I have a jacket that fits perfectly except that it is slightly too long. The sleeve length is even okay, but the hem is about an inch and a half below where I'd like it. Is it possible/reasonable to have a tailor recut the hem all the way around?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 10:18 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 894post #13396 of 321733/7/12 at 2:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13397 of 321733/7/12 at 2:58pmpost #13398 of 321733/7/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
Shortening is possible, but is not a simple or cheap alteration.post #13399 of 321733/7/12 at 3:36pmQuote:
you cant move the pockets. shortening may bring the bottom up too close to the pockets.
measure your other suits pockets distance from the bottom.
measure on the distance on the suit in question. if shortening 1and 1/2 niches will only
bring the pocket 1/2 inch off your other suits pockets spacing then its ok.post #13400 of 321733/7/12 at 5:35pmpost #13401 of 321733/7/12 at 6:24pmpost #13402 of 321733/7/12 at 6:32pmpost #13403 of 321733/7/12 at 6:42pmpost #13404 of 321733/7/12 at 6:59pmpost #13405 of 321733/8/12 at 5:28am
Two quick questions:
- I submitted a post yesterday asking for opinions for a color palette to match a coat. The post included a couple small photos. As of this morning it has not appeared in the Men's Clothing sub forum. Is there a restriction on new user posts? Or did I post the question in the wrong sub forum?
- I understand what "drop" refers to in the context of a complete suit. What is it supposed to mean in the context of individually sold coats/blazers? I have a couple coats that display drop values on their tags. I'm wondering if they were previously part of a suit.
Thanks in advance
[Edited] Spoke too soon. It looks like my post has finally appeared. So the first question is no more.
Edited by criticalthinker - 3/8/12 at 11:54ampost #13406 of 321733/8/12 at 6:54ampost #13407 of 321733/8/12 at 7:01am
Sorry, but scarves are, to me, strictly practical. They keep you warm in winter, and it's good to have ones that look nice doing that. During summer, however, they serve absolutely no purpose and come across as affected.post #13408 of 321733/8/12 at 7:09amQuote:
Agree. Summer Scarf to me is like Jumbo Shrimp - an oxymoron. (in deference to Cpt. Jeff, i will stay away from Military Intelligence.)post #13409 of 321733/8/12 at 7:26amI saved this image on my computer, and now I'm having trouble remembering which boot model this is or where I got the picture. I intend to try to buy something similar. I'm guessing the green box might imply that they're Edward Green or Alden, but if anyone knows for sure which model this is I would appreciate it. I didn't see any similar model on the Alden website when I looked. I guess they could be MTO?post #13410 of 321733/8/12 at 8:24am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Currently, there are 1110 Active Users (245 Members and 865 Guests)
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 10 minutes ago
- › The Fake Hate Crimes Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 18 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 21 minutes ago
- › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...