or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 481

post #7201 of 14797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

The Leven lambswool? In Moorland colour? While it says it starts at size 40, it doesn't seem to be on the drop down menu...

Damn! (Excusez le mot). I was going to keep the Moorland, but none of the colours seem to be available in size 40. Thanks for noticing. I'll send an email...
post #7202 of 14797
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Lockie Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
v52Xw.jpg

likie
post #7203 of 14797
I took delivery of the Crockett & Jones Skye 2 last week, but I haven't had the opportunity to take any proper photos until today, so here they are. Cross post from the C&J thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezero View Post

We finally got a "sunny" day over here in my part of Sweden, so I had the opportunity to take a few shots of my Skye 2. They've been worn around the house for a bit, so they aren't exactly pristine. No post editing except for cropping. Enjoy.
More pictures. (Click to show)



post #7204 of 14797

Beautiful boots, Jakezero!  How does the quality of the shell compare with the Meermin you recently purchased?  I assume the C&J is better, but am curious how much better.

post #7205 of 14797
those are some cool boots.
post #7206 of 14797

I have an Epaulet purchase coming in this evening bounce2.gif

post #7207 of 14797
Today: A Roberto Collina EX Fine Merino and Angora sweater, smoked MOP buttons and cuffed sleeves.
I also picked up a silk waistcoat with MOP buttons from a local tailor called Orhan. Not too bad.
I also bought these Hand sewn Kid skin, Cashmere lined gloves form Madova. Arrived a few days back. Just wearing them in.










post #7208 of 14797
What's a good source for Madova gloves? Their own on-line shop seems to have rather limited sizes and selection...
post #7209 of 14797

I'd say it's either their e-shop or a trip to the shop in Italy.

post #7210 of 14797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

What's a good source for Madova gloves? Their own on-line shop seems to have rather limited sizes and selection...

Their webshop, if you send them an email they may have additional sizes and colors.
post #7211 of 14797
Seem to have most stuff in my size, 9. Going for the Lambswool ones next as I lost my CJ Snowdon's about a two weeks ago.
The size 9 from them fits as good as the bespoke from CJ and I will get them faster.
They seem to be short on the sale stuff. However, that's to be expected.
I don't really know where you can purchase them in London under the Madova name. I should think they supply to stores as CJ do, but who I don't know.
post #7212 of 14797
^ Thanks guys.

(Btw, that last post was a bit confusing at first, as C&J also has a Snowdon model, until I realised you said CJ, not C&J smile.gif )
post #7213 of 14797

If you don't see your size, e-mail them and they will add it to the site and you can then go in and order. There is a 'stock chart' somewhere on the page listing what color combos / sizes are currently in stock, but in theory anything can be added per your request.

 

Dan e gee, how are you liking the elasticated cuff? I wanted to try those but was a bit put off by the cuff detail, so I went with the regular piquet stitched ones. And is that the tan or dark tan?

post #7214 of 14797
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Beautiful boots, Jakezero!  How does the quality of the shell compare with the Meermin you recently purchased?  I assume the C&J is better, but am curious how much better.

Thank you, I am apparently the first owner in Scandinavia according to C&J. The shell from Meermin can't compare to the Horween cordovan, the Argentinian cordovan that Meermin uses is, at least in my pair, far stiffer, dryer and seems to contain less oils. Pretty solid leather for the money, but it's not as beautiful and supple as the Horween.
post #7215 of 14797
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

If you don't see your size, e-mail them and they will add it to the site and you can then go in and order. There is a 'stock chart' somewhere on the page listing what color combos / sizes are currently in stock, but in theory anything can be added per your request.

Dan e gee, how are you liking the elasticated cuff? I wanted to try those but was a bit put off by the cuff detail, so I went with the regular piquet stitched ones. And is that the tan or dark tan?

That's the tan believe it or not. They were a bit lighter at first, but a few days wearing them in they have turned darker.
As for the elasticated cuff, it is located in a perfect position just below the joint . It keeps them tight , fingers right to top, and keeps them from riding up ( as I have found with my other un elasticated pairs) I don't have to keep pushing them down - you know, the push down in between the fingers with the other hand's in between the fingers movement. smile.gif
As for the aesthetics of the elasticated cuff, It doesn't really notice that much when their on anyway. I'm really happy with it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases