Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 695

post #10411 of 33393
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post


all my suits have a slight open quarter
enough to show the belt buckle, i guess

belt buckle should be hidden.
post #10412 of 33393
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

belt buckle should be hidden.

if your suit jacket opens up after the buttoning point... how is the belt buckle supposed to be hidden?
i am confused
post #10413 of 33393
rps20110920_141247.jpg
here is one of my suits

now is it the "openness" between the two flaps of the front of the jacket?
or how much "curvature" there is in the front flaps?
post #10414 of 33393
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

rps20110920_141247.jpg
here is one of my suits
now is it the "openness" between the two flaps of the front of the jacket?
or how much "curvature" there is in the front flaps?

Either your jacket is too short or your pant rise is too low (at least from this angle).
post #10415 of 33393
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post

Either your jacket is too short or your pant rise is too low (at least from this angle).

the pants do have a low rise
(hugo boss... go figure)

but i think i understand now...
since the belt line should be at or above the 2nd button ... the belt should still be hidden even when the quarters open
is that right?
post #10416 of 33393
ok
here's another suit
that is much more fuller cut, not so slim and not low rise
still has some open quarter but does not show the belt line
rps20110919_164557.jpg
thanks for sorting this out for me
post #10417 of 33393
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicPac View Post


I usually wear some chinos or corduroy with some sort of light sweater or t shirt and a blazer. Rarely do I wear a button down with a.blazer. I might pull on some raw denim jeans.but very rare that I do that.usually date night consist of dinner and a sort of entertainment. (movie, comedy club, improb club, dancing). I am favorable to light colored clothing as well, pink, purple, blue, very light gray.



Given what you tend to be wearing, the most versatile and stylish choice would be a medium brown blucher. Bluchers are more casual than the oxfords you might wear with a suit, so they work with everything from jeans to chinos to more formal pants. They are also more comfortable,and allow enough movement that you should have no problem dancing in them.

 

Josh

 

post #10418 of 33393
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

but i think i understand now...
since the belt line should be at or above the 2nd button ... the belt should still be hidden even when the quarters open
is that right?

exactly.
post #10419 of 33393
Anybody know of a post or a link that has a good pictorial on how to measure shoes? I have a request from somebody to measure a pair but want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

I tried the search function but was overwhelmed with results taking me to unhelpful places.
post #10420 of 33393

Good afternoon gents,

 

I am a new member and so far it has been quite an enlightening  experience . I very much enjoy fashion and it has always been an significant part of who I was growing up - and it still continues to be. This is a wonderful website and I am happy to have stumbled upon it.

 

Onto my questions now; Is it acceptable to wear ribbon/d-ring belts for the fall months? I live in Southern CA ( Palm Springs area) and the weather is still in the upper 80s and mid 90s most of the days. Also, is it appropriate to wear a tie with chinos and what color of socks go better with Burgundy Tassel Loafers?

 

Sorry for the multiple questions but in my opinion (when it comes to fashion) I'm still a novice compared to many of the members here, although I do hope to absorb and learn as much as I can from you guys.

 

Thank you very much in advance.


Edited by socal225 - 10/11/11 at 3:22pm
post #10421 of 33393
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal225 View Post

what color of socks go better with Burgundy Tassel Loafers?

Socks are usually not matched to the shoes, but instead to the trousers or some other part of the outfit (or simply to your mood). That's not to say that any colour will be worn with burgundy shoes, but the possible choices will depend much more on the other items being worn.
post #10422 of 33393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post


Socks are usually not matched to the shoes, but instead to the trousers or some other part of the outfit (or simply to your mood). That's not to say that any colour will be worn with burgundy shoes, but the possible choices will depend much more on the other items being worn.


Thank you. One example is; stone colored chinos, a long sleeve plaid shirt (navy blue with burgundy and white stripes) and a burgundy belt. We don't really wear coats here in socal so maybe a banana-yellow cable-knit crew sweater? Another outfit is; light grey slacks, white pinstripe long-sleeve and a tie (navy blue, grey and red diagonal stripes).

post #10423 of 33393

Looking to get a good first pair of monk straps, as a I've had only lace-ups to this point. For the latter I generally take an 8.5D almost every time. As a general size question for monks, should I take a half size down, 8D to ensure the same fit? Worried that with monks my usual size will fit too loosely without being able to fully lace the shoe.

 

 

post #10424 of 33393
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal225 View Post

Good afternoon gents,

 

I am a new member and so far it has been quite an enlightening  experience . I very much enjoy fashion and it has always been an significant part of who I was growing up - and it still continues to be. This is a wonderful website and I am happy to have stumbled upon it.

 

Onto my questions now; Is it acceptable to wear ribbon/d-ring belts for the fall months? I live in Southern CA ( Palm Springs area) and the weather is still in the upper 80s and mid 90s most of the days. Also, is it appropriate to wear a tie with chinos and what color of socks go better with Burgundy Tassel Loafers?

 

Sorry for the multiple questions but in my opinion (when it comes to fashion) I'm still a novice compared to many of the members here, although I do hope to absorb and learn as much as I can from you guys.

 

Thank you very much in advance.



 

post #10425 of 33393
Figured it out
Edited by Alfa159 - 10/15/11 at 7:39pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)