Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 12:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 690post #10336 of 3332110/6/11 at 9:10pmpost #10337 of 3332110/6/11 at 9:50pmQuote:
I would EBay and get a Burberry. But go to a store that carries Burberry and try it on and dial in on your size. I would move fast. Trench coats tend to fetch higher prices as winter approaches.post #10338 of 3332110/6/11 at 10:10pmpost #10339 of 3332110/7/11 at 5:38amWhat do you mean by "poor weather"? Dainite is great for mucking about in mud, terrible for ice and other slick, smooth surfaces. Dainite's also not very dressy, if you're looking for something to wear with suits and the like. You'd probably be better off with a non-studded rubber sole or Topy.
Calf can take a pretty good beating from the weather, but it doesn't like road salt. Suede's OK in rain but can be stained by oil and other gunk lurking in puddles/snow. Shell offers great durability, but you have to like the look.post #10340 of 3332110/7/11 at 6:42amQuote:Originally Posted by DocHolliday
What do you mean by "poor weather"? Dainite is great for mucking about in mud, terrible for ice and other slick, smooth surfaces. Dainite's also not very dressy, if you're looking for something to wear with suits and the like. You'd probably be better off with a non-studded rubber sole or Topy.
Calf can take a pretty good beating from the weather, but it doesn't like road salt. Suede's OK in rain but can be stained by oil and other gunk lurking in puddles/snow. Shell offers great durability, but you have to like the look.
Thanks for that info, Doc. You may have saved me from myself as I didn't quite understand the best use for Dainite and would have likely worn these in icier conditions.
Now I know and...post #10341 of 3332110/7/11 at 7:03amI have a fit question, i take a 10.5 EEE in Allen Edmonds, but i'm looking into the C&J Tetbury chukkas and the Churchs Ryder 3 chukkas. I am only finding them online in E width, would an 11 E width comparably fit me well? I do not have any place near me that i can go try on the shoes to check, but i would like to get some suede chukkas in a slick looking last. AE was not an option for me this time, i did not like the roundness of the Malvern in my size. Some help please?post #10342 of 3332110/7/11 at 10:31ampost #10343 of 3332110/7/11 at 10:33amQuote:
Not really; black cap-toes would be a much better choice. Of course, weddings can vary a lot, so it does depend what everyone else will be wearing.post #10344 of 3332110/7/11 at 10:40ampost #10345 of 3332110/7/11 at 10:57amI bottled out recently and kept with worsted. But I do so like the look and feel of heavy grey flannel suits. Problem: I'm a thigh rubber. Every trouser I have wears out in the crotch and thigh, while the rest of the garment still looks pristine. Everyone says that flannel has poor wear resistance. I've read the recent thread on this subject, but the cure sounds a little hit-and-miss. So, am I tempting fate here? Should I just stick with worsted?
Cheerspost #10346 of 3332110/7/11 at 3:37pmpost #10347 of 3332110/7/11 at 5:03pmpost #10348 of 3332110/7/11 at 6:54pmpost #10349 of 3332110/7/11 at 8:21pmpost #10350 of 3332110/7/11 at 8:52pmI'm buying a few fall/winter sweaters.
I don't have much other thick sweaters besides this one:
So to add another sweater which color would you guys recommend?
I actually have the blue one but should I get something that is more neutral in color like the brown one? I have the blue one right now, and i have one month left to return/exchange it.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1477 Active Users (311 Members and 1166 Guests)
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...