or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Slowear Paris
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slowear Paris

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Anyone who feels like paying full price for Incotex trousers might be interested to know that a Slowear boutique will be opening on the Rue Royale in Paris this October. Has anyone been to their other shops in Milan or Tokyo?
post #2 of 13
What is wrong with paying the full price? Incotex makes some very nice trousers!
post #3 of 13
Not when they're almost always on sale here
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Nothing wrong with paying full price, Incotex makes my favourite trousers. It's just there have been so many threads recently on finding this brand at reduced prices I wondered if there was anyone left who paid "boutique prices."
post #5 of 13
I was just reading about them in the September issue of Monocle. I was particularly interested in their Montedoro line of jackets with a more relaxed casual styling. Does anyone know where to get them in the USA??? I really like that look.
post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
I like Montedoro jackets and rainwear. They're nicely slim-fitting and decently constructed but quite expensive. Yoox often has items on sale, but I don't know about other US outlets...
post #7 of 13
Thanks for the intel. I've been to their boutique in Milan several times and left with a handful each of shirts (Zanone, Glanshirt), sweaters (Zanone), and pants (Incotex).

BTW, the Milan store does not stock wool Incotex for the most part; that requires a factory order, which can be done - at full price - there or at any Incotex retailer. The Slowear boutiques stock primarily cotton pants, which go on sale during January and July. At full price, Incotex wool pants cost roughly €240 in Europe including VAT, which is cheaper than what I saw them sold at Neimans in the US.

Sale items in the States seem to be priced similarly to sale boutique items in Europe, post VAT refund, unless you get the deep-discount US sale items.

The advantages to buying from a Slowear boutique in Europe are size depth, selection breadth, and slim fit availability.

I look forward to visiting the Paris store.
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHD View Post
Nothing wrong with paying full price, Incotex makes my favourite trousers. It's just there have been so many threads recently on finding this brand at reduced prices I wondered if there was anyone left who paid "boutique prices."
It is typically SF. Many people around here want exclusivity for low prices.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post
I was just reading about them in the September issue of Monocle. I was particularly interested in their Montedoro line of jackets with a more relaxed casual styling. Does anyone know where to get them in the USA??? I really like that look.

Picture bump:

Montedoro www.slowear.com



The marketing story
It was born in 1958 as a specialist in the creation of raincoats. An experience that has been enriched by prestigious collaborations with some of the names that later made Italian fashion famous. It is a sophisticated metropolitan reinterpretation of sportswear and now it offers also coats and informal jackets. This is a modern, exclusive and unique product. The sportswear to be used during 'those five days separating us from the weekend'.





















Edit: picture added.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post
Picture bump:
- they also recently opened in HK.
- nice jacket will have to look for that one.. I think I need another navy jacket -
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post
- they also recently opened in HK.
- nice jacket will have to look for that one.. I think I need another navy jacket -

Thank you. It's very strong and practical (and heavy: it weighs almost 2kg). And combined with a scarf and gloves you can easily wear it in winter. When you take the inside jacket out when the weather gets warmer, you can adjust the waist of the jacket by pulling the horn 'wedges'; so you can be your own tailor.
post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
Nice jacket. I have one in a heavy navy cotton, lightly padded, as well as a summer version in light khaki cotton. Is yours autumn-winter 2009?
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHD View Post
Nice jacket. I have one in a heavy navy cotton, lightly padded, as well as a summer version in light khaki cotton. Is yours autumn-winter 2009?

I think it's a/w 2008.

To give others an idea of the 'finish level': the inner jacket is connected to the jacket with fifteen (horn) buttons.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Slowear Paris