or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 494

post #7396 of 14900
Quote:

Very awesome thread & tie, Stitches. Congratz!
post #7397 of 14900
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

Very awesome thread & tie, Stitches. Congratz!

why thank you, kind sir. smile.gif
post #7398 of 14900
Awesome tie. Great find and Kop.
post #7399 of 14900
fing02[1].gif thanks, tits!
post #7400 of 14900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

spent about 3 hours at stf today, thanks again Ian you're the man
5Vxa7l.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

^ I have both of those Barbas


Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

JET!! MY DUDE!!!
excellent selections. i have the one on the right, and the one on the left is on the way.
fistbump.gif
edit - lol@jrd im not surprised in the least.

I also have the one on the right. I prefer my collars a little more spread, but lovely shirt none the less.
post #7401 of 14900
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post

I also have the one on the right. I prefer my collars a little more spread, but lovely shirt none the less.

funny thing i have noticed about my barbas. when i get them in the wrapping, the collar looks good, not great, but then when i wear it, buttoned and with a tie, they are fantastic.

ITS LIKE MAGIC!!!
post #7402 of 14900
Those of you guys who have barba, finamore, borrelli is the fit consistent across? For instance would a 16 slim in barba correspond to the same type of fit in the others? The other brands have some colors I want.
post #7403 of 14900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Those of you guys who have barba, finamore, borrelli is the fit consistent across? For instance would a 16 slim in barba correspond to the same type of fit in the others? The other brands have some colors I want.

Not really.
post #7404 of 14900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Those of you guys who have barba, finamore, borrelli is the fit consistent across? For instance would a 16 slim in barba correspond to the same type of fit in the others? The other brands have some colors I want.

ime, barba and borrelli are very similar, tho borrelli almost always has shorter arms, iirc, which is good for me. as to other measurement, they are pretty similar, but not exactly the same. not enough to matter for me. i dont need the fit to be to the quarter inch exact. the main thing for me is chest, waist and across back. in each of those i have a range of about 1 inch +/-. that is good enough for me.

finamore, i find in my size, are almost always at least 1.5 inches +, smaller, across the back, so i have yet to try it. i am afraid it will be too tight. if i size up to get a good body fit, the neck size will be way too big. one time ill give it a try.

also, ian has excellent measurements on all his shirts under the "details" tab. once you learn what range works for you, you are in good shape to buy without trying on.
post #7405 of 14900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Those of you guys who have barba, finamore, borrelli is the fit consistent across? For instance would a 16 slim in barba correspond to the same type of fit in the others? The other brands have some colors I want.

 

They are really all over the place. In my experience Finamore and Borrelli are similar and Barbas are broader in the shoulders. I'm a small dude with a thick neck so all of my shirts get darts and the sides taken in so I can't comment on the body. You have to watch out for the collar measurements too because some are comically large.

post #7406 of 14900
Thanks for the info guys, I do know the finamore have smaller shoulders but the one shirt I tried was very wide then again I'm sure it wasn't a slim fit.

Seems like measurements still vary widely between the slim and extra slim.
post #7407 of 14900
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

You have to watch out for the collar measurements too because some are comically large.

plain.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Thanks for the info guys, I do know the finamore have smaller shoulders but the one shirt I tried was very wide then again I'm sure it wasn't a slim fit.
Seems like measurements still vary widely between the slim and extra slim.

sounds like you got it figured out. happy shopping!
post #7408 of 14900
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

plain.gif

 

I got a Finamore shirt once, that was clearly returned previously, that the SPREAD collar points basically went down to my chest. It was like something from Goodfellas. I should have taken a picture of it before I sent it back for future lulz.

post #7409 of 14900
I have good sized shoulders and the barba slim fit pretty much spot in, they could be slightly narrower and wouldn't look out of place I don't think. The approach is the make a list of stock numbers and have Ian just find me everything to try on while I sip espresso sup Ian lol8[1].gif
post #7410 of 14900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

I have good sized shoulders and the barba slim fit pretty much spot in, they could be slightly narrower and wouldn't look out of place I don't think. The approach is the make a list of stock numbers and have Ian just find me everything to try on while I sip espresso sup Ian lol8[1].gif

im sure your shoulders are lovely. mwink[1].gif

i hate you cali folks, you all have it so easy. angry.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases