lol, i should have offered that, but i thought it would be rude. i offered 350 and they accepted.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Purchases - Page 618
Styleforum Top Picks
Can you please tell me if this suit is fits right? Is it OK?
First set of photos are jacket buttoned, second set is jacket open.
Please excuse the fact that nothing is hemmed, basting threads not removed, etc.
Any advice most gratefully appreciated!!
Also--if there is a better thread to ask this--please re-direct me, thank you.
@sparrow Yes, the pants are baggy! It's Ralph Lauren purple label from 2010, and the guy at the store assured me that the styles don't change, that is 2008's cut is identical to 2010 to 2012. I suppose I could alter the pants, but I really don't want to go questioning Ralph Lauren's wisdom.
Yes, I should post pics with hemmed pants, jacket vents unstitched (it hugs otherwise instead of hanging freely), etc. But I first need to know if this is a keeper.
Also, I am 30. I work in banking. I would use this for average occasions (not special occasions, but not a slum-day with no client meetings).
Is this an old guy suit?
1. @sparrow Yes, the pants are baggy! It's Ralph Lauren purple label from 2010, and the guy at the store assured me that the styles don't change, that is 2008's cut is identical to 2010 to 2012. I suppose I could alter the pants, but I really don't want to go questioning Ralph Lauren's wisdom.
2. Yes, I should post pics with hemmed pants, jacket vents unstitched (it hugs otherwise instead of hanging freely), etc. But I first need to know if this is a keeper.
3. Also, I am 30. I work in banking. I would use this for average occasions (not special occasions, but not a slum-day with no client meetings).
4. Is this an old guy suit?
1. FWIW, "the guy at the store" (you say it is from 2010, so I assume "the guy at the store" is not a RL SA) is wrong. RLPL cuts do change, particularly based on the actual maker, and RLPL is getting slimmer by the season (F/W 2012 was particularly slim for RLPL, not Black Label slim, but slimmer than past RLPL). Custom fit has also been around for a bit, which is a more aggressive cut. That said, you can always have the pants narrowed if you'd like, not a big deal.
2. We don't know what you paid for it so can't comment on value, but I'd say it's a keeper bearing in mind that some alterations need to be made (inter alia, chest could be cleaned up some imho). If you decide otherwise, PM me as it might be my size.
3. Good to know. Also good to know. Ok.
4. No. Notwithstanding, who gives a shit, as: (1) it is a very, very well made suit; (2) it appears to fit you pretty well now and will almost surely fit quite well once altered; and (3) you like it.
- Recent Purchases
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 39 seconds ago
- › Why i will never buy from Oki Ni again. 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...