You shouldn't wear a suit jacket with different trousers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:09 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 6/3/15 at 4:58am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:35 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 686post #10276 of 309459/29/11 at 11:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10277 of 309459/29/11 at 11:11am
If there's no pants then it's not a suit.
And as Ich Dien says, a suit jacket should only be worn with the matching trousers. Sometimes you can break this rule without most people caring, such as a navy jacket doubling as a makeshift blazer, but certainly not with anything with pin-stripes.post #10278 of 309459/29/11 at 11:26ampost #10279 of 309459/29/11 at 7:10pmpost #10280 of 309459/29/11 at 7:11pmI would not wear a pinstripe jacket with anything but the matching pants.post #10281 of 309459/29/11 at 8:04pmpost #10282 of 309459/29/11 at 8:34pmpost #10283 of 309459/30/11 at 4:44ampost #10284 of 309459/30/11 at 10:12am
I'm looking to buy a suit for mainly weddings/funerals as my current one fits horribly I've now found out after some research. I'm wondering what my luck or options would be at a mens warehouse type store with my size (which I'm not sure of). I'm about 5'11" 195 athletic build and I'd guess chest would be in the 40-42 range? Would I have a lot of options finding something off the rack or any suggestions of what to look for or feel, in the fit? Also wondering what type of quality I would want to get since this will probably only be worn 3-4 times a year. So it doesn't need to be an everyday suit in terms of durability, but I don't want it to look extremely cheap obviously.
I'm hoping to find something decent in the $300-500 range and then bring it to a tailor friend of mine to fit it better. I don't want a $1500 suit, (actually I do, I just can't afford to pay for one) but just something that looks nice and fits extremely well. Any advice for a fashion-impaired guy?post #10285 of 309459/30/11 at 3:21pmpost #10286 of 309459/30/11 at 5:00pmpost #10287 of 309459/30/11 at 9:04pmpost #10288 of 3094510/1/11 at 5:16amQuote:
Pleated are considered at the moment, by the general public, as less fashionable and for older people. But this doesn't mean they can't be worn, you just have to be careful with the cut and make sure they fit well.post #10289 of 3094510/1/11 at 10:32am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Recent purchases - Part II 16 seconds ago
- › Zegna "Trofeo" Lightweight Wool Summer Pattern Sportcoat Size 36! 44 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 46 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 3 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...