• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Furniture Sales

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since no one else will start a furniture sale thread, I will.

DWR has a warehouse furniture sale at the annex in Secaucus. This isn't in NYC but there is a shuttle from the Soho store.

http://www.dwr.com/category/warehouse+sale.do

When:
Saturday, September 27, 10am-6pm
Sunday, September 28, 10am-6pm
The sale will be restocked daily.

Where:
DWR Annex
55 Hartz Way
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Phone: 201.325.8411

How:
A free shuttle bus will leave for Secaucus approximately on the hour, 10am-4pm daily, from the DWR: Tools for Living store in SoHo. The last shuttle back to Manhattan will leave the Annex at 5pm. Find the DWR: Tools for Living store.

Sale tips:
"¢ Without wheels? Hop on the shuttle to New Jersey from SoHo. (At the sale, delivery service will be available, so you don't have to carry your new sofa home on the bus.) Kindly respect city living - our shuttle will be continuously going to and from the Annex, so there may be a delay depending on traffic conditions.
"¢ Safety first. If you bring your own vehicle, be sure to bring rope and blankets to safely secure your purchases. Truck rentals are available from U-Haul, Budget Truck Rental and Ryder.
"¢ Bring a tape measure. And measure your space ahead of time to be sure you're getting a sofa, chair or table that will fit.
"¢ Arrive with an open mind. You'll find product samples, discontinued colors and other pieces that aren't in DWR's regular assortment.

Details:
All merchandise is sold as is, and all sales are final. Items must be removed from the premises the same day. A delivery service will be available, for a fee. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, checks or cash.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another missed opportunity at reduced Cassina furniture? Perhaps.

Goddamned NYers.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back, things I saw were about 20% off. Shipping $120 for the first item and $30 for each additional item.

Eames Lounge and Ottoman in leather around $2800-3k+ originally around 4k. They had leather Barcelona chairs and plywood Eames but don't remember the cost. Was thinking about the Mini Toleomeo lamps for $249 down from $300+ but only in black/white. I was looking for the Chadwick chair, but they only had the high task chair for $599 down from $700+ and not the regular chair.

I guess furniture doesn't get that cut rate sales? I'm too used to the it's not a good deal until it is 80% off. *sigh*

I left after a sudden crush of people (presumably via the shuttle).

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good thread. We have been this type of sales in the Manhattan sales alert thread in the MC forum. Should have added "furnishing" to the title so we can post Frette, Pratesi, Christofle... sales.

Originally Posted by kronik
Another missed opportunity at reduced Cassina furniture? Perhaps.

Goddamned NYers.

I was there. I posted a report in another thread. Some very good pieces (Le Corbusier, Saarinen) at pretty good discounts (40-70% off).

Artimide also has pretty good warehouse sale once or twice a year. The Frank Lloyd Wright Taliesin chair was on sale several months ago at Scott Jordan.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I posted about it hoping that someone would pick up a Cassina LC4 for me at 50%+ off.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must have missed your your post. But I don't remember seeing the LC4, only the chair and sofa, so you didn't miss anything.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Good thread. We have been this type of sales in the Manhattan sales alert thread in the MC forum. Should have added "furnishing" to the title so we can post Frette, Pratesi, Christofle... sales.

Yeah I know but I figured it was time to have a thread in the correct subforum. We can post furnishings on this thread too.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Yea, I posted about it hoping that someone would pick up a Cassina LC4 for me at 50%+ off.

There're 4 or 5 LC4 at DWR Annex 25-50% off. One in cowhide & the rest in leather & canvass. You may want to give them a call for a shipping quote.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, I just called DWR Annex (thanks for the heads up, VR).

They had a cowhide, a cognac, and a canvas he said but the discounts were quoted at 20%? Perhaps I should have you go buy in person for me? The hell. I'm most interested in a black one anyways but that is a tad offputting.
wink.gif

The hunt continues.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It may have been 20% off, my quick mental note was probably off. The one in classic pony (which they listed as cowhide) is 50% off but it's missing the headrest, you could talk them into giving you the headrest from the other piece. The store takes further discount if pieces sit unsold but a SA told me LC pieces don't usually sit there long enough for further cuts. New shipments keep coming in, so keep checking with store.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Design Within Reach is awful stuff, uncomfortable and overpriced.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril

But it is 20% off.
sly.gif

mussel

Reaction score
Damn you all. SF is a very bad influence. I was content with C&B, I am now looking at Corbusier, Saarinen pieces at Cassina & DWR for a complete upgrade of my living room.
plain.gif

Originally Posted by johnapril

What'd you recommend?

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pratesi
Sat., Oct. 18th - Mon., Oct. 20th
9:00am - 6:30pm Daily
317 West 33rd Street, NYC

Artemide & Conran Shop
Fri., Oct. 17th - Sun., Oct. 19th
11am - 6pm
54 Greene St., NYC

Baxter & Liebchen
Sat., Oct. 18th - Sun., Oct 26th
10am - 6pm Daily
33 Jay St., Brooklyn

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who wants to pick me up a black Tolomeo desk? Hmmmm?
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads