minutes ago
- › FOX LINK!! Watch UFC 183 live online stream 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays