underlined part ...yes. bold part...please stop saying this.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:33 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 886post #13276 of 331973/2/12 at 8:41pmpost #13277 of 331973/2/12 at 8:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by amathew
I'm a young guy who is new in his career and is just looking for a first "real" suit. I get away with business casual at work and don't have to wear a suit. I work work at a tech start-up, so people dress like computer nerds, and i'll only be wear the suit once in a while. I'd like to get a slim model suit and am willing to spend $400 - $800. I'd like to find a local store to go and have them measure my proportions, but the only store I can find in the Denver, CO area is:
I know nothing about suit brands, and specifically the one's mentioned on that site, but can anyone make any suggestions?
Would it be better just to go to a Brooks Brother?
Lawrence Covell is good but I would recommend Andriesen Morton. They are having a Samuelsohn trunk show next weekend and you will get $250 off a MTM suit. Ask for John, he's a great guy. You will probably still be just north of $800 though. But you will get a fully canvassed suit that fits great and will last a long time. Get a solid navy or solid charcoal 2 Button.post #13278 of 331973/2/12 at 9:05pmpost #13279 of 331973/2/12 at 9:06pmpost #13280 of 331973/2/12 at 9:16pmpost #13281 of 331973/2/12 at 9:21pm
You're not going to have a big selection of uncorrected calf shoes for $200. You can try looking around Herring shoes and Pediwear.com.
You could also look at Allen Edmonds seconds, or even buy lightly preowned AE's on eBay or the B&S. Just know your size and width.post #13282 of 331973/2/12 at 9:23pmpost #13283 of 331973/2/12 at 9:24pmpost #13284 of 331973/2/12 at 9:26pmpost #13285 of 331973/2/12 at 10:14pmI actually don't like the park avenue. It's a nice shoe for what it is, but I simply cannot bring myself to ever care about a plain captoe. I typically recommend something like the 5th avenue- conservative enough for anything short of black tie, but there's a little more visual interest there.
My conservative black shoes are a pair of AE polos in all black. Saddle with brouging, but the black and closed lacing keeps more than formal enough for any situation I'll find myself in.post #13286 of 331973/3/12 at 2:33amHi,
I am looking for a pair of shoes to wear casually with camel, blue and grey pants, in light brown/tan color, I found this model from Grenson :
I like the shape, I was wondering if the color of the shoe will match the colors of pants I'm planning to wear them with?
Thank you.post #13287 of 331973/3/12 at 6:56ampost #13288 of 331973/3/12 at 7:10am
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Neu-SEIKO-MILITARY-Nylon-SNK803K2-Watch-/360437848423?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D270925108636%26ps%3D54#ht_1550wt_1139post #13289 of 331973/3/12 at 8:13amI saw a few Brooks Bros. shirts in a TJ Maxx the other day which had a size tag stitched into the collar and the other tag just had the pig logo and made in the usa. The sleeves were all to short for me. Oxford cloth with no pocket. Any idea want this could have been? I can not find them on their website.post #13290 of 331973/3/12 at 8:15amHey I was hoping I could get some shirt, tie, pocket square combination help for a relative's wedding I have to attend. It is a two day event with the more formal event on day 2. Here is what I'm thinking. Please give feedback and criticism. If something doesnt work/isnt that good then let me know.
- Navy Suit
- Brooks Brothers Blue Shirt
- Burgundy Grenadine Kent Wang Tie
- Mustard Silk Pocket Square with Red and Blue design
I think the gold pocket square is a good combination with the blue shirt. Meanwhile, the burgundy tie works with the blue shirt.
- Navy Suit
- Brooks Brothers White French Cuff Shirt
- Dark Green Grenadine Tie
- Kent Wang White Linen Pocket Square with Red Edge
I'm thinking the dark green tie goes well with the white shirt. As for the pocket square, is there a better option than white ps on white shirt? I think the red edge is a good contrast though (?) with the dark green tie?
Edited by clarksdb - 3/3/12 at 11:53am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 19 seconds ago
- › $360 ALLEN EDMONDS Park Avenue Oxford Shoes 10.5D 20 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 29 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 33 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › The DETAILS AND MICRO ISSUES OF A TRUMP PRESIDENCY Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...