or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 679

post #10171 of 30727
I'd say tan bag is fine, a bit safari though..
post #10172 of 30727

I'm searching for a nice pullover (preferably Angora) for not more than 200$/150€ (online!)

 

Any suggestions? 

 

Examples:

Picture 1

Picture 2

The right one

Picture 4

Lovely color

 

Thanks in advance!

post #10173 of 30727
I came across a black DB trench coat in a thrift yesterday with no label other than the size (40R) and the fabric content/care instructions. No country of origin and no maker's label. It had a blue felt liner that buttoned in instead of zipping. It also had a detachable blue felt collar that buttoned on above the real collar. There were two inside buttons for the db and the belt had additional strapping to hole it in place in the belt loops. All of the buckles on the straps were black but the color was wearing off to show some ivory underneath.

It looked like this, exactly except for the color of the lining and there was no coat hook chain.

674

Honestly, it looked 30 years old if a day but was in very good condition. The thing that jumps out, though, is that the raincoat's main lining was in a Burberry print! Would an older model not have a label? I can't even see where it may have been removed. The whole thing was probably the highest quality piece of rainwear I've ever tried on.

Any opinions?
post #10174 of 30727
Probably Burberry. Mighta been removed, or they might not have bothered at that point. A lot of high quality menswear prides itself on staying discrete, burberry very well might have been one of those at one point.

Also, let this be a lesson to you: if it's high quality and you like it, buy it regardless of the brand. Odds are that coat isn't there anymore.
post #10175 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

if it's high quality and you like it, buy it regardless of the brand.

+1

It might even be by a brand which doesn't exist anymore, but if it's good quality and looks good then who cares who made it...
Edited by Sanguis Mortuum - 9/23/11 at 9:30am
post #10176 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Am I missing something on the Brooks Brothers Friends and Family sale or are several items more expensive during this sale?  One example are the wool gabardine trousers, which are normally 2 for $230 ($115 per pair), but are now $126 (25% off the $168 price) and no discount for buying two pairs.  Same goes with shirts, which are more expenisve now than if I use the 3 for $220 deal and my corporate 15% membership.  Am I missing something?


I was able to purchase four sweaters at the normal two-for $499 price x 2 and using discount code 11FRIEND I obtained the 25% discount also - 09FRIEND didn't work for me. I recall reading on the BB site that one can't bundle the corporate and friends & family discounts, but you know it's always worth a go.
post #10177 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

Probably Burberry. Mighta been removed, or they might not have bothered at that point. A lot of high quality menswear prides itself on staying discrete, burberry very well might have been one of those at one point.

Also, let this be a lesson to you: if it's high quality and you like it, buy it regardless of the brand. Odds are that coat isn't there anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post


+1

It might even be by a brand which doesn't exist anymore, but if it's good quality and looks good then who cares who made it...

You guys are probably right since it's been raining torrents this morning. I drove by on the way to somewhere else but didn't stop back in to check. As good as it looked on me, it seems that somewhere in the past two months, I've become a size 38 and I'm trying to be more selective in my thrifting. It either fits, is extremely flippable or it goes back on the rack.

My question was more informational than anything else, I guess.
post #10178 of 30727
Looking for a recommendation for suit hangers. Not looking to win any awards for quality but want something decent and good value. Thanks in advance.
post #10179 of 30727
Look on Buy and Sell, there are several people trying to sell theirs.
post #10180 of 30727
My new black Kenneth cole suit has pee stains on it, what do I do?
post #10181 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander View Post

My new black Kenneth cole suit has pee stains on it, what do I do?

Depends...
post #10182 of 30727
Sounds like urine real trouble.
post #10183 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander View Post

My new black Kenneth cole suit has pee stains on it, what do I do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post


Depends...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

Sounds like urine real trouble.

omg
you guys rock
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #10184 of 30727

I just bought a pair of Varvatos shoes, after wearing them for a couple hours I realized they're too tight in the right foot (left is fine).  They only come in length sizes, not width.  It's hard to say by how much they're too tight, but I can't imagine it's by much (i've never had shoes that were too tight before).  They were a one-off, half price at the Rack, so I can't size up... should I just return them or will they stretch?  They're suede, and I'm pretty sad I might have to bring them back.

post #10185 of 30727

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

I just bought a pair of Varvatos shoes, after wearing them for a couple hours I realized they're too tight in the right foot (left is fine).  They only come in length sizes, not width.  It's hard to say by how much they're too tight, but I can't imagine it's by much (i've never had shoes that were too tight before).  They were a one-off, half price at the Rack, so I can't size up... should I just return them or will they stretch?  They're suede, and I'm pretty sad I might have to bring them back.


You can stretch leather shoes a little in the width, just be careful that you do it only a little at a time so you don't do it too much. Either buy a shoe stretcher or take them to a cobbler.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)