lol, i should have offered that, but i thought it would be rude. i offered 350 and they accepted.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Purchases - Page 618
Styleforum Top Picks
Can you please tell me if this suit is fits right? Is it OK?
First set of photos are jacket buttoned, second set is jacket open.
Please excuse the fact that nothing is hemmed, basting threads not removed, etc.
Any advice most gratefully appreciated!!
Also--if there is a better thread to ask this--please re-direct me, thank you.
@sparrow Yes, the pants are baggy! It's Ralph Lauren purple label from 2010, and the guy at the store assured me that the styles don't change, that is 2008's cut is identical to 2010 to 2012. I suppose I could alter the pants, but I really don't want to go questioning Ralph Lauren's wisdom.
Yes, I should post pics with hemmed pants, jacket vents unstitched (it hugs otherwise instead of hanging freely), etc. But I first need to know if this is a keeper.
Also, I am 30. I work in banking. I would use this for average occasions (not special occasions, but not a slum-day with no client meetings).
Is this an old guy suit?
1. @sparrow Yes, the pants are baggy! It's Ralph Lauren purple label from 2010, and the guy at the store assured me that the styles don't change, that is 2008's cut is identical to 2010 to 2012. I suppose I could alter the pants, but I really don't want to go questioning Ralph Lauren's wisdom.
2. Yes, I should post pics with hemmed pants, jacket vents unstitched (it hugs otherwise instead of hanging freely), etc. But I first need to know if this is a keeper.
3. Also, I am 30. I work in banking. I would use this for average occasions (not special occasions, but not a slum-day with no client meetings).
4. Is this an old guy suit?
1. FWIW, "the guy at the store" (you say it is from 2010, so I assume "the guy at the store" is not a RL SA) is wrong. RLPL cuts do change, particularly based on the actual maker, and RLPL is getting slimmer by the season (F/W 2012 was particularly slim for RLPL, not Black Label slim, but slimmer than past RLPL). Custom fit has also been around for a bit, which is a more aggressive cut. That said, you can always have the pants narrowed if you'd like, not a big deal.
2. We don't know what you paid for it so can't comment on value, but I'd say it's a keeper bearing in mind that some alterations need to be made (inter alia, chest could be cleaned up some imho). If you decide otherwise, PM me as it might be my size.
3. Good to know. Also good to know. Ok.
4. No. Notwithstanding, who gives a shit, as: (1) it is a very, very well made suit; (2) it appears to fit you pretty well now and will almost surely fit quite well once altered; and (3) you like it.
- Recent Purchases
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 19 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 43 seconds ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 1 minute ago
- › Homage watch - Rolex Daytona 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw