or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 646

post #9676 of 14586
its a cool coat. i like better w/o hood, but practically if its really cold, the hood may help. no idean on price tho.
post #9677 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

^Without a hood. I guess that's almost like a dressy "M65.

Nice jacket. Definitely worth $500 if you like it. Ballantyne is nice quality. Probably retails for $2k

+1. That's from the "Lord Midas" eBay store, yeah? They have quite a few nice pieces, I've always been a little hesitant to pull the trigger though.
post #9678 of 14586

Thanks for the advice.  I don't know why, but I thought this style of jacket would look better with a concealed hood (zipped and stored under the collar), like for the M65, but I will defer to the wisdom of Ballantyne for designing it without a hood.

 

As for pricing, I can find nothing online about Ballantyne pricing.  I don't live in London or NYC or Milano to check out what they retail for in the stores, so any advice or information or links gratefully appreciated!   

post #9679 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil10 View Post


+1. That's from the "Lord Midas" eBay store, yeah? They have quite a few nice pieces, I've always been a little hesitant to pull the trigger though.

 

That is correct, that's where I saw it.   Is it a reasonable price?  i'd prefer not to buy on ebay, but I can't find this jacket anywhere in an online store (Barneys, Neimans, etc), so I don't know what the retail is around, but jrd617 says around 2k.  I guess Ballantyne is not big on online sales?

post #9680 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelyork View Post

Thanks for the advice.  I don't know why, but I thought this style of jacket would look better with a concealed hood (zipped and stored under the collar), like for the M65, but I will defer to the wisdom of Ballantyne for designing it without a hood.

As for pricing, I can find nothing online about Ballantyne pricing.  I don't live in London or NYC or Milano to check out what they retail for in the stores, so any advice or information or links gratefully appreciated!   

Obviously depends on the fabric, but Ballantyne tends to be pretty expensive. It's hard to judge that particular piece though, as we don't know the fabric, weight, etc., whereas they have a cardigan I'm lusting after in a serious way that I can tell from the photos is more than worth the ask.
post #9681 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil10 View Post


Obviously depends on the fabric, but Ballantyne tends to be pretty expensive. It's hard to judge that particular piece though, as we don't know the fabric, weight, etc., whereas they have a cardigan I'm lusting after in a serious way that I can tell from the photos is more than worth the ask.

 

I searched for it online, but could not find it anywhere.  

Frankly, I could find only a very few men's Ballantyne jackets at online stores!

post #9682 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelyork View Post

That is correct, that's where I saw it.   Is it a reasonable price?  i'd prefer not to buy on ebay, but I can't find this jacket anywhere in an online store (Barneys, Neimans, etc), so I don't know what the retail is around, but jrd617 says around 2k.  I guess Ballantyne is not big on online sales?

Assuming it is at least 100% wool, yeah, $500 seems reasonable for that piece if a Ballantyne. Check the return policy, I think they are on the more liberal side of eBay shops.

Edit: we're clogging the thread here-if you have any additional questions you think I specifically can answer, PM me.
post #9683 of 14586
Today I got 10 of these in:

hanger-project-felted-trouser-hanger.jpg

This:

Omninettoyant_1.jpg

And this suede brush. Horn handle icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/suede-cleaning-brush.html#.UTBDjKUQbng
Quote:
Suede-Cleaning-Brush.jpg
post #9684 of 14586
made to measure shirts came in (well, to buddy holding stuff for me)!!

post #9685 of 14586
Collar on the white Tom Ford is money.
post #9686 of 14586
Basic knits

yOXUsAk.jpg

g7LqD0d.jpg

- the blue is not as saturated as it comes across here, though still lighter than navy.
post #9687 of 14586
Nice, Kaplan. Fit okay?
post #9688 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

Collar on the white Tom Ford is money.

this. wow that is nice.

nice sweaters, K.

cool acccccesssoriez, jrd.
post #9689 of 14586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Basic knits





- the blue is not as saturated as it comes across here, though still lighter than navy.

Wow. Really love these. Where did you buy them from?

post #9690 of 14586
Thanks guys. From Frans Boone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Nice, Kaplan. Fit okay?

Fit is perfect, definitely my favourite sweaters right now. Love the lambswool look with the merino softness icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases