or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 767

post #11491 of 33308
Quote:
Originally Posted by classics View Post

Can we draw a line somewhere, lets say for now if we stay around $1000, can I get something close in suiting what I get in C&J shoe? Again some names would be really helpful

Being that this is the quick questions thread the short answer is, "no". You should do some searches on here to find information about suits. You are really limiting yourself when you say, "British". what do you mean? Style-wise, or made in England? Your options for decent suits for the price tag increase dramatically when you loosen up on some things.
post #11492 of 33308
Quote:
Originally Posted by classics View Post

Can we draw a line somewhere, lets say for now if we stay around $1000, can I get something close in suiting what I get in C&J shoe? Again some names would be really helpful

No. Not unless its from a sale. Paul Stuart or RLBL on sale is possible at that price. But are those considered up there like C&J in boots/shoes but in suits...
post #11493 of 33308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

No. Not unless its from a sale. Paul Stuart or RLBL on sale is possible at that price. But are those considered up there like C&J in boots/shoes but in suits...

But also not British...
post #11494 of 33308

Thanks again!

 

Had been reading a little bit about suits and by British I meant more "made in England" than anything else.

 

As far as style is concerned, I am more on a path towards a two button single breasted European cut with Sidevents rather than american squarish suit with a center vent.

 

Hope this clarifies some.

post #11495 of 33308
Quote:
Originally Posted by classics View Post

Thanks again!

Had been reading a little bit about suits and by British I meant more "made in England" than anything else.

As far as style is concerned, I am more on a path towards a European cut with Sidevents rather than american squarish suit with a center vent.

Hope this clarifies some.

Most American suits do not hae single vents anymore. If you want something made in England you are going to have to pay more than $1k, but like I said talk to TTO I think he gets some somewhat affordable stuff in London.
post #11496 of 33308

Got that ..............thanks for your help!

post #11497 of 33308
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

But also not British...

true that...he can always go Burberry biggrin.gif
post #11498 of 33308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smore View Post

What do people know about the Company Aubin & Wills. I'm thinking about buying one of their coats on Mr. Porter, but I don't really know too much about the company. Do they make good quality products ect.?

Here is a link to the coat: http://www.mrporter.com/product/162561

They a based in the UK and are a 'grown up' brand from the makers of Jack Wills. They have a few shops in the UK and I guess they are moving into the US.
Some of their stuff is really high quality - can you post a link to the coat?
post #11499 of 33308
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHedonist View Post





The picture is also a link to the item's page on the Ted Baker site.


Link doesn't work for me, it just redirects to the Ted Baker homepage.
post #11500 of 33308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post


Link doesn't work for me, it just redirects to the Ted Baker homepage.


Ah. Try this: www.tedbaker-london.com/store/mens/single-breasted-suit-GE01-TA0M-KIER-14.html

post #11501 of 33308
What C&J last is comparable to Allen Edmonds 5? 348? I am a 13B on the 5.

And what's a brother supposed to do about all of PLAL's offerings being E fittings if he normally wears a US B width, are there any other good options out there?

Cheers!
post #11502 of 33308
I posted this earlier but haven't gotten any responses. Tips for getting cigarette smoke smell out of virgin wool for old clothes?
post #11503 of 33308
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

I posted this earlier but haven't gotten any responses. Tips for getting cigarette smoke smell out of virgin wool for old clothes?

Not to be unhelpful, but when you googled "getting cigarette smoke out of wool clothing," and clicked on one of the thousands of links provided, was there something lacking in the advice provided?

I mean, you did at least try searching for an answer that way before asking here, right?
post #11504 of 33308
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321 View Post

Not to be unhelpful, but when you googled "getting cigarette smoke out of wool clothing," and clicked on one of the thousands of links provided, was there something lacking in the advice provided?
I mean, you did at least try searching for an answer that way before asking here, right?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=common+sense
post #11505 of 33308
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

I posted this earlier but haven't gotten any responses. Tips for getting cigarette smoke smell out of virgin wool for old clothes?

Tough to do it without fear of ruining anything.. a decent Dry Cleaners may know a way, I would ask them...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)