or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 889

post #13321 of 33321

Oh my. I've posted here twice to ask questions and twice to say thanks for the answers and both of my "thank you" posts (but not my question posts) have been held for moderation because I'm new. laugh.gif

post #13322 of 33321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDucky View Post

Oh my. I've posted here twice to ask questions and twice to say thanks for the answers and both of my "thank you" posts (but not my question posts) have been held for moderation because I'm new. laugh.gif

Politeness must be thoroughly checked for potential snark.


satisfied.gif
post #13323 of 33321

http://member.ly/put-this-on-gentlemens-association

 

worthwhile? I've realized I shouldn't be allowed to pick my own pocket squares. I have horrible taste.

post #13324 of 33321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

http://member.ly/put-this-on-gentlemens-association

 

worthwhile? I've realized I shouldn't be allowed to pick my own pocket squares. I have horrible taste.



Alternatively, you could get some pocket squares from Kent Wang or Vanda. Start off with a couple of white linen ones or even this and go from there. Check out the pocket squares in the Ebay Round Up on Put This On as well.

post #13325 of 33321



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

http://member.ly/put-this-on-gentlemens-association

 

worthwhile? I've realized I shouldn't be allowed to pick my own pocket squares. I have horrible taste.


How would you know that the pocket squares they send you would work with your current wardrobe?  puzzled.gif
 

 

post #13326 of 33321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post



Alternatively, you could get some pocket squares from Kent Wang or Vanda. Start off with a couple of white linen ones or even this and go from there. Check out the pocket squares in the Ebay Round Up on Put This On as well.



I have white linen, but those really only get an airing when I wear a business suit. Something which happens at best three times a year. Other than that I have a bunch of hideously complex paisleys in garish colors of silk that I have no business wearing with my overwhelmingly english-country wardrobe.

I'll def check out your recommendations though, thank you :)



Quote:
Originally Posted by CDHagg View Post



 


How would you know that the pocket squares they send you would work with your current wardrobe?  puzzled.gif
 

 



Random chance would probably work out better than me being allowed to select them ;)

post #13327 of 33321
Anyone know where to buy readers that don't actually come with prescription lenses. Looking for glass lenses not plastic.
post #13328 of 33321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingerBRead View Post

Anyone know where to buy readers that don't actually come with prescription lenses. Looking for glass lenses not plastic.


http://www.mrporter.com//Shop/Accessories/Opticals/Glasses?resType=category&keywords=glasses

 

http://www.amysacks.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=3&Itemid=16

post #13329 of 33321

This is probably blasphemy so please forgive me: I'm terribly partial to Viktor & Rolf's women's clothing and I was wondering what you gentlemen think of their more conservative menswear. This, for example?

 

http://cdni.condenast.co.uk/1280x1920/Shows/AW2012/Paris/Mens/viktor_-_rolf_monsieur/00040big.jpg

post #13330 of 33321
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Actually, Ralph Lauren Sanderson. They're a little darker in person, but I wanted to make sure they were clearly visible in the pictures. Big compliments getting compared to Alden though, guess they're a definite keep smile.gif Nothing else currently in my shoe line up fills this gap.

IIRC, a significant percentage of RL's shoes are made by Alden. Couldn't comment on if those were or not though.
post #13331 of 33321
I was under the impression that it was AE, but if I got Aldens for $180 I can't complain icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #13332 of 33321
Where would one find crockett and jones shoes for decent prices online? Also, because i highly doubt I can try them on in michigan, how does a 10.5e/11d match up in c&j shoes based upon my sizing in AEs? Thanks for any insight, new to the shoe game!
post #13333 of 33321
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

I was under the impression that it was AE, but if I got Aldens for $180 I can't complain icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

the last on these is nicer than most aldens you can find. imo, aldens are vastly overrated.
post #13334 of 33321

Any alternatives out there in regard to a oxford toe cap dress shoe in the same price an quality range as the:

Loake 1880 - Aldwych and Allen Edmonds - Park Avenue ? 

post #13335 of 33321
Any tailors reading this thread? I just bought an expensive casual shirt and the sleeves are too long by a couple of inches. The fabric is 100% cotton, but is really thick and feels almost like denim. Is this a simple fix for a tailor, or do I risk ruining the garment? would they cut it at the cuff or shoulder?

Pics of cuff and inside/outside of shoulder:

467
467
467
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)