or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 473

post #7081 of 14587
I dont know about these days but earlier Bodileys and Pediwear used to have free shipping while CJ used to charge for the same. These days I don't think both f them have a lot f stock ....
post #7082 of 14587
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

What is the difference between going to CJ directly and buying through some other store?

the prices in london are better than US, and they deduct the VAT when shipping abroad. brings the prices on par with the discount places online, or so i think.

ALSO! did you see that i osent back one of my OCBDs in exchange for the one you recommended? smile.gif
post #7083 of 14587
How much was the shipping ?
post #7084 of 14587
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

Selection, I'd imagine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

I dont know about these days but earlier Bodileys and Pediwear used to have free shipping while CJ used to charge for the same. These days I don't think both f them have a lot f stock ....

also this. bodileys seems to have a better selection, but pediwear is pretty bare atm, or last i checked anyways.

pediwear currently charges shipping, bodileys does not.
post #7085 of 14587
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

How much was the shipping ?

maybe 50 bucks? again tho, shoes, trees and shipping, was still cheaper than only shoes from nyc store. i am happy with my decision. also, pediwear was out of stuck on them, and i had totally forgotten about bodileys.
post #7086 of 14587
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

brings the prices on par with the discount places online, or so i think.

Now that everyone's favorite Southeast Asian connect no longer exists, I find the selection and depth of discounts to be a bit disappointing. Might have to try your method.
post #7087 of 14587
I am solid CJ fan but there are so many options these days from vass MTO at 680 usd to carmina at 300 euros to AS at 300 gbp.
post #7088 of 14587
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

Now that everyone's favorite Southeast Asian connect no longer exists, I find the selection and depth of discounts to be a bit disappointing. Might have to try your method.

plal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

I am solid CJ fan but there are so many options these days from vass MTO at 680 usd to carmina at 300 euros to AS at 300 gbp.

would you not put CJ on par with those? besides maybe vass. prices is about equal to AS and carmina.
post #7089 of 14587
It was meant as a comparison of quality. I meant that there is a lot of choice now especially since CJ seem to be in shortage at the online retailers
post #7090 of 14587
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

plal?
would you not put CJ on par with those? besides maybe vass. prices is about equal to AS and carmina.

That's the one. And I would, personally, put C&J above Carmina (due to consistency in QC), on-par with AS and below Vass.
post #7091 of 14587
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

It was meant as a comparison of quality. I meant that there is a lot of choice now especially since CJ seem to be in shortage at the online retailers

ah, got it. thankfully, yes, there are lts of great shoe options these days. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

That's the one. And I would, personally, put C&J above Carmina (due to consistency in QC), on-par with AS and below Vass.

i would agree with all, but might put CJ ahead of AS in general, aside from the higher end AS stuff. though admittedly, i dont have a ton of AS hands on experience.
post #7092 of 14587
I only have one pair of AS, and they are Handgrades, so my knowledge is also a bit limited. That said, head-to-head, I find AS Hangrades to be nicer than C&J Hand Grades (of which I have multiple pairs). Though this might just be my personal preference in terms of detailing and finishing...
post #7093 of 14587
interesting, i too have 1 pair of AS handgrade, and i think id give a slight edge to the CJs that i have. well, to each their own.

youre the Cyber Eliitist, so ill defer to your knowledge on this one. wink.gif
post #7094 of 14587

From my main man davesmith, thank you!

 

700

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

 

post #7095 of 14587
What the f is a cyber eliitist ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases