Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 2:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 758post #11356 of 3333112/2/11 at 10:22pmpost #11357 of 3333112/2/11 at 11:08pmpost #11358 of 3333112/3/11 at 2:27pm
Quote:Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon
Rules on wearing a suit jacket with pants other then the suit pants?
I know this is typically something people should not due, but, what is the difference between a solid suit jacket and blazer/SC? What is the different between a slight pattern (faint light overcheck) suit jacket then a blazer with the same pattern?post #11359 of 3333112/3/11 at 3:08pm
And there is a long standing tradition of wearing an odd jacket with trousers. I like the practical aspect of it. Why throw away a good suit jacket just because the pants wore out? That said, the more sporty suit fabrics work best for this IMO.post #11360 of 3333112/3/11 at 3:36pm
So how would I know if my suit jacket would be able to be worn as a blazed also? Sorry for the vagueness of the question.Quote:Originally Posted by Steve Smith
And there is a long standing tradition of wearing an odd jacket with trousers. I like the practical aspect of it. Why throw away a good suit jacket just because the pants wore out? That said, the more sporty suit fabrics work best for this IMO.post #11361 of 3333112/3/11 at 3:50pmpost #11362 of 3333112/3/11 at 4:03pmpost #11363 of 3333112/3/11 at 4:08pmQuote:
The camel coat is definately very apropos right now, so if you try to stay trendy then you can't go wrong with camel. However, most of the camel coats that I've seen this season are single-breasted, not double breasted, so if you are trying to be right on-par with the trend then you might want to skip this ebay coat. If, on the other hand, you don't care THAT much about following current designers' whims regarding the number of buttons, then this looks like a good choice.
What is the price and label? It definitely has a vintage mien, so you'll stand out in a discerning crowd.post #11364 of 3333112/3/11 at 4:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Scotty
What do you think of these shoes for fall/winter. The rubber heel is fine with me for the rainy weather I have here but I wonder about the color for those seasons.
I work at an office where men wear chinos/nice jeans/corduroys. My pants include tan/cream, olive and navy moleskins, medium grey flannels and sometimes medium dark jeans.
Thanks to all.
Seems to me that those shoes would go well with most of your pants and jeans. Just don't wear them with anything extremely dark (like a navy that is almost black).
Are these Allen Edmonds?post #11365 of 3333112/3/11 at 4:27pmpost #11366 of 3333112/3/11 at 5:03pmpost #11367 of 3333112/3/11 at 5:26pmQuote:
Sleeves are supposed to be long enough to cover your suit jacket sleeves when wearing a suit over it. Can you wear it with casual clothes? Depending on how casual, but if you are wearing "smart casual/business casual" then yes you can.
Post a pic/link of the coat (so we can see the formality of it and give you better advice about wearing it casually or not)post #11368 of 3333112/3/11 at 5:54pmpost #11369 of 3333112/3/11 at 6:15pmQuote:
It's more the fabric than the buttons (as you could always swap the buttons out). Suit fabrics tend to be more "refined", smoother, glossier, etc. It's sort of like pornography, you know one when you see it. There are some suit jackets that could pass as blazers, but they're fairly rare. Buttons are a good clue that a jacket is a orphan from a suit though.
Then again, the average man on the street would have absolutely no clue.post #11370 of 3333112/3/11 at 6:35pm
Well, it took me hours of effort (okay, 3 seconds googling "rubinacci pocket square"). Try http://www.marianorubinacci.net/eshop/product.php?id=543&lang=2
It's a neat pocket square, but at 70 Euros - call it about $94 - I probably won't be buying any.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Trunk Club "custom" suiting quality? 2 minutes ago
- › UK PM May Outlines Brexit Priorities; UK Won't Remain in Single... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 11 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 13 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 15 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 18 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...