Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 8:10 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 738post #11056 of 3319511/21/11 at 2:43pmGuys, I just got a new pair of Alfred Sargents and they fit fine except for the vein/Artery atop my right foot seems to be irritated by the tounge of the shoe. Is this something that will break in with time or should i return the shoes. I have not worn them on anything but carpet for a few minutes BTW. Anybody had an experience with this type situation? Thanks in advance.post #11057 of 3319511/21/11 at 3:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by goonercb21rf
Newbie here who needs some advice on a winter coat!
Would love recommendations on a coat that can meet several needs:
1) Warm enough for 10-25 degree (F) temps
2) Can be worn over business casual attire and a sportscoat if needed
3) Stylish, versatile enough to use when dressing down a little. (I'm on the younger side)
I've heard Duffle coats mentioned quite a bit on this forum - is this a good option?
Good option. But it is definitely more casual then a regular wool overcoat. I say get both.
A car coat would be another option.post #11058 of 3319511/21/11 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by habanos
Guys, I just got a new pair of Alfred Sargents and they fit fine except for the vein/Artery atop my right foot seems to be irritated by the tounge of the shoe. Is this something that will break in with time or should i return the shoes. I have not worn them on anything but carpet for a few minutes BTW. Anybody had an experience with this type situation? Thanks in advance.
It should break in.post #11059 of 3319511/21/11 at 3:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by acedevil
How do you like the following styles for men?
I am trying new styles and was wondering and looking for opinions.
Grey suit with black shirt.
Dark brown polo with khaki's. http://www.styleceo.com/images/stores/611/d/dockers-men-original-khaki-pants-classic-fit-by-levis-khaki-40443-7620056
A blue v neck sweater, white shirt and black jeans.
Brown Polo with Black jeans.
Blue shirt with tucked black jeans on a casual day. Any shirt with tucked in a jeans, is it casual?
Would a dark brown shirt, black jeans and a black jacket with black leather oxfords complement each other or look good together?
And lastly, is a leather jacket appropriate for a party or club? What are the appropriate clothing for a club?
Depends on context.
With a lighter blue yes, with navy no.
Sure, if the brown isn't too dark.
Yes, and you should always be tucking your shirt in, even with jeans. Untucked shirts look sloppy. There are exceptions, but for day to day wear, tuck your friggin' shirt in.
No dark brown with black. Black oxfords, as long as they aren't too sleek, would go well with black jeans. Blocker or textured shoes are better with jeans in general, since the texture of jeans requires something that stands up to them.
Depends on the club, but I would think a leather jacket would be appropriate for nearly any.post #11060 of 3319511/21/11 at 3:39pmpost #11061 of 3319511/21/11 at 3:40pmpost #11062 of 3319511/21/11 at 4:03pmpost #11063 of 3319511/21/11 at 11:02pmpost #11064 of 3319511/21/11 at 11:16pmpost #11065 of 3319511/21/11 at 11:40pmpost #11066 of 3319511/22/11 at 12:14ampost #11067 of 3319511/22/11 at 1:24ampost #11068 of 3319511/22/11 at 2:18ampost #11069 of 3319511/22/11 at 5:47ampost #11070 of 3319511/22/11 at 6:29amQuote:
or if you want a little above your 400 mark Alden
and if anyone can find a suede loafer in the 200 range similar, I'd love to know about it.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 800 Active Users (114 Members and 686 Guests)
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 16 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 20 minutes ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 26 minutes ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 30 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 33 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 33 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 49 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 52 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway