Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 757post #11342 of 3330812/2/11 at 8:37ampost #11343 of 3330812/2/11 at 10:16amThere's absolutely no reason to avoid wearing a Grenadine tie to the dinner party.
Although all too often these days when a hostess specifies "semi-formal," she basically means "no t-shirts and at least nice jeans," despite the term's traditional meaning. Sad.
Anyway, your choice of shoes, pocket square, etc., seem entirely acceptable to me. That having been said, I'll admit that I'd probably wear burgundy shoes with the navy suit, particularly for a social event, but that's just me. And since what you're wearing hasn't much color (navy, white, black, and gray), you might want to consider substituting something a bit more festive than a white pocket square in a tv fold. I mean, you're attending a dinner party, not giving a televised State of the Union address.
But it's not like your choices - including the burgundy Grenadine tie - are in any way objectionable.
Michaelpost #11344 of 3330812/2/11 at 11:08ampost #11345 of 3330812/2/11 at 1:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by onix
Where can one find simple (i.e. v-neck or crew neck) high quality Scottish cableknit cashmere (Alan Paine and up) in the States? I know that RLPL carries some, but don't want to pay the brand premium. Ben Silver carries a wide range at a good price, but not my size (S). Recommendations?
Although I'm unaware of the origin of the cashmere, regular polo cable-knit sweaters are fantastic. I'm sure you can find them in stores cheaper than RLPL. Horrible shot, but you get an idea:
Also, do mind that I mostly wear 36R/38R and Small in most brands. This, however, is a Medium.
Example.post #11346 of 3330812/2/11 at 3:14pm
Hey, just wondering what outfits these boots would go with? I'm not sure if they're too formal for jeans or if they would go with chinos at all. Thankspost #11347 of 3330812/2/11 at 3:21pmpost #11348 of 3330812/2/11 at 4:38pmpost #11349 of 3330812/2/11 at 4:42pmQuote:
I have two pairs of Chelseas (black and chestnut) that I wear with suits all the time. If the trouser cuff is wide enough, I think they're indistinguishable from plain toe bluchers.post #11350 of 3330812/2/11 at 7:56pm
Rules on wearing a suit jacket with pants other then the suit pants?
I know this is typically something people should not due, but, what is the difference between a solid suit jacket and blazer/SC? What is the different between a slight pattern (faint light overcheck) suit jacket then a blazer with the same pattern?post #11351 of 3330812/2/11 at 8:17pmHey all, quick question...
I'm going to a Christmas party tomorrow evening. I was wondering if you have to be cautious about the tie you wear with your shoes. The reason I ask is that I am wearing a navy suit with a tie that has a decent amount of purple and lavendar in it. The tie goes really well with the shirt/suit, but I'm unsure if I should change from burgundy shoes to black since it seems like the tie/shoes would conflict. I've never really heard of anyone coordinating ties and shoes though so I could be wrong, hence I thought I'd check. Thanks!post #11352 of 3330812/2/11 at 8:19pmpost #11353 of 3330812/2/11 at 8:55pmpost #11354 of 3330812/2/11 at 8:57pmpost #11355 of 3330812/2/11 at 9:28pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 2 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 18 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafè Wholecut in Black Calf UK 6 BNIB 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...