or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Purchases - Page 468

post #7006 of 14965

Kempton. Classic chukkas with normal black rubber sole, will work with everything. 

post #7007 of 14965
I prefer Kempton's warmer shade of brown.
post #7008 of 14965
The ones that fit the best ;-)

The Kempton looks a bit like a slimmer C&J Chiltern, which I have and like very much.

I don't think I mind the red sole of the Lennox but I'm not too fond of the stitching detail.
post #7009 of 14965
Thanks, so far. Ideally, I'd have the Lennox's with the Dainite sole, but that's not an option. I prefer the Lennox model: lower, two pairs of eyelets in stead of three, and I like the stitching.
post #7010 of 14965
I would personally go with the Pimlico, the capital last is IMO much nicher than the 026.
post #7011 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

The ones that fit the best ;-)
The Kempton looks a bit like a slimmer C&J Chiltern, which I have and like very much.
I don't think I mind the red sole of the Lennox but I'm not too fond of the stitching detail.

Ha. We were writing at the same time... I don't mind the red sole either, but I already have two pairs of red soled shoes. I don't want it too slim; I'm not interested in my Tetbury's anymore...
post #7012 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

I would personally go with the Pimlico, the capital last is IMO much nicher than the 026.

+ 1

post #7013 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

I would personally go with the Pimlico, the capital last is IMO much nicher than the 026.

Thanks. In what sense? I'm not looking for a sleek, "dressy" chukka.

The dark brown of the Pimlico seems bit boring to me.
post #7014 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Ha. We were writing at the same time... I don't mind the red sole either, but I already have two pairs of red soled shoes. I don't want it too slim; I'm not interested in my Tetbury's anymore...

:-) Good for you on the Tetburys. I was initially drawn to the 348 last but skipped it as I never liked how the fit/looked on my feet. Don't mind how it looks on others and I'm going to see a movie tonight where this one dude apparently wears a few 348 lasted shoes.

Speaking of chukkas, I've been thinking of getting a pair of Playboy Originals or Sanders Playboy...
post #7015 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

:-) Good for you on the Tetburys. I was initially drawn to the 348 last but skipped it as I never liked how the fit/looked on my feet. Don't mind how it looks on others and I'm going to see a movie tonight where this one dude apparently wears a few 348 lasted shoes.

Same here. I had to (half) size up on the Tetbury's, because of my wide feet, and I don't like how they look on my feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Speaking of chukkas, I've been thinking of getting a pair of Playboy Originals or Sanders Playboy...

I just checked. I don't think I can handle that sole, however practical, probably. : )
post #7016 of 14965
They're definitely something I'll have to try on before making my mind up...
post #7017 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Thanks. In what sense? I'm not looking for a sleek, "dressy" chukka.
The dark brown of the Pimlico seems bit boring to me.

As said, it's IMO as I tend to like sleeker and more squared lasts. They are available in dark brown suede as well if you're more interested in that. If you're not interested in the sleekness I would go for the Kempton, which is of higher quality than Loake's Design line.
post #7018 of 14965
NOBD, i would lean towards the kempton. considering last shape, stitching, laces, and height of the boot, i like it the best. however, i think it lends to a more dressy casual look, if you are going more casual, then i would say the lennox. either way, you arent making a mistake.

houden ons op de hoogte!
post #7019 of 14965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

As said, it's IMO as I tend to like sleeker and more squared lasts. They are available in dark brown suede as well if you're more interested in that. If you're not interested in the sleekness I would go for the Kempton, which is of higher quality than Loake's Design line.

Yes, I was referring to the colour of the dark brown suede. Could you elaborate on the quality differences between 1880 and Design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

NOBD, i would lean towards the kempton. considering last shape, stitching, laces, and height of the boot, i like it the best. however, i think it lends to a more dressy casual look, if you are going more casual, then i would say the lennox. either way, you arent making a mistake.
houden ons op de hoogte!

Thanks, Stitches. I'll keep you posted.
post #7020 of 14965

I have the Pimlico, and looking back, I should have got the Kempton as the colour is better.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Purchases