I guess it is too specific. I'm just trying to get an idea of tie and pocket square combinations to go with a navy suit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 2/11/16 at 5:25pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 835
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12512 of 322031/26/12 at 2:21pmpost #12513 of 322031/26/12 at 2:24pmpost #12514 of 322031/26/12 at 2:26pmQuote:
Another thing is not to be too matchy-matchy. I generally think what looks best is to somewhat match your tie with your shirt and have a pocketsquare that is somewhat unrelated to both. Examples: You could probably look in any of their image hosting sites to see other examples, I am sure.post #12515 of 322031/26/12 at 3:49pmpost #12516 of 322031/26/12 at 4:36pmQuote:Quote:
Thank you both for your responses. Sounds great. I was told by the shop that it was short hornback alligator, but I didn't know if there was strictly a hornback alligator or if there was a hornback crocodile as well. I bought them in Austin, Texas and when I asked the shop said a local celebrity was selling them, specifically an athlete, but they wouldn't reveal his name. The only Austin athlete I know of with this size foot would be Tour de France Champion Lance Armstrong and although they wouldn't say who, they did smile very big when I said his name. It could explain the very high arches in these considering a cyclist would have pronounced arches over many years time from the racing pedals such as a Shimano XTR970 or 980. That and it would be hard to purchase these shoes without going into the boutiques themselves which at the present I can't do. Well thank you once again! I'm keeping them no matter what. Over here in south Texas, nobody has seen any similiar boots.post #12517 of 322031/26/12 at 4:54pmpost #12518 of 322031/26/12 at 4:54pmQuote:
Thanks. If I may ask, what is wrong with french cuffs? I see it quite a bit around my workplace as well as some posts on here.post #12519 of 322031/26/12 at 4:55pmQuote:
Thanks. If I may ask, what is wrong with french cuffs? I see it quite a bit around my workplace as well as some posts on here.post #12520 of 322031/26/12 at 4:57pmpost #12521 of 322031/26/12 at 7:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Another thing is not to be too matchy-matchy. I generally think what looks best is to somewhat match your tie with your shirt and have a pocketsquare that is somewhat unrelated to both. Examples: You could probably look in any of their image hosting sites to see other examples, I am sure.
Thanks, that was actually pretty helpful. I am usually pretty bad at color coordinating and end up just using a white pocket square, so its good to know that the PS doesn't really have to match anything.post #12522 of 322031/26/12 at 8:56pmpost #12523 of 322031/26/12 at 9:47pmpost #12524 of 322031/26/12 at 11:56pmpost #12525 of 322031/26/12 at 11:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by matt21484
Is this a good buy for a starter shoe car kit? It seems Kiwi is a trusted brand and this seems like a good price. I just bought a pair of chukkas & wingtips from JM and don't have any shoe care products other than 1 set of trees.
Sorry here is the link
You can do a lot better than Kiwi. But then again, you can do a lot better than JM, so maybe it's a good match.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Official Events and PSA thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 8 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?