or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 733

post #10981 of 33197

I just saw a very nice grey suit from yves saint laurent. Do they have good suits or is it just a waste of money? 

post #10982 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrport View Post

I just saw a very nice grey suit from yves saint laurent. Do they have good suit or is it just a waste of money? 

They're ok. Made in France, fabric is nice, though mostly fused. Be careful with their style though, can be very 1970s/1980s (structure shoulder, slim fit, high cut vents). Some people like it, some don't.
post #10983 of 33197

anybody know where i can get a inexpensive fine gauge turtleneck?? i want to try to wear one with a sportscoat or under a vest.

post #10984 of 33197
Need recommendations for a jacket/coat. I already have a peacoat so need something else. Something that is versatile and classy. Budget is under $600. Canada Goose?
post #10985 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

yes, I was looking for a shirt that does not have the typical collar.
example
467

That collar is ridiculous.
post #10986 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Need recommendations for a jacket/coat. I already have a peacoat so need something else. Something that is versatile and classy. Budget is under $600. Canada Goose?

I find I can wear virtually anything with my gloverall original monty, I even wear it over my pajamas when I'm just walking around local neighbourhood/shopping centre
post #10987 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

That collar is ridiculous.

It's true. What's next, dress henleys?
post #10988 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrefinery View Post


It's true. What's next, dress henleys?


Band collars are making a comeback, sorta dress henleyish

 

EDIT: Didn't even realize this shirt is a henley >_<

 

hessnatur-organic-cotton-band-collar-shirt.jpg

post #10989 of 33197
What does "antique" mean, when referring to the C&J Belgrave as being chestnut antique?
post #10990 of 33197
Weird question. I recently got a custom 3 piece suit and it was my first experience. I forgot to mention that I wanted the back of the vest in the shiny silk. So it came back to me naturally at in the same material.

My question is, is there a way that a tailor can take the back of the vest and stick the silk fabric making it the way I want it?

Thanks
post #10991 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post


I find I can wear virtually anything with my gloverall original monty, I even wear it over my pajamas when I'm just walking around local neighbourhood/shopping centre


Was going to suggest a duffle coat when I saw you had replied. This is what I'm after now as well - maybe a Gloverall or Schott.

post #10992 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

That collar is ridiculous.

What do you think about these? Why don't you like the first one?

467

467

467
post #10993 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc20 View Post

Weird question. I recently got a custom 3 piece suit and it was my first experience. I forgot to mention that I wanted the back of the vest in the shiny silk. So it came back to me naturally at in the same material.
My question is, is there a way that a tailor can take the back of the vest and stick the silk fabric making it the way I want it?
Thanks

Vests are relatively basic and uncomplicated, any reasonable tailor can make or alter one.
post #10994 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrport View Post

I just saw a very nice grey suit from yves saint laurent. Do they have good suit or is it just a waste of money? 

They're ok. Made in France, fabric is nice, though mostly fused. Be careful with their style though, can be very 1970s/1980s (structure shoulder, slim fit, high cut vents). Some people like it, some don't.

 

Oh okay, now i use Zegna but this suit from ysl was very nice. It fits me good but im thinking i maybe can get more quality for the money then a ysl? Or the standard of a ysl suit is good?
 

 

post #10995 of 33197
Anyone know if the cashmere lining inside of leather gloves can be rewoven or relined when it starts to fall apart? Hate to throw away nice leather gloves, but not sure if people work on this sort of thing. in the NYC area. Thanks...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)