The seller is wrong. They're not the same thing, and that's a scissor pleat.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:26 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 713post #10681 of 3319710/29/11 at 7:16pmpost #10682 of 3319710/29/11 at 7:34pmHello, I need some help sizing Gloverall duffle coats. I wear a size 40 suit right otr -- my chest, expanded (ahem!) is exactly 40 inches. But pit-to-pit measurements on size 40 Gloveralls seems to be 23 or 23.5 inches. That seems pretty voluminous if I'm not wearing a heavy sweater or tweed coat -- which I rarely do, as my office is pretty casual. I'm inclined to size down to a 38. Does anyone have any experience?
Thanks in advance,
Peterpost #10683 of 3319710/29/11 at 8:28pm
I'm looking at this overcoat on Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130586210294&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123#ht_5801wt_1163.
My question is does anybody have any info on this particular coat and perhaps some thoughts on it as a bargain at this price point (the tie would be used exclusively as a pot holder)?
Thanks.post #10684 of 3319710/29/11 at 10:41pmXPost from the Jcrew thread in SW&D
I'm considering a suit purchase within the next six months or so. I've been looking at the Ludlow suits available on JCrew.com. Coming admittedly from a SW&D background, are they a decent offering for the price? Are there other options I should be looking at for a similar dollar amount? Thanks in advance for any recommendations/advice.post #10685 of 3319710/29/11 at 11:47pmpost #10686 of 3319710/30/11 at 1:54amHey guys.
I'm considering buying a pair of Common Projects classy sneakers.
I've heard they run large, but the people who say that only use other sneakers for reference ... Something I haven't been wearing for years and years..
Do they actually run large compared to dress shoes ?
Edited by Vates - 10/30/11 at 2:14ampost #10687 of 3319710/30/11 at 3:02amI had a shirt from MyTailor altered with two back darts of 0.5 inch each. Now the back is less blousy but the shirt is a little tight around my chest and armpits, especially when I move my arms around. If I want back darts on my future shirt orders, what other adjustments should be done to the shirt to fix this? Do I just need to have the chest increased?
Another question: What is meant by the phrase "does not hold a crease well" when talking about flannel pants?
Edited by Liquidus - 10/30/11 at 3:13ampost #10688 of 3319710/30/11 at 9:48ampost #10689 of 3319710/30/11 at 11:20ampost #10690 of 3319710/30/11 at 11:26ampost #10691 of 3319710/30/11 at 11:39ampost #10692 of 3319710/30/11 at 3:54pmpost #10693 of 3319710/30/11 at 5:50pmpost #10694 of 3319710/30/11 at 6:13pmQuote:
yea after posting the question i did some googling
so... depending on the pants and location of pockets and all that, it can get quite complicated and costly
anywhere from $50-100+
i probably won't botherpost #10695 of 3319710/30/11 at 11:42pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 19 seconds ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Need help selecting a belt 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 1 minute ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Yves St Laurent Pour Homme Tuxedo Construction? 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...