Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 1:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 698post #10456 of 3319710/13/11 at 6:10pmpost #10457 of 3319710/13/11 at 7:21pmpost #10458 of 3319710/13/11 at 9:20pmpost #10459 of 3319710/14/11 at 1:35ampost #10460 of 3319710/14/11 at 2:04amX-Posted from another thread. Would like more helpQuote:I need help here.
Recently washed a favorite Zegna white spread collar in a lovely soft cotton, unfortunately I wanted to brighten the color so I added a table spoon of bleach to the mix.
Now I have a digusting yellow bleach streak on my right upper arm.
Have tried everything from soaking in white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide etc. Nothing seems to work.
Any chance I can salvage the situation?post #10461 of 3319710/14/11 at 5:33ampost #10462 of 3319710/14/11 at 5:45amQuote:
Right here. Read the forum. Read topics you don't even think you will be interested in. Learn quality brands. Look at the pictures. Go to good retail stores and engage the sales people. Ask questions. Figure out what looks good on you based on your coloring and body type. The most important thing is to develop your own sense of style. Take inspiration from others but don't copy them or it will look forced. Good luck.post #10463 of 3319710/14/11 at 12:39pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Right here. Read the forum. Read topics you don't even think you will be interested in. Learn quality brands. Look at the pictures. Go to good retail stores and engage the sales people. Ask questions. Figure out what looks good on you based on your coloring and body type. The most important thing is to develop your own sense of style. Take inspiration from others but don't copy them or it will look forced. Good luck.
I was going to ask the same question :) Thanks p.m.post #10464 of 3319710/14/11 at 4:45pmanyone with a good eye can tell me whether this tie worn is knit i.e. similar to this:
And what about the width? Is PG wearing 2.75"? or 2"
Btw, I am ordering some ties from the tie bar:
Have the one mentioned above and these 2 in my cart
Any other colors I should consider? My main suit is grey like PG's.
Edited by gettoasty - 10/14/11 at 5:00pmpost #10465 of 3319710/14/11 at 4:59pmCan anybody point me in the right direction for finding a very useful post that had links to a whole bunch of different photos of shoes by maker, model, last and color. As I recall each of the shoes was a hyperlink to the photo itself. I remember mostly Edward Green shoes were posted but I imagine there were others.
I cannot find it anymore. Thanks.post #10466 of 3319710/14/11 at 5:12pmQuote:
It looks to me like the tie he's wearing is at least 2.75"; it's hard to tell because it's at an angle. It also looks like the stripes on the tie you picked out are wider than on the one he's wearing. Although Tie Bar has a very wide selection, knit ties go up on B&S very frequently, so you can find higher quality for pretty cheap (still more than Tie Bar, obviously). But you probably know that, since you've been here longer than me. I have a dark burgundy knit tie, which I find surprisingly versatile for something that's not gray or blue.post #10467 of 3319710/14/11 at 5:16pmWell here is another angle
B/S is great but I do not pay attention enough and they sell out fast.
I was also considering a knit wine color tie too.
I really like knit ties after seeing some selection, but they seem more appropriate for everyday office wear than formal interviews, meetings, etc. So, I'll keep that in mind.
I have a black skinny tie (2") and burgundy/deep red (3.5") already. Just want to expand the range for a full weeks worth of wear.
Thanks for your input!post #10468 of 3319710/14/11 at 5:21pmpost #10469 of 3319710/14/11 at 5:24pmSame as PG? Probably, bit out of my price range though. Nice tie, made = Drakes
Settling with thetiebar version for the time being.
I have in my lineup:
Burgundy standard tie
Black skinny tie
Eggplant skinny knit tie
Midnight Blue standard tie (may want a little lighter blue)
Navy/Red stripe knit tie
Considering adding a blue knit tie and burgundy, wine, or red knit tie:
All these colors/style seem pretty boring, but I like the look. It's clean and conservative and I can always brighten my overall look with a pocket square if I wear a jacket.post #10470 of 3319710/14/11 at 5:36pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The REAL Hate Crimes Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 8 minutes ago
- › acronym 3rd arm fidlock keychain 10 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › BNWT A.P.C Petit New Standard - Black selvage - Size 31 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Where else can I get a similar coat to this? 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway