I've visited the shop several times over the years and had multiple orders with them. Usually I've heard from them by now. Thanks for any help.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:01 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 686post #10276 of 321909/29/11 at 11:26am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10277 of 321909/29/11 at 7:10pmpost #10278 of 321909/29/11 at 7:11pmI would not wear a pinstripe jacket with anything but the matching pants.post #10279 of 321909/29/11 at 8:04pmpost #10280 of 321909/29/11 at 8:34pmpost #10281 of 321909/30/11 at 4:44ampost #10282 of 321909/30/11 at 10:12am
I'm looking to buy a suit for mainly weddings/funerals as my current one fits horribly I've now found out after some research. I'm wondering what my luck or options would be at a mens warehouse type store with my size (which I'm not sure of). I'm about 5'11" 195 athletic build and I'd guess chest would be in the 40-42 range? Would I have a lot of options finding something off the rack or any suggestions of what to look for or feel, in the fit? Also wondering what type of quality I would want to get since this will probably only be worn 3-4 times a year. So it doesn't need to be an everyday suit in terms of durability, but I don't want it to look extremely cheap obviously.
I'm hoping to find something decent in the $300-500 range and then bring it to a tailor friend of mine to fit it better. I don't want a $1500 suit, (actually I do, I just can't afford to pay for one) but just something that looks nice and fits extremely well. Any advice for a fashion-impaired guy?post #10283 of 321909/30/11 at 3:21pmpost #10284 of 321909/30/11 at 5:00pmpost #10285 of 321909/30/11 at 9:04pmpost #10286 of 3219010/1/11 at 5:16amQuote:
Pleated are considered at the moment, by the general public, as less fashionable and for older people. But this doesn't mean they can't be worn, you just have to be careful with the cut and make sure they fit well.post #10287 of 3219010/1/11 at 10:32ampost #10288 of 3219010/1/11 at 11:05ampost #10289 of 3219010/1/11 at 12:19pmpost #10290 of 3219010/1/11 at 1:05pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 2 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 10 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...