Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 707
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10592 of 3217410/22/11 at 12:25pm
I really don't ever put them away for good. I do not subscribe to or understand rules about retiring colors because of the season. While I understand putting away different fabrics (i.e. I won't wear a linen or fresco suit in the dead of winter), putting away colors because they are not "season appropriate" seems dumb to me.
I wore my Reds last night actually, with coffee-colored suede tassels, a pale blue pencil strip button-up and a brown v neck sweater. The looks was completely acceptable and garnered many comments. Then again, my circle of friends is definitely the preppy-at-all-times group.post #10593 of 3217410/22/11 at 12:32pmpost #10594 of 3217410/22/11 at 6:16pmpost #10595 of 3217410/22/11 at 6:21pmpost #10596 of 3217410/22/11 at 8:51pmpost #10597 of 3217410/23/11 at 5:55ampost #10598 of 3217410/23/11 at 11:43ampost #10599 of 3217410/23/11 at 3:01pmQuote:
What's your budget?
First I would say APC new standard and then just wash them.
cheap end - levis 501 or gap straight. Both are nearly identical in measurements, with the gap straight having a lower rise. Closer to the APCs.post #10600 of 3217410/23/11 at 3:17pmQuote:
Heritage makers: Levis, 501 or 514. Lee Regular. Wrangler 13 MWZ (cowboy cut), or the 938 MWZ, which is a slimmer version. All should be available in some form of raw, Lee and Wrangler are Sanforized. Levis aren't.post #10601 of 3217410/23/11 at 3:20pmpost #10602 of 3217410/23/11 at 3:24pmQuote:
Pic for reference: http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=160423&ppid=1122&image=483170385&images=446004092,483170341,483170353,483170370,483170385&formats=1,0,0,0,0&format=0post #10603 of 3217410/23/11 at 3:38pmQuote:
is there some sort of higher-end wrangler out there? I see some European friends wearing some that appear to be of nicer quality (in terms of wash, etc.) but not here.post #10604 of 3217410/23/11 at 5:52pmpost #10605 of 3217410/23/11 at 5:59pm
I'm looking at some BB Peal &Co. (C&J) brown captoe brogue oxfords on Ebay. They are listed at 7E US (6UK). Generally I wear about a 7.5D US (AE Strands, Park Ave., etc.); however, the measurements provided on the auction though suggest these might work. Would someone please advise on the fit for this last and if they might work? Thanks in advance.
- Manufacturer: Crockett & Jones
- Last: 240
- Made in England
- US 7E/UK 6.5F
- Length: 11 1/4"
- Width: 4 1/8"
- 2 blue shoe bags included (unfortunately no box)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 47 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Shibumi card holder... 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 14 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...